YukonLiving

Team Hackers
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone play? I have a horseshoe pit in my backyard that’s always a hit at barbecues and such. They’re fairly common up here, but wondering if it’s played with any regularity elsewhere.

The old people used to destroy us kids when we were younger. They never missed.

they play corn hole here..

It's fun as hell, but I miss horseshoes.
See, that’s what I was wondering! I’d guess horseshoe pits outnumber corn hole 2:1 here.

See, that’s what I was wondering! I’d guess horseshoe pits outnumber corn hole 2:1 here.
I don't know that I've ever even seen a horseshoe pit in Ohio.

This makes me want to build one.

I have , a vague thought it’s throwing shoes at a post ?

And definitely not played down here ….

I have , a vague thought it’s throwing shoes at a post ?

And definitely not played down here ….
Yep, that’s pretty much it. Add some sand around the post and toss ‘em from a certain distance.

Have shovel... will dig....

Anyone play? I have a horseshoe pit in my backyard that’s always a hit at barbecues and such. They’re fairly common up here, but wondering if it’s played with any regularity elsewhere.
@ryang13 - can you explain the bold to me? Now I'm really confused at what you and @Ryanr760 were about to do before @Wildcat4life and @Carolina Dundee called you all off, all the while @EdelBlake, @jazi95 and myself were simply enjoying the evening under the Texas stars

We have one at our ranch along with a cornhole set and dartboard.

I made one as a kid. Do it!

When I was a kid we had the old fashion yard darts. Javelins for everyone.

I remember having horseshoe pits in parks, then the People Against Everything called the Fun Police

@ryang13 - can you explain the bold to me? Now I'm really confused at what you and @Ryanr760 were about to do before @Wildcat4life and @Carolina Dundee called you all off, all the while @EdelBlake, @jazi95 and myself were simply enjoying the evening under the Texas stars
Well here’s the thing. I’m what you might describe as an “enthusiastic but oftentimes misinformed idiot” who “occasionally starts new hobbies without doing any sort of thinking or research” and is “willing to risk potentially grievous bodily harm to accomplish a task”.

Washers in dirt pits was the game in the college years. You can put all kinds of spin and side kick on a washer.

Can somebody please explain what ….

Cornhole set

is ???? 😳

My grandpa had a pit and we used to play all the time growing up. It’s been years since I’ve played now. Love me some corn hole though.

I will play when I see it. It is basically cornhole before cornhole. It is fun. Clanging iron is always a delightful sound.

Back