How I Met Your Mother [Spoilers]

Damaikis

Fairway Finder
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.2
So, this is the best TV show ever. They are in Season 8 right now and they have already been renewed for a Season 9. We just learned tonight where Ted will meet his wife, and Barney and Robin are engaged. So who else watches this show?

I have been watching from the beginning, it is good but my favorite comedy on TV is Big Bang Theory.

I watch off and on. Have probably seen about half of each season. I am ready to see who the hell he marries.

I watch off and on. Have probably seen about half of each season. I am ready to see who the hell he marries.

I get the feeling it will be disappointing after all this buildup.

I love this show...Barney is too freaking funny

Best comedy in years, hands down. I've been watching since the start.

Such an awesome show! Can we see Ted's wife already?! Gosh I have been waiting 8 seasons geeze haha

I love this show! The cliff hanger at the last episode was awesome!

I used to think the show was stupid and refused to watch it. One day I watched it and it turned into me and my wife watching the first 7 seasons on Netflix back to back to back to back (you get the point). Absolutely love it.

I love this show. I thought after the seasons first episode it looked like Robin and Barney didn't get married but tonights kind of shows that they will / do.

I also heard rumored that this would be the last season, I didn't know they were already renewed for another one.

I don't know. Barney and Robin getting married doesn't seem right. I think something will happen to them. I have been known to be Ted Moseby (according to my College Friends) so I do like this show. Alot. Maybe too much. Oh, and Robin is hot.

This show is legend...wait for it....dary! I saw the article the other day where they renewed for next year, it seems like they are already starting to wrap things up and now will need to drag it out another year. We have seen more and more info about Ted's future wife and I hope they are saving something special.

I don't know. Barney and Robin getting married doesn't seem right. I think something will happen to them. I have been known to be Ted Moseby (according to my College Friends) so I do like this show. Alot. Maybe too much. Oh, and Robin is hot.

Robin is very hot, in earlier seasons in my opinion, but we have already found out Robin and Barney are getting married. They have built that up for about two seasons now. As Ted meets his wife there. But now I'm not sure since there is another season..sadly..

Robin is very hot, in earlier seasons in my opinion, but we have already found out Robin and Barney are getting married. They have built that up for about two seasons now. As Ted meets his wife there. But now I'm not sure since there is another season..sadly..

I know what you mean. I'm glad it will be back but sad that we won't get things wrapped up this year.

No, he meets his future wife at Barney/Robin's wedding. This has been the build up for a couple seasons now. Regardless of the season 9 renewal, he still meets her at the wedding. Now if they drag it out and make the wedding the end of next year, or this year and have a season of them dating, is up in the air.

By the way, I got into this show during season 5. Love it. Basically it's the show my wife and I fall asleep to every night, when it isn't Friends. We (well I) LOVE this show, and rarely miss an episode. Season 2 is by far the best season this show has had. And the ending of that season is so amazing it's not even funny.

Ah, you're Ted? Lame. I think Lily is hotter.

Whatever. But yes. Many of my college friends think I have the exact same mannerisms as Ted Moseby.

I remember reading on ign.com the possibility of a spin off show from this one(something I wouldn't exactly be against) but I am just worried about the build up of the actual meeting of Ted and the wife. Does the show end with them meeting? Do we know what happens after they meet? Half a season left and then a whole next season? Seriously what do they have left?

She was cute in the girl next door kinda way in the earlier seasons, but she is looking seriously bad this season.

She was cute in the girl next door kinda way in the earlier seasons, but she is looking seriously bad this season.

Agreed. Not the same after she had the kid (in the show).

I think Ted meets his wife at the end of this show, then the final season wraps it all up with their courtship and whatnot, ending with them getting engaged or married.

Agreed. Not the same after she had the kid (in the show).

I think Ted meets his wife at the end of this show, then the final season wraps it all up with their courtship and whatnot, ending with them getting engaged or married.

She was actually pregnant last year as well as her character.

IMO I think this season we meet the mom, and then next season is something like a re-cap or "mother's point of view" or the two of them actually dating or getting together.

I guess I should put this in spoiler tags, but oh well

The year is 2030.

Ted Mosby is 52 years old, still sad and alone, while all his friends are married.

He goes to a strip club, gets wasted, and ends up going with one of the dancers, who happens to be a single mother.
The morning after, as Ted prepares for a walk of shame, he walks out to find he woman's two kids on the couch. They awkwardly ask how this random stranger in their house knows their mom.
Ted, being his socially awkward self, tells these two random children his entire life story, leading up toHOW I MET YOUR MOTHER.

That's depressing Wake.....

That would be a win, Wake. Definitely a Ted thing. I could easily see that happening to him. He's so pathetic.

Back