How much golf does it take to burn you out?

I did 18 for 4 days in a row and that was no problem.

Think I'd get worn down doing 36 a day for 3 or more days in a row

Haven't ever found it. So as of now, there is no limit

It is entirely dependent on how well I'm hitting the ball and if I need a break.

I play 5 to 6 days a week and no burn out. When I meet the buddy's for a golf trip, we play 36 holes a day for 4 to 5 days in a row. What's burn- out??

I have burned out golfing by myself. I gnereally enjoy golfing alone, especially early in the morning, but I spent one summer playing by myself in the middle of the day due to a weird work schedule and by the end it wasn;t fun anymore.

Playing with my dad? Nah, not gonna burn out. It's got to be with the right people.

A lot is dependent upon the weather and the physical demands. If it's cold, windy, raining or ridiculously hot, it's going to be a LOT fewer rounds and in fact, I may just not go. If I'm walking a lot of the rounds, that can obviously have an impact due to just overall energy and uh, personal problems (chaffing). Other injuries can play a factor (fingers splitting, blisters, etc).

And of course it's a LOT easier to have a lot more enthusiasm when you're striking the ball well. When you're playing like crap and can't figure out how to fix it, it's a whole lot easier to get the "What am I doing out here" mindset, unless the group your with are just awesome to be around.

But all that said, I'm generally one of the guys that wants to keep going and see what the next day brings.

I have not had the opportunity to find out how much golf it would take to burn me out.

I don’t know I haven’t hit that point that yet

When I played avid golf (130 plus rounds a year) for 15 straight years.I now look back at all I missed with family events etc.That gets me sad and burned out.But I sure met a ton of cool people along the way that I still call good friends

It has a lot to how I was playing.If im in a major hacking rut.I can get burned out after a few rounds

I’m burnout now. Don’t know what it is. I used to want to play multiple times per week and now I’m down to about every other week. 🤷‍♂️

Physically I am at my breaking point after a 3 day trip. Usually, those will have 1 round at least with more than 18. The first time I did a long golf trip with a group of guys we did 27 holes of a scramble on day 1 to learn the course, 45 the second day with the last 9 being another scramble and then I played 18 on Sunday and bowed out because I was done (shot my PB that round). They ended up playing 45 that day too.

Hasn’t happened yet, hope it doesn’t!

we get a nice little forced break every year. makes it hard to have too much golf fit into like 5 months of the year.

Been there a few years back. On vacation and all but still. We did 3 courses the same day:

Greywalls B4 sun up -> then drove 1.5 hours to Sweetgrass -> then almost an hour over to Timberstone.

We had a great time but after all that golf I still had to drive the 1.5 hrs back to Marquette that night. We had a tee time the next morning but I was burned out and slept in.

Last edited:
Don’t know haven’t found it yet.

I’m fighting through it right now. Aggravated. Lost any resemblance of a swing that I had. But I’ll keep grinding and pushing through.

I love to play but physically my body needs rest. 2 or 3 days in a row is usually good.
When I go to Myrtle for the World Am and I play 5-7 straight days, My back can get cranky after the rounds.

A break to unwind after a week of golf is nice, so I'd say a week straight. I can play longer when with friends or in a competition since they help me stay mentally in the round.

Dont really get burned out from playing but more so playing in bad weather. Played 54 holes in 1 day last year and was focused the whole time surprisingly. I get tired of 40 degrees and windy come November

I haven't reached that point yet. I've always been in the situation of trying to figure out how to squeeze in more golf between kids, work, etc., so I'm probably pretty far away from burnout territory at the moment.

I never get to play enough to get burnt out.

No limit for me

Haven’t found that limit yet. I get pretty physically tired after about 4 days in a row and may need a recovery day but I don’t really think that is burnout…just old age and out of shape.

It is entirely dependent on how well I'm hitting the ball and if I need a break.
If I based it upon how I'm playing, I'd be taking about six months off after last weekend. :ROFLMAO:

The condition of my game has never been a factor. I'm always ready to get back in the saddle and try again. I don't play golf for a living, and my ego can handle the fact that I really suck at golf sometimes, even if it stings a bit in the moment.

Back