Votes: 5 3.8%
  • $150-250

Votes: 20 15.3%
  • $250-400

Votes: 57 43.5%
  • >$400

Votes: 49 37.4%

• Total voters
My cart bag was $50 used on OfferUp and my Sunday walking bag I love was $100 new. And even that one felt like a splurge, with similar bags for $40 on Amazon.

I strap in the cart bag 1 or 2 times a month and carry the Sunday bag about that often plus driving range trips. For my use case, cheap and cheerful does it. Can't imagine spending more than $150 for a bag.

I don't know. I got an email from Vessel about VIP early Black Friday access this morning, and guys aren't known for doing their best thinking when all the blood rushes to the wrong part of their... brain?

Got the email yesterday the VIP early access sale starts 11/12

UGH do I need another bag.....
Ugh, got the go ahead to buy with the black Friday pricing and still can't pull the trigger. This might not happen, such a mental block on this. 😕

Edit: nm

Last edited:
My veteran's vessel stand bag was $250. That's about my limit

I like the $250 cap. Plenty of phenomenal bags out there for that price range.

That said, there are also some beautiful options if you’re willing to go higher!

Obviously, it depends on the bag. However, it still is unbelievable that most golf bag prices doubled in just about a year or two. A bag I owned and was looking to replace (it got stolen) went from $100-120 when I bought it, to now $220. Hyperinflation.

Yes, I really like it.

Quick off topic question. How do you like the VGA? I’ve been thinking of getting into some “competitive” golf but I don’t want anything serious. My game is a work in progress right now so I’m not putting up great numbers in recreational rounds either.

With Black Friday deal bag is 316 vs 395. Still an issue paying that price. Have till 29th to make up my mind.

I had to go >$400 because I’d break into the 250-400 zone for this guy! :love:
1636688702562.png

I thought over 250 would be the number until I saw a Vessel charcoal gray stand bag with a 14 way top lol. Man that is a nice bag. I almost caved on the spot 😂

Like many others have said, anything over $250 seems a little high for me.

I am going to throw a different spin on this, in The US , you have product that is from our point of view considerably cheaper than what we pay for it … yes there may be variance in average wage etc , also the exchange rate ,,, currently
1 USD = approx 72 cents Aus. So that equates to higher price also.

lts not the dollar value but the return on the purchase , the pleasure the practicality the newness and discussion and also the purchase . That’ all fits into the equation .

But also inversely , a female / lady , has penchant. For handbags many have many bags and of considerable value indeed their are bag brands that 10s of thousands of dollars would be needed … so relatively speaking your bag is proportionality more economical. Hahha

I’ve done the cost benefit analysis , no get out there and buy it ….lol

I try to keep it under $200

The correct answer is "whatever you are comfortable paying".

I've had three stand bags over the last 25 years, one Wilson and two Sun Mountain. Each was roughly $300 but lasted me at least 7 years so that works out to $50/year which I think is quite reasonable. The Wilson was still functional, just a little tired looking when I retired it. The first SM I blew out the bag pocket putting clubs in the bag, and the second SM is still the bag I will use if I'm going to be using a power cart. It's fully functional, just tired looking like the Wilson was.

Given that the average cost of a stand bag is $200-250 I decided to take the plunge on a Vessel bag. After the exchange/shipping/taxes I probably have just over $400 into it, but I can honestly say that the quality is as good as, probably better than any previous bag I have owned. And the materials they use should stand the test of time and not fade or fray plus they are super easy to clean. Just like the ball and grips, the bag is the only other item used on every single shot you take.

Obviously there is personal preference to some degree.

But the golf bag might be the single most used piece of equipment there is. Clubs come and go but most bags seem to stick around for years, and carry possibly thousands of dollars of clubs. They are one of the major design/fashion statements of the whole golfing set up.

Yet seem to be an afterthougOK?
Broad stroke, but General feeling is a 500$ bag is crazy, but a 600$ driver is ok?

I've never bought one over 150 I think. And I can't get myself to pull the trigger on anything more expensive despite my logic telling me it's worth it.

Where is your comfort zone?

Dead on about the most used piece of equipment. I've had a Mizuno Scratch Sac as a practice bag for 15 yeaers. It's fantastic. Perfect for carrying 6-8 clubs to the driving range. I've literally used it hundreds of times.

It's finally starting to wear out, seams breaking apart, etc. I'm balking at paying $129 for a new one. The current one has literally lasted longer than any other golf thing I own. Yet I won't blink at dropping a couple of hundred bucks on a club that probably won't be in the bag 18 months later.

Picked high cost point because it all comes down to durability, functions, and features to me. If it’s a great bag and checks all the boxes I’m all in, if not the willingness to splurge drops off a bit.

I think it depends on quality and features. Would I pay more for a bag with a lifetime guarantee? Yes. There’s a lot of factors that go into it, but even if it had everything..300 or 350 would be the absolute most I would pay.

it’s just so different for each person, tbh

Back