How long (if ever) before Speith wins again?

He’s done. Like David Duval full body yips done.

Can’t disagree with you, flawed swing and an incredible period of success inside 100 yards wasn’t a foundation to nurture a 20+ year career

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can’t disagree with you, flawed swing and an incredible period of success inside 100 yards wasn’t a foundation to nurture a 20+ year career

I hope I’m wrong. I just see a lot of similarities between him and Duval. Something is off and I’m not sure it will ever be fixed.

I was left off his party invite list but luckily can watch him tomorrow on PGA Live.

Ain’t no party like a Spieth PGA Tour Live Party!

A Thursday and Friday party?
I kid I kid. :ROFLMAO:

baby steps JB, Baby steps. I’ll take that over a Finau Sunday watch party.

baby steps JB, Baby steps. I’ll take that over a Finau Sunday watch party.

Oooof. That is like choosing who to go visit for dinner, and your choices are divorced in laws.

Oooof. That is like choosing who to go visit for dinner, and your choices are divorced in laws.

Always go with the drinkers. Drinkers have more fun.

• Haha
Reactions: JB
Always go with the drinkers. Drinkers have more fun.
I think he does well this week actually. But sadly I won’t be drinking in the morning

I think he does well this week actually. But sadly I won’t be drinking in the morning

No one likes a quitter! Nashville hot chicken and waffles and a Bloody Mary

He has succeeded at every level, he shall win and be #1 before too long

I think his short game is too good not to win. He get his confidence back off the tee and win a bunch more I think.

This kid is still young. I believe Sir Nick Faldo went thru a swing change in the mid 80's and didn't win for like 3 years, not until he was 30. Everybody said he was done. Then he won 6 majors. Jordan has talent and I believe he will win again. From the outside looking in, I would expect to see a coaching or caddie change, maybe both.

If neither wins again I would say Speith because of more majors. At this point in their careers I would say JT because he is still winning and playing well. Speith is playing like a journeyman.

IMO, when you play your entire competitive life not thinking about your swing, then lose it and go for the let's figure out the technical aspects so we can put it back together option ... you're screwed. He MAY win again but I would be very surprised.
I just don't think you can be successful going from see the shot-step up & hit it to OK I'm going to do the following things to make the swing I want.

I worry for him that he’ll go the route of a Yani Tseng, one win since 2011 and currently ranked 666 in the rankings. I always felt her class would show through but it’s not happened. He could be much the same and it could be multiple factors, mental, desire or just having lost it altogether. Hoping he’ll come through!!!

Spieth is another World number one who decided to make swing changes at the piinnicle of his career and lost his way. Beats me why they do this when the chances that the changes may have adverse effects on the game that got them to number one. Spieth is a smart lad - he would have been the last player I thought would have fallen for this. Especially when his coach had made the comment when Jordan was winning that they wouldn't be changing anything in his swing. Go figure?

Seeing the footage of Jordan the other day after his round...on the range, trying to figure things out for an extended period of time, getting frustrated and just sitting there, etc....It reminds me of myself :) I'm not that good a golfer by any means...but I'd be a lot better if I could shake the mental hurdles I deal with that lock me up in a round of golf, for whatever reason.

I think Jordan has all the skill he needs...he's just locked up mentally...until he can get thru whatever it is...I dunno. I don't see wins coming his way. I'm not saying he'll never win again...I think he will. I don't know what he needs to do, to get through his mental blocks, but he's searching for something/has a lack of trust in his ability. Maybe he needs a break? Maybe he needs to change up things as far a coach, etc. I don't know. I see a good golfer who at the moment is just lost.

Soon I hope.

I have no idea what's holding him back right now as I don't follow the tour as much as I used to.

I respect DD and actually love listening to his stories and insights on air but with all due respect, I was expecting something more enlightening than his downfall being chasing 5-10 yards? I think all professionals, esp. after making the transition from college to the pros looks for improvement. Have a hard time believing 5-10 yard chasing caused this mess. I truly believe it is a combination of a few things which actually makes it worse. I think he's waiting for them all to just sort of "fall into place". I'm guessing within the next year or so he's going to make a change or reach out to someone for help.

Back