Hi From Victoria... Again.

BigCountryStein

Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 1.1
I think this is my 3rd time checking in, but I'm seeing a lot of new faces/names, so I wanna reintroduce myself.

I'm Sawyer, 20, from Victoria BC Canada on Vancouver Island.

I've been a member for a long time and been active on and off, super active, to not posting in a month.

Working 3 jobs makes it tough, but I do what I can. I work at a private club in Victoria in the backshop and proshop, I bus tables at a restraunt in the heart of downtown and I also referee high school volleyball sometimes.

I've golfed ever since I was a little kid. When I was 13 I won my first tournament. When I was 14 I won my first Jr. club championship by 14 shots. I never truly focused on golf until now and hope to play at the University level in 2016, and possibly beyond that level when I'm done my BA.

I love to practice. I use tons of different drills to keep it fresh and exciting whether I'm on the range or the putting green. I usually hit 600+ balls a week in the Winter and 1200+ per week in the Summer.

I love vodka and craft beers, all sports (including fantasy), and I am obsessed with golf and golf equipment.

I hope to make it out to a THP event soon. I really want to play with some more THP'ers, since every time I've had a THP experience (from hitting balls together or just messaging back and forth) it has been awesome. The community here is something special and has been for the years I started reading. I hope to meet a ton of you soon!

You can follow me on Instagram at
- @sawyersteingolf

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Welcome back!

Good to meet you again.
Hope you get to make it to a THP Event soon.

Welcome back Sawyer. I have no doubt that we'll get to tee it up one of these days.

Hello

how long is your guys season there? Impressive to have such a low handicap with the weather you guys have

vodka/ craft beers and only 20 ?

Welcome back!

welcome back again

Hello

how long is your guys season there? Impressive to have such a low handicap with the weather you guys have

The legal drinking age in Canada is different than it is in the US.
And the weather in Victoria is quite good.

Let me reintroduce myself too, Hi I'm DawgDaddy.

The above scenario happens to me all the time now that I am pushing 70 real hard, lol.

Welcome back, and yeah we'll try and tee it up this coming year

Welcome back.

Welcome back Sawyer!

Welcome back to THP Sawyer!

Welcome back...

I've been to Victoria, BC. Beautiful island.

Welcome back. Lots of us BC peeps in here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello again!!!

Welcome back and thanks for the reintro. Good luck in your golf pursuit in college.

Hello

Like JB said, our legal age limit is younger here. In some provinces it is 18, in my case it is 19.

A friend of mine owns a brewery and really got me in to it, I find it really interesting.

And the weather here lets us play year round. It is just a little muddy/wet at certain courses in the Winter.

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Welcome back Sawyer. I have no doubt that we'll get to tee it up one of these days.
This definitely needs to happen.

Like JB said, our legal age limit is younger here. In some provinces it is 18, in my case it is 19.

A friend of mine owns a brewery and really got me in to it, I find it really interesting.

And the weather here lets us play year round. It is just a little muddy/wet at certain courses in the Winter.

What is the competition like up there ? Are all the juniors trying to get in colleges in the states? Or are the college golf programs strong up there too?

What is the competition like up there ? Are all the juniors trying to get in colleges in the states? Or are the college golf programs strong up there too?
Competition is tough. There are a lot of golfers around here, and in BC as well. Qualifying for our "state am" (provincial) takes 2 good scores. Close to 150, and then the tournament itself is around even or even a couple under to make the cut, depending on the course.

We have strong college programs but also a ton of Juniors with lots of AJGA stars and good finishes looking for full rides in the US. We play US teams, just not in the NCAA. The way we run our college athletics up here and the laws behind it doesn't allow the school to give as many athletes full rides as schools down south, just large percentages of tuition and nothing else. Coming from up here usually means you need a talent scout and he digs in to a cut of that money, so golfers usually try for a Div II team and get a full ride. A BC player that is a great example of how good Div 2 golf is, is Adam Svennson.

Welcome back!

Welcome back? Didn't know you left ! ;)

Welcome back Sawyer,hope to tee it up with you at Olympic view in 2016

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Back