Hole In One Leads to Arrest

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Police matched a photo of Robert Moore celebrating his hole-in-one to surveillance footage showing the suspect in the killing of an 87-year-old man.

Last Thursday, a golf victory led to the arrest of 75-year-old Robert Moore. Moore is charged with aggravated manslaughter of an elderly person in connection to the death of an 87-year-old who was beaten and later died in the Villages.

After the beating, a detective was able to determine Robert Moore's identity through a photo that was posted in local outlet the Villages-News, celebrating a hole-in-one, according to an affidavit for his arrest.

Moore is accused of beating Dean William Zook in the parking lot of the Glenview Country Club on June 28. Police records show that Zook backed into a vehicle, which Moore mistakenly believed to be his car.

Moore then allegedly began punching Zook in his face and head, injuries that later led to his death. After realizing the damaged car was not his car, Moore left the parking lot.
Zook's wife told police that she saw Moore go back inside -- surveillance footage showed that he had indeed returned to the country club and purchased food to-go. Police were able to obtain the credit card number used to pay for the takeout food and find Moore's name.

He was arrested and booked into the Sumter County Detention Center.

Ooooops.

4972FC2C-2D4C-46FB-8A59-46E802CEB1FA.gif

Florida people rule (said facetiously). :rolleyes: This cracked me up, sorry Florida peeps (I kid, I kid).

1691251172278.png

• Eye Roll
Reactions: JB
This is so nuts. I had a similar situation happen at a course (but it was actually my car). Was hitting balls before a round and my buddy noticed someone backed into my car. Damage wasn't terrible but obviously not a great start to the day/round and the guy was apologetic and gave me his insurance. I was obviously hot about it but I couldn't imagine lighting someone up over it.

Some people are full blown crazy and glad they caught this guy.

So the Guy beats up someone unconscious then he walks in to get a bite to eat. What an Animal

So the Guy beats up someone unconscious then he walks in to get a bite to eat. What an Animal

Exactly my thoughts as well. Who does that????

Like in most cases, he isn't actually from Florida, just another transplant. Originally from Idaho.
So Florida attracts these idiots? :ROFLMAO:

I saw this on my news feed but the article it linked to was behind a paywall. Wow. That’s pretty wild even for Florida Man standards.

Aggravated manslaughter?? What BS. Beats the guy, leaves him lying there, then goes back into the club house to get food to go?

I did a double take when I read a 75 year old beat to death an 87 year old, but I guess that’s because people are long gone from New York by that age.

Aggravated manslaughter?? What BS. Beats the guy, leaves him lying there, then goes back into the club house to get food to go?

It carries a possible 30 year sentence. It’s a first degree felony in Florida. Because the victim was elderly, it is a more serious offense.

Not an animal. They don't do sh!t like that. It's what humans do.
People would say he's Crazy, now he has an Out in Court. I prefer Animal, we put Animals down. No temp Insanity plee.

Kids these days. Hopefully this guy rots.

Sounds like a good guy. I wonder if he will buy his cell mates a round of prison wine to celebrate his HOI.

keep seeing stuff like this more and more.
Punching someone because they backed into your car seems a bit excessive to me.

As someone who works in a prison I can inform you it's not as terrible as you all hope.
Hopefully this guy gets dealt with by the inmates!!

What a bizarre story. Glad they caught the guy, he sure didn't make it difficult for them to figure out who he was.

This exact reason is why I am never photographed after hole in one’s.

This story is just crazy!

Back