How good was this album?

kiwichris

Team Smoked Charcuterie
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
As always, playing some random music through my one pandora station and a song comes on. And when your 8 yo daughter also knows the band thanks to a movie, even better.

Which gets you thinking about the band or album, or both.

Add more, I want to see what we come up with.

How good was this album?
1713146962328.png

Definitely not my preferred genre, but it's a classic.

Appetite was GnR's best. Nothing afterwards compared to it.

How good was this album?

Frampton.jpg

Bill And Ted Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

As always, playing some random music through my one pandora station and a song comes on. And when your 8 yo daughter also knows the band thanks to a movie, even better.

How good was this album?
View attachment 9257297
One of the best albums of the 80’s, and there were some darn good albums in that decade!

How about this one?
Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png

I'll throw in a few all time greats.

MOP.jpgAenima.jpgRageAgainsttheMachineRageAgainsttheMachine.jpgNirvana.jpg

Same year, different vibe. Being born in 1989 I obviously have claim to the 80's.
1713161407775.png

How good was this album?
View attachment 9257297
We had this exact conversation on the 18th tee yesterday when one of the songs came up on the speaker. We were all in high school at the time it was released so I think that nostalgia plays a big role in the sentiment.

Some greats here for sure. Especially when you can listen straight through every time. Not many albums can catch me like that.

I’ll toss in these:

81evsr3Oq0L._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

1713219899082.jpeg

One of the greatest albums of all time and I remember when my older brother(by 6 years) bought it home in 1973 when I was 8 years old. He had a decent stereo in his bedroom and we listened to it more times than I can count.

A small boutique ski company that went out of business in 2017 made some skis I’ve been searching for since and I tracked a pair down in Canada last week and they are on the way to my house. :) I won't ski on them, they will be wall art for my bar area. :)

IMG_0378.jpeg

Last edited:
1713220337767.jpeg

How good was this album?
View attachment 9257297
The last 1:31 of Rocket Queen might be the best musical moment of the entire genre.

Appetite is very good. Agreed.

How good was this album...

images

This one is hard to top. Every note serves a purpose to tie the entire album together as one.
I think it's fair to say that albums like Dark Side are a thing of bygone era. Kind of sad.

I may have to give it a re-listen. I definitely remember use your illusion more because that’s what my buddy played every day on the way to school

Attachments

• SnoopDoggyDoggDoggystyle.jpg
    SnoopDoggyDoggDoggystyle.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Dr.DreTheChronic.jpg
    Dr.DreTheChronic.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 0
Back