How do you clean your clubs?

will

Morgan Cup 2023 - Team Hackers
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
How do you clean your clubs? Do you have a special cleaner? Dish soap and water? Do you just use a brush? Do you just dunk it in water? I’m just curious as to how everyone takes care of their clubs. Or doesn’t, if that’s the case.

Warm water with a scrub brush. Usually rinse brush with water then dry.

I have a special brush that I use when I give them a rinse in the utility sink

If i ever clean them I'll let you know. Just a towel wipe before each shot usually

Plain ol’ soap and water with a soft bristle brush.

I have a wet towel that I wipe down after every shot on course. Not sure what else is needed. I do have a brush for the every now and again there is dirt in the grooves

Water and soft bristle brush. Sometimes a groove cleaner if it’s bad.

On the course or range - I wet down a Spotless Swing Towel, scrub a little, dry it off, back in bag.

At home, I'll go through the bag once a week and give a more thorough warm water and nylon brush. Sometimes, I'll put a light abrasive on the face of a wedge to keep it clean.

Grips get done about once a week - warm water, tiny bit of dish soap, scrub with nylon brush, rinse, dry

On the course I will wipe with a wet towel amd brush but my buddy just game me one of those “Groove-it” tools and they are pretty cool.

Off course I will soak in pail of lukewarm water and usually car wash soap for 15 minutes or so and use soft nylon brush and give them good scrub. Wipe dry immediately. I also clean my grips about every 20 rounds, I find also helps them last longer.

Warm water, drop of dish soap, toothbrush, and a towel.
Exactly this way. Each time I go to the dentist I get a new club cleaner. Lol

Warm water and a microfiber towel. It gets everything

Simply green golf club and grip cleaner every 10 rounds or so, warm water with a brush for the faces after every round, pledge on the crowns of the woods every 10 rounds.

what? clean?

Soft brush and water. Or just leave them outside when it rains.

I purchase a spray bottle (yellow) of cleaner from the 99 Cents store....for $0.999. Not sure what it's called.

I use it on the club head, shaft, and grip. Just spray it on, and wipe it off. I clean my club heads after each swing probably 95% of the time.

Using it on the grips leaves them a little tacky.

When the original yellow liquid gets down to half full, I fill it up with tap water. One bottle last me about 2-3 months.

Hot water and scrub brush.

On the course wet towel.

After every round I wipe down the heads and grips with a wet rag. Every 2-3 months I wash the grips with hot water and dish soap. I do not submerge the heads in water.

hot soap and water with a nylon brush and a towel

GrooveIt Brush with a squirt or two of water then I towel it

I’ve mostly used warm water and a brush, but never thought about carrying a wet towel on the course to keep the clubs and grooves clean between shots. I have a brush I use while on the course, but might take an extra towel with me next time. Gotta keep these shiny new Mizunos looking fresh! :cool:

Warm water, Dawn dish soap, soft cloth.

Same for grips.

Back