How Many Different Courses Do You Play?

Sean

Earthbound Extraterrestrial
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I've only played one different golf course this season. My club charges $275 a month for unlimited golf, along with a whole host of other amenities (grass range, covered/heated bays, Top Tracer Range, a grass pitching range, use of the gym, a 9 hole short course, and practice putting greens). The average municipal charges $65, with cart during the week, and the nicer courses are over $100.

Given those prices, I rarely play anywhere else. I don't particularly like my home course. From the white tees it's 5400 yards with a slope of 127. It's littered with hazards and playing a round without losing a golf ball is no mean feat. But, I play virtually every day, so for $275 a month I can't afford not to be a member.

Anyway, I'm just curious if you get around to a lot of different courses, or do you play the vast majority of golf at your home course?

I play pretty much daily also. Probably 80% of my rounds at my home club but the other 20% split up between three different courses.

I tend to go away from the club on the weekends. Because it’s a difficult course and we are only semi private It’s a zoo over there on the weekend with very long rounds.

No home course. Have played 9 diff courses this season so far. Will be 10 after Monday

I play a lot at my home course during the week because I can easily get out after work. On the weekend I like to mix it up a bit and play different courses. I play probably 10 or so different local courses every year.

I only play once or twice a week. At the course where I’m a member, they have 3 9’s. 5900-6100 from the whites depending on rotation. Free to walk or $20 for the ride. I will go play somewhere else but the deal at my home course is nice.

I’m not opposed to playing other places and play maybe 10 others a year.

I don't have a home course,but I play a dozen or so courses within an hour of me throughout each season.

I’m a member of a club. I play nearly all of my golf there.

I play most of my golf at our club's two courses. I've played a few other courses this year while travelling. Since I have already paid for my membership, it's no (or minimal for a cart) extra outlay to play at our club.

I have a core rotation of 5-7 courses that I play most of my rounds at. Then anything else is once a year or every-other.

14 courses so far this year. Will be 44 of 82 rounds at my home course later today. Really dialed back on the numbers of courses and such the past couple years.

Not a member anywhere yet. Hoping to be in the next year or 2 but for now, I travel the open road and play where I can

I think I'm around 7 different courses so far this year. It'll wind up closer to 20 by the end of the season

Currently at 8 different courses played so far, similar to others will finish out the season around 20-25 different courses played.

Not a member anywhere and currently play a regular rotation of 7 courses.

My rotation is mainly three courses close to the house. Two are muni's and the third is cheap executive course between the house and one of my job sites.

Play a different course every week but my home course is 10 mins away so easy access.

2. my home course (because it's 7 minutes from thehouse) and my "home" course because it's my favorite but 30 min away.

Right now I am playing a rotation of 4-5 courses in the area.

Daily player at my home course but we try to play a different area course once every other week on a Thursday or Friday.

Normally, once I join a course that offers an annual membership, I rarely, if ever, play anywhere else for economic reasons. However, this year, I've now played four courses, which includes my "home" course which temporarily closed after Memorial Day and won't re-open until early to mid-September.

I live at the course I’m a member of, so I rarely play other courses. In fact I’ve only played 5 other courses in the 7+ years we’ve lived here.

Only 2 in my rotation; the other courses around here are either private or in poor condition.

Not a member so I play a lot of places

I've played in the Charlotte area this year
Red bridge
Rocky river
Highland creek
Palisades
The tradition
The divide
Skybrook
Sunset hills 9 hole - with my son
Spring lake

In Florida
Oriole

There is one course in my neck of the woods that I frequent more than others because I can get an early weekend tee time with cart for $54. It's a privately owned public course and the conditions while not up to country club standards tend to be better or on par with other public courses/munis nearby. There are about 10 courses within a 20 mile radius to where I live but there are generally only 3-4 that I play regularly.

No membership or annual pass for me, typically. We move around and so far in 2023, we have played 24 different courses. I figure by the end of the year, the count will be about 30-35 different courses.

I am not against holding a membership or season pass but my group would all need to buy a pass at the same course to have it make sense. That won't happen.

I play two courses mainly because that's where the leagues are. On weekends I travel and have a "book" of courses that has 14 different ones and then I'll supplement with another 4-5. So I'm around 20 different courses for the year.

Back