How Many Drives Could You Hit In. 7.5 Hours?

I get large range buckets because it's like 2 bcks more than a medium bucket. And I seemingly always leave some there. Go figure. But I wear out hitting balls. My mind goes numb. If there was some sort of reward or similar and I went all out my guess I could hit 1400. But it would have to be a big reward. Ha

I keep seeing this ad on FB where Moe Norman, at an exhibition hit 1,540 drives in a little over 7 hours.

How many could you hit in the same amount of time?

Me, maybe 360.
No. That's roughly a drive every 18.62 seconds. I think that would be quite a bit faster than my normal pace of hitting drives on the range.

My back would give out long before my will would.

I hit about 50 yesterday for science and my back is killing me

I hit about 50 yesterday for science and my back is killing me
Breaking Bad Aaron GIF

Do I need to be able to walk the next day or is it ok to be in traction?

I have no idea. I figure I'd get bored pretty quickly and quit.

Moe Norman was a machine. It's just not fair.

I think I could hit quite a few based on long driving sessions of the past but I figure at some point an elbow or something totally random would get pissed and I would have to stop.

About 100. I would lose interest after that many.

Moe taught himself and was hitting 500 balls a day at one point. He could talk as fast as he hit too.

I get large range buckets because it's like 2 bcks more than a medium bucket. And I seemingly always leave some there. Go figure. But I wear out hitting balls. My mind goes numb. If there was some sort of reward or similar and I went all out my guess I could hit 1400. But it would have to be a big reward. Ha
I grabbed a large bucket last week the first time I took my new clubs out. By the time that bucket was gone, I was toast and my swing had gone to crap (even more than its usual crap, I mean).

I keep seeing this ad on FB where Moe Norman, at an exhibition hit 1,540 drives in a little over 7 hours.

How many could you hit in the same amount of time?

Me, maybe 360.
Is there a min distance to be considered a drive?

I’d say maybe 100 semi-decent drives. After that I’m sure I could swing a club at the ball for awhile longer, but it would not be beneficial at all.

If I could be tied to a rotating piece of machinery I could hit a lot. Otherwise, I would collapse after a while.

Is there a min distance to be considered a drive?
Well the article said he was hitting his driver, and all the 1540 balls landing in the same area.

I don't know what his minimum was. Mine is around 210 yards on average. Your minimum could be something different. I know a 87 year old guy who hits his drives 160 yards.

Six consecutive drives is my maximum. If I haven't got it after six, it is not going to happen.

Moe Norman was a machine. It's just not fair.
I'd like to know the dispersion of all those drives. I bet it would shock most of us

I'd like to know the dispersion of all those drives. I bet it would shock most of us
All inside the range of a bath towel I’m sure. Dude was a ball striker.

All inside the range of a bath towel I’m sure. Dude was a ball striker.
I just found this from a GD article on him:

At an exhibition once, Norman hit 1,540 drives in a little under seven hours. None was shorter than 225 yards, and all landed inside a marked 30-yard-wide landing zone.

I just found this from a GD article on him:

At an exhibition once, Norman hit 1,540 drives in a little under seven hours. None was shorter than 225 yards, and all landed inside a marked 30-yard-wide landing zone.
ever watch some of his stuff? Swing was unique, but he owned it and it worked for him.

ever watch some of his stuff? Swing was unique, but he owned it and it worked for him.
Oh yes I have. I've even met people who saw him first-hand at the local muni here in town. He knew exactly where and how far the ball was going to go before he hit it.

Boy I don't know, in my prime with someone else putting them on a tee I might have been able to get close. The dispersion would be like a bell curve, a little off at first but once in a groove the middle numbers would be tight, and it's actually easier hitting more quickly when in a groove because you've settled into a good rhythm. Anyone know if Moe teed them up all by his lonesome.

Last edited:
Well, if you saw my ironman sessions on the SkyTrak you'd know I can get a bit nuts.

I've hit 300+ shots in 3 hours, so I think I could have given Moe a run for his money.

Back