How long have you suffered?

Nerdy

Revenge of the Nerds!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
OH weather
Talking to a friend of mine about the Nuggets winning a championship and how long their fans had to wait vs Vegas winning so quickly and it made me think.
When was the last time a team you root for won a championship? How long have you suffered?

Being a Houston Texans fan we’ve never won one.

Being a Boston sports fan, I can't complain at all about championships the past 20 years.

Back when I followed the NFL I was a Lions die-hard. They have not won a championship while I’ve been alive.

30 years for the Royals, streak ended in 2015
50 years for the Chiefs, streak ended in 2019

For me the most recent is the Cincinnati Reds - 1990
I was only 9 when they won so I don't really remember it all that well

Bears - 1985
Notre Dame - 1988
Blue Jackets - hahahaha

7 long months

The Carolina Panthers entered the league in 1995. They’ve lost 2 Super Bowls and been in the NFC Championship 4 times. So, 28 years.

Not long.

1191314137.0.jpg

Only 5 years so not too bad. Prior to 2004 was a different story though.

Not very long with one exception

Baseball - SF Giants (2010, 2012, 2014)
Football - KC Chiefs (2019, 2022)
Hockey - TB Lightning (2020, 2021)
Basketball - It's been a long, long, long time since 1973.

I am fortunate, the Skins had a great run in the late 80s early 90s. The Nats won in 2019 - but I was without baseball from 1972-2005 so that should count double. The Wiz won in the 70s and probably will not only not win again in my lifetime but won't sniff a win. The Caps after what felt a century of poor playoff performances finally won also in 2019.

So, I'm out. But happy. My kids - that's another story.

Giants have had a number of disappointing seasons, over 10 years since their last win

Heat have won it semi recently but for the dolphins, hurricanes, and all other Miami team

Raptors in 2019, before that it was Jays in 1992 and 93, then back to 67 for the Leafs. I couldn’t give 2 s***s about team sports, but wins are good for the city overall.

Reds
Bengals
Getting close, and in thrilling fashion but no hardware since I’ve been alive.

30 years for the Royals, streak ended in 2015
50 years for the Chiefs, streak ended in 2019
And to add to that Manchester City who is my wife's team since she was a little girl and who I had to become a fan of in 2005 when we met, hadn't won a League title since 1968 before winning it in 2012., 44 years (she saw the 1968 team as well).

4 months. Been lucky the past few years but prior this run it was 1985.

I was 2 when the Mets last won the World Series.....

NY Rangers - 1994
NY Mets - 1986
NY Jets - a couple years before I was born, but at least I got to enjoy the butt fumble

Aston Villa fan. 81 was the last time we won the first division (what is now the Prem. league), 82 European Cup (now champions league). We won the championship playoff back in 2019 to get promoted back into the premier league. It’s been a while since I saw them win some proper silverware. 96 was the last time they lifted a trophy, the league cup.

Im convinced 1990 Reds World Series was the high watermark as Cincinnati doesn’t know how to do sports trophies. Ergo I am not suffering.

Notre Dame - 1988

Some very exciting seasons the last 10 years, but just not good enough. Cant wait to be let down again in a few months! :LOL:

Back