Honor Those Who Serve and Best Military Golf Courses

Rummpd

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Honor all who serve which as a retired Army Doc I do as well in a current role at the VA

Among Best Military Courses I have played

Ft. Ord - believe closed now?
Ft. Gordon near Augusta spectacular
Shaw AFB
Ft. Sam Houston’s two courses
US Navy Academy
Ft. McClellan, Al now closed (was club champ there)
Ramstein AFB and course in Heidelberg that may be closed
Courses at combined base in Tacoma, WA
Andrews AFB - 3 courses
Course that used to be at Presidio
Courses in Hawaii

There are many more and all at great prices.

Again thanks all that served or are serving or support as family members.

PDR USA Army Medical Corps Ret.

Honor all who serve which as a retired Army Doc I do as well in a current role at the VA

Among Best Military Courses I have played

Ft. Ord - believe closed now?
Ft. Gordon near Augusta spectacular
Shaw AFB
Ft. Sam Houston’s two courses
US Navy Academy
Ft. McClellan, Al now closed (was club champ there)
Ramstein AFB and course in Heidelberg that may be closed
Courses at combined base in Tacoma, WA
Andrews AFB - 3 courses
Course that used to be at Presidio
Courses in Hawaii

There are many more and all at great prices.

Again thanks all that served or are serving or support as family members.

PDR USA Army Medical Corps Ret.
Yes thank you to all who are serving now or who have before! Excellent list @Rummpd thanks. I've played a few of those and agree 100%. (Shaw(y), both Ft Sam(y) (should look into courses on Lackland and Randolph too if in SA TX) Joint Base McChord (Tacoma)(y) and the Andrews tracks(y). One of my all time military favs is now closed as I understand, the course on Vandenberg AFB (CA). Also both 18 hole layouts at Wright-Patt (OH) are challenging yet very different, the 9 holer not so much. I really enjoyed the base course on Hill AFB (UT) too and then four close together on the FL panhandle, the Eagle and Falcon on Eglin, Gator Lakes on Hurlburt, and the AC Read courses at Pensacola NAS

I have played the Dayton courses and love them and used to play a fun money game there. Thanks your service!

West Point Golf Course is fun!

I've played Andrew's AFB south, it was excellent

also really liked the two courses at the Air Force Academy

I have played all the Andews Courses, also the one up at McCord AFB in tacoma. Eglin in Fort alton Beach Florida is nice, Kadena in Okinawa and also the old course, no longer open Awase on Okinawa was a jewel. Now the new course over there is called Taiyo.....nice AND tight. The course at Wright Patterson is nice and they have an executive 9 also.

Yes thank you to all who are serving now or who have before! Excellent list @Rummpd thanks. I've played a few of those and agree 100%. (Shaw(y), both Ft Sam(y) (should look into courses on Lackland and Randolph too if in SA TX) Joint Base McChord (Tacoma)(y) and the Andrews tracks(y). One of my all time military favs is now closed as I understand, the course on Vandenberg AFB (CA). Also both 18 hole layouts at Wright-Patt (OH) are challenging yet very different, the 9 holer not so much. I really enjoyed the base course on Hill AFB (UT) too and then four close together on the FL panhandle, the Eagle and Falcon on Eglin, Gator Lakes on Hurlburt, and the AC Read courses at Pensacola NAS

Gator Lakes is an Awesome layout and some damn big gators...

No longer than there but played the golf course

At Marine Air Station El Toro, played it as a kid and was always fun playing down there and being on base

The Legends Golf Course at Parris Island was very cool. I would play there any time if given the choice.

Little Creek Base (Eagle Haven) is my all time military golf course.

The most interesting military golf course I have played is in Naples Italy. (Carney Park) It's located in the mouth of a old volcano and is part of a huge Navy recreational facility.

Monte_Gauro_-_la_caldera_occupata_dal__Carney_Park__-_Pozzuoli_(NA)_-_2000.jpg

Wow! My buddy was in the Air Force Reserve, and when his unit would be called up for Summer duty and sent to a base, the full-timers there would tell them not to touch anything, don't move anything, don't screw anything up! They had their routine, and they didn't want anyone else screwing it up! This is called "preparedness"!

Wow! My buddy was in the Air Force Reserve, and when his unit would be called up for Summer duty and sent to a base, the full-timers there would tell them not to touch anything, don't move anything, don't screw anything up! They had their routine, and they didn't want anyone else screwing it up! This is called "preparedness"!
?wut? I'm genuinely confused here so I won't assume the intent of this post. But if it's to imply your buddies unit couldn't access the base golf course, I'd be very surprised. Worse, if it was to imply that we shouldn't honor those who served, I couldn't disagree more strongly.

Have played many fun military courses. Black knight and Bayonet at Ft Ord. presideo in SF. Both AFA courses. Admiral Baker in San Diego. Hickum in HI. All of the mi.Italy courses in San Antonio. I remember the panhandle course in Florida. Back in late 70s first time I’d seen a gator on a course. Think my ball might still be sitting next that big sucker. Lol.

How I’d love to go back and play some of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Retired Air Force here. Played many of the courses others have listed here. I actually learned to play golf at Minot AFB ND. We had a very nice little 9 hole course with 2 sets of tees. In the summer time you could start at 5 pm and get 18 in real easy! All of the military courses in Hawaii were great! I played on the base golf team while stationed in England (RAF Chicksands) and got to play some real cool courses around the UK!

I used to be a member at Gordon Lakes. It's a fun course.

Conditions bounce between solid and needs work. Having 3 9s helps mix things up with one of the 9s being very different from the other 2.

The Presidio course was fabulous!

Retired Air Force here. Played many of the courses others have listed here. I actually learned to play golf at Minot AFB ND. We had a very nice little 9 hole course with 2 sets of tees. In the summer time you could start at 5 pm and get 18 in real easy! All of the military courses in Hawaii were great! I played on the base golf team while stationed in England (RAF Chicksands) and got to play some real cool courses around the UK!

Very cool. I really liked the views at Moose Run golf course at Elmendorf AFB

Never got to play at Elmendorf. Did you play in the midnight golf tourney there? I heard about it. BTW, I am originally from the LaCrosse area....

My daughter was stationed there so I visited and played it once!

I live in River Falls now

No longer than there but played the golf course

At Marine Air Station El Toro, played it as a kid and was always fun playing down there and being on base
I used to play El Toro a lot when I was in the Navy reserves. It was a bit rough, but fun. I also liked March AFB (General Old) golf course.

The Presidio. Played a few all military tournaments there in the late 80’s. That rough was deep. Beautiful course tho.....

Bro and Dad.jpg

My father (left) and his 5 brothers and sister served in WWII. And my brother served 3 Tours in Vietnam. Two of my uncles were shot down twice and with the help of the Resistance, made their way back to England and flew missions again :oops::oops:

If you get the chance, AC Read at NAS Pensacola is a very, very nice course. Rheinblick, the course that was/is part of USAG Wiesbaden in Germany is very nice but so tucked into the trees that it can be very expensive if your swing is off.

Also, pour one out for the 36 holes that got turned into parking lots at Ft. Meade in 2012. It wasn't great, but with how expensive golf is in that area, it really was the only viable option. Part of why I would rather not move back up there.

Back