Hot Tubs - Are they worth it

KY Golfer

It's for Kentucky, Lol #Paradise4Life
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Bourbon
I searched for a thread and didn't get anything so here we are Lol.

I'm thinking about a Hot Tub. The back is a problem and while I know it's not a fix, I think it could possibly help. Can't hurt I don't think. I've never had one or been around to many that have so I know nothing about them, taking care of them or really anything else.

So if you have or had one, and can help me out with the good and or bad of having one, taking care of it and anything else you can provide, it would be much appreciated.

My parents had one. I loved it. I can’t speaks to maintenance and all that, but I think you’d enjoy it

Worth every penny. I wish we still had one. I would gladly give up my pool for a hot tub.

Worth every penny. I wish we still had one. I would gladly give up my pool for a hot tub.
Even in the 215 Degree Arizona heat Lol?

Are they pretty easy to maintain?

Even in the 215 Degree Arizona heat Lol?

Are they pretty easy to maintain?
It does get cold here LOL!

Yes super easy to maintain and easy to drain out and clean up once per year which is what i did.

You can’t go back in time with Lou if you don’t have a Hot Tub!

We have an inflatable one and love it. Some would say it’s redneck but best $400 we’ve ever spent and heck if it don’t work out or you don’t like it you aren’t out a ton of money.

We have an inflatable one and love it. Some would say it’s redneck but best $400 we’ve ever spent and heck if it don’t work out or you don’t like it you aren’t out a ton of money.
I ain't FANCY :ROFLMAO:

Like most things, depends if you’ll use it a lot. Otherwise no.

We have one that is part of the the pool. First couple of years, we were in it a bunch. Not so much 11 years later. In the winter, it takes a lot of gas and time to get it up to temp. In the summer, it might as well be a bathtub. We wouldn’t do it again the way it is. Maybe a standalone.

Absolutely loved mine. Never used my pool but was in the hot tub 3-5 nights a week. Had to sell my house for a job move and new place doesn’t have room for one. Really going to miss it

My MIL bought an inflatable one from Costco about 2 years ago. The pump/heating unit went bad last month. It was $250 to replace. The children and her seem to like it.

I am in the pool more now than I was in the hot tub when we had it. That said, I would do another one. Easier to maintain. Just make sure you have a level surface to set it on.

Get one. It's my quiet relaxing place. Cigar, cocktail and hot bubbly water staring up at the stars.

We had one for many years. Enjoyed it back then. Got to a point that we didn’t use it very much. So we sold it. House we bought when we moved has a nice jacuzzi tube. I like it a lot. It’s basically no maintenance.

REALLY miss the. 4 person tub we had in Michigan. A real relief for sore and tired muscles.

We have one that is part of the the pool. First couple of years, we were in it a bunch. Not so much 11 years later. In the winter, it takes a lot of gas and time to get it up to temp. In the summer, it might as well be a bathtub. We wouldn’t do it again the way it is. Maybe a standalone.
The stand alone is the way to go so many great options in them.

REALLY miss the. 4 person tub we had in Michigan. A real relief for sore and tired muscles.
I got plenty of those Lol

Yes, absolutely worth it, however, can be quite expensive to maintain.

Go on.....Lol
Electrical boards, heating elements, pump issues. It's the equivalent to owning a jet ski. You will learn more about hot tub maintenance than you ever wanted to learn.

But...when it's working, it's amazing.

We had one. Bought new Marquis brand. It was nice. Like a lot of things you use it a lot at first then over time it’s a chore as others have said, parts maintenance, nothing like having to do a refill in 35 degree weather.

After a while i was the sole user. I will say hot tub in a snow storm some friends wine bourbon etc night time. It’s awesome but rare. After year one i think it was a regret.

Neighbors just got one about 2-3 months ago I’ve never seen or heard them in it.

At our last house we had one that was part of the pool. I used the hot tub a lot more than the pool, and loved it. In our current house, the previous owners had the pool built and didn't include a hot tub. Having one put in after the fact would cost almost as much as building a new pool all over again, so that's out of the question, but I really do miss having it. There's nothing like a soak in the hot tub for sore muscles!

Back