Henrik Stenson is left handed?

Parshooter36

Reaction score
Handicap
I just finished watching a recap of Stenson's Fedex Cup win on GC, and noticed him signing autographs left handed. I know Phil is right handed, are there other tour pros playing opposite handed? Or any THPers? I can swing a baseball bat left handed, but couldn't swing a golf club left handed at all!

Ayup. Left handed, shoot right. The switch isn't uncommon up here, I think it's the hockey influence. My men's night partner is a right hander who hits left.

I"m left handed but play right handed.

hmmm...pretty interesting, I did not know that

I'm a lefty that plays righty as well, although I can hit a ball pretty well from both sides. I occasionally carry a left handed wedge should i end up cozied next to a tree. Was a switch hitter when i played baseball

Much more common than Phil's way.

I'm a lefty that plays righty as well.

I prefer having equipment choices, so its worked out thus far. :alien:

I didn't know this about Stenson, pretty impressive if you ask me.

My buddy is a PGA apprentice and plays golf right handed but pitched lefty on his college baseball team.

Is it something to do with equipment availability?

Only thing I do lefty is hockey.

Interesting I didn't know that. I have considered trying to learn right handed sometimes. I've been toying with putting right handed for kicks, but don't know that it would be worth starting over at this point.

Yup I'm a left hander but right with the clubs, in fact all I can do with the left is write.

Strange thing a few weeks ago, I was playing a round with a friend who had brought his brother in law. This guy had dislocated his shoulder a few times in the past and had a problem with the driver down to something like an 8 iron. He is right handed, but because of his problem he taught himself to play as a lefty with those clubs and then from 9 iron to putter it was righty all day long. Its the most bizarre thing I've seen on a course from any player.

He had a great round too, easily breaking 90 that day.

I'm also a lefty who golfs right handed. My first set of clubs was a hand me down set from my uncle, they were right handed so that's how I learned to swing.

I am a lefty and play righty. I'm all kinds of screwed up. Play golf and baseball righty, shoot pool lefty, kick lefty, shoot basketball lefty, tennis lefty, and the list goes on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I'm left eye dom. & play right. . Does that count :cool:

tappin from my big as note2

Ayup. Left handed, shoot right. The switch isn't uncommon up here, I think it's the hockey influence. My men's night partner is a right hander who hits left.

Strong hand on the top, preferred by many.

Golf left, bat left, shoot left in hockey. Tennis, bowling, ball throwing of a any sort, I am right handed, though. I write with my right hand. I kick with my right foot.

I'm like phil, right handed and play golf left handed

I'm also a lefty who golfs right handed. My first set of clubs was a hand me down set from my uncle, they were right handed so that's how I learned to swing.

Pretty much the same for me, except mine were handed down from my dad

There's a lot of people that say your dominant hand/side should be the lead in the swing. Makes sense but I could never swap to playing left handed at my age and after playing for so long.

I throw a ball right handed and shoot pool right handed. Everything else is lefty.

I'm left-handed, golf right-handed. Was a switch-hitter in baseball after my baseball idol Chipper. Just feels more natural playing golf righty.

Strong hand on the top, preferred by many.

Could be. Wasn't a conscious choice on my part, more because I played right wing as a tot...and we had a set of right handed clubs, so those were what I started with.
Same deal for my father, who was exceedingly lefty. Throw, bowl, write lefty...but his first set of clubs were hand-me-down rightys.

He regularly shot in the 70s somehow. Hard to imagine, give him a right-handed power tool and you could hear Yakkety Sax in the background.

Back