How Many Buttons Unbuttoned On Polo

Always leave the top button undone. I’m no bubba Watson.

that said, I’m not into seeing dudes chest hair at all. Be generous with your buttoning boys.
Since I'm older, it looks like the top of Don King's head is spilling out of my wide open shirt.

Ha!! Scrub that image, if you can.

Generally just the top one unless I get very hot.

Sometimes one, usually two. I don’t get the whole top button done up on a polo thing. Who thought that was a good look.

1 usually

Only leave the top one unbuttoned

I wouldn't buy a polo with only 1 button. Do you have one and if yes wear it Monday.

That seems close-minded. I have a lot of polos. I will check tonight though. Do shirts that originally had two or more buttons but only have one now count?

Top unbuttoned, sometimes two unbuttoned depending on button spacing.

66% usually only wear 3 button polos.

Top button is always unbuttoned. Very rare that I unbutton the second one.

Usually all but the top are buttoned unless it's a weird shirt.

Was always and only the top button undone for me. But lately, some Izod shirts I picked up feel a little grabby across the shoulders and just releasing that 2nd button helps. Just for golf though, for casual wear it’s only the top unbuttoned.

Usually 1. Have a couple polos that still seem a little choked though and require another one undone.

Usually 1. Have a couple polos that still seem a little choked though and require another one undone.
That's from your bat-wing lats and cannonball delts.

How many buttons do you leave unbuttoned on your golf polo? Are you a Tiger who buttons them all? Do you do the top button only unbuttoned? Are you a bit more casual and leave 2 buttons unfastened? Are you super casual and leave them all unfastened?

I personally am a 2 buttons unfastened guy. That sometimes gets a little too low and I will fasten the 2 button, but generally 2 buttons unfastened is good for me.
I would say it depends on how many buttons the polo has. Some of mine have 2 buttons and I button them all. Some have 4 buttons and a leave 2 unbuttoned. Some have 3 and leave them all buttoned or one unbuttoned. It just depends on the day haha.

I usually only button the bottom button.

Need to leave something up to the imagination!

That seems close-minded. I have a lot of polos. I will check tonight though. Do shirts that originally had two or more buttons but only have one now count?

No,

Top button unbuttoned is all for me most of the time. I feel like if I undo 2 I need more hair on my chest and a big gold chain like 1978.....

I frequently go two from the top because I have a large neck and I don’t like my shirt too tight.

It all depends on the number of buttons and the position of the buttons on the placket. I have found since switching to Peter Millar and G Fore shirts, I will either only button the lowest button, or in some cases none at all.

Back when I wore FJ, it was always two buttons buttoned.

This is the correct answer. If a shirt looks weird with only the bottom button buttoned, I don’t buy it.

Top one for sure. Can't think of any shirt where I've had the second undone, but I wouldn't be opposed to it if it's still at a reasonable level and comfortable.

Back