High School Football

THAT is the prime example of "You don't know what we know, you don't do what we do" right there. The other that makes me laugh is parents running the your teams and running no-huddle spread when the HS in their town do NONE of that and NEVER will. Youth football can be good, but it can be a joke too, when I have kids they won't play football until middle school.

There was a team here a few years ago, out in Mesquite, TX I believe it was, every kid on their OL was over 300 pounds. What matters is the size of the fight in the dog. The coaches at the middle school here will say the same thing, youth leagues just teach kids a bunch of bad habits that they have to correct.

Here's my local team. http://www.forthillfootball.net

The boys are not big weight wise but boy do they have some swagger. Very disciplined and fundamentals are pounded into them. Love their tradition. It's a 1A school and has roughly 550 students for grade 9-12.

Big arse 1A. We are 1A and have 182 kids in 7-12.
Here's my local team. http://www.forthillfootball.net

The boys are not big weight wise but boy do they have some swagger. Very disciplined and fundamentals are pounded into them. Love their tradition. It's a 1A school and has roughly 550 students for grade 9-12.

48-14, had the second string in after the first quarter, and the JV in the second half. 4-1.

FH played a big team in Pittsburgh. They played Allderdice. Final score was 27-9. The boys from Pitt were big. FH jumped on top 14-0 before Allderdice controlled the 2nd quarter. FH came out and controlled the 3rd putting 2 more Td's on the board. Allderdice scored with 45 left in the 4th.

Funny note: Allderdice is home to Whiz Khalifa or however you spell it. He sings the burg song black and yellow.

Our varsity team played their homecoming game friday night at home. It was a big game for us. At Half it was 13-0 Dawgs. At the end of the 3rd it was 13-12 Dawgs. Then It went 20-13 Tigers.....With 30 seconds to go we scored a TD, and then missed the XP, and didn't get the onside kick. Final Score, Dawgs lose 20-19. First loss of the season for us.....

EDIT: and, mind you, this was all going on while the huge high school and every parking lot was full of people watching this game in the driving, windy, sideways rain and mud. Game ended around 10pm and it was POURING...

Our varsity team played their homecoming game friday night at home. It was a big game for us. At Half it was 13-0 Dawgs. At the end of the 3rd it was 13-12 Dawgs. Then It went 20-13 Tigers.....With 30 seconds to go we scored a TD, and then missed the XP, and didn't get the onside kick. Final Score, Dawgs lose 20-19. First loss of the season for us.....

EDIT: and, mind you, this was all going on while the huge high school and every parking lot was full of people watching this game in the driving, windy, sideways rain and mud. Game ended around 10pm and it was POURING...

Sounds like a hard fought game. Those conditions really makes it an even game even when you have the better team.

It's been a while. We are currently 6-2 with two games to play. Have a chance to go 8-2 regular season. It has been a LONG time since that happened here. We are in the playoffs now, so there will be at least 3 more games to my senior year.

7-3. Finished off with a solid win, but now we have the playoffs. Playing a VERY good team next week.

7-3. Finished off with a solid win, but now we have the playoffs. Playing a VERY good team next week.

Congrats on a solid senior year, good luck in the playoffs JR.

Nice job JR. Good luck in the playoffs!

Nice job JR. Good luck in the playoffs!

Congrats JR! Our team just won their 1st playoff game 52-14. They play a top ranked private school tonite in the snow....I wish I could get this friggin picture to work JR you would love it. It's our team having practice out on the field in the blinding snow storm! hehe!

LOL! We had several practices this week in the 70s and 80s.
Congrats JR! Our team just won their 1st playoff game 52-14. They play a top ranked private school tonite in the snow....I wish I could get this friggin picture to work JR you would love it. It's our team having practice out on the field in the blinding snow storm! hehe!

football%20102711.jpg

Here is the pic I was trying to get to work!

Good luck in the playoffs - this weekend right ?

Back