How much fun are hard shell tacos?

Even better is a soft shell with refried beans, then wrap that sh!t around the hard shell taco loaded with the fixins.

I’m sorry what? I’m team soft shell here

If we start agreeing too much, they'll think we like one another.

Brat Taco 4 Lyfe

1. Buy corn tortillas
2. Fry them yourself.
3. Seperate yourself from those terrible Old El Paso "taco shells"

Also. layer of refried beans as the base, then the rest of the toppings :D

Post Something GIF

I’m a soft taco guy.

Wrap the hard shell with a warmed up soft shell, best of both worlds.
Put a soft flour tortilla on the plate underneath your tacos, and let it catch all the spillage. Wrap it up after you're done with your tacos, and you get a bonus burrito out of the deal.

I love them if I’m not the one having to stuff them with meat, cheese and the rest of the toppings.

Hard shell tacos for ground/shredded beef or birria (preferably flash fried, but hard shell is fine too); soft shell with cilantro and onions for carne asada, lengua, cabeza, tripas, carnitas, barbacoa, al pastor, etc.

Put a soft flour tortilla on the plate underneath your tacos, and let it catch all the spillage. Wrap it up after you're done with your tacos, and you get a bonus burrito out of the deal.
New idea, plates made out of tortillas. Finish you meal, and the scraps get rolled up for a bonus snack!

Wrap the hard shell with a warmed up soft shell, best of both worlds.
But you gotta slather some refried beans on that soft shell before your wrap..........you gotta.......

I love 'em, but I also make my own double decker tacos with them. I use the Stand & Stuff shells which hold more, then I cut a burrito wrap in half, cover it with refried beans, and wrap that around the outside of the shell. So I get all the crunch, and when the shell breaks, the burrito holds it all together so I don't lose anything.

It's gotta be the ones that stand up on their own. That way the stuff doesn't fall out until you take the first bite.

I may or may not have had these for breakfast lunch & dinner today, it's what happens when you have leftover meat to get rid of

I may or may not have had these for breakfast lunch & dinner today, it's what happens when you have leftover meat to get rid of
Good Day GIF

One of my favourites when I was a kid! I haven’t had them in awhile - we always just default right to taco salad!

If you have good ventilation for frying- Frying corn tortilla in a cast iron pan is the very best. Pain in the but to fry and a little greasy but the tasty

Soft shell guy checking in...but I love me a crunch wrap or warm soft shell with some cheese wrapped around the hard shell

Im sorry but I’m going to drop what I just ate
Fitos Tacos
IMG_9780.jpeg

Tacos have hard shells as far as I’m concerned… a soft shell taco is just an unrolled burrito.

I'm not a fan. I really like the taste, get tired of the slop. Soft all day for me.

Soft shell. either Birria, al pastor or shrimp.

I think you're supposed to put a soft shell under your hard shell so you can collect those scraps.
That also offers some protection against inner mouth scraping from the shell.

Back