Chunkylover77

Proud JakeNation Member
Reaction score
Handicap
I often look to Jerry McGuire for sage advice. So his famous line guided me in making this thread. There was a facebook post that bothered me a few weeks back. Basically it was a woman who said that the reviews here stunk. I've been thinking about it a lot. I've also noticed that there have been quite a few women who have been here one day and vanished the next.

I've been very lucky to have testing opportunities on this site. It's something I take very seriously. I want to do the testings to the best of my ability. However if my reviews don't help a segment of golfers, than I am doing something wrong.

I would like to see if the women of this site can give us guys any advice as to what they would like to see in reviews. Maybe it's not something that can be done by me but maybe it is. If it is I would be more than happy to do it.

If this is in someway inappropriate obviously just delete it.

Do you think it was specific to the lack of women reviews or women equipment reviews? Or more specific to just reviews in general, gender not mattering?

Tappin' from my iPad!

CL, that was one person's opinion, and I think it was misguided at best. Think of all the folks who find the reviews on THP helpful! :)

Do you think it was specific to the lack of women reviews or women equipment reviews? Or more specific to just reviews in general, gender not mattering?

Tappin' from my iPad!

Would have to wonder what kind of information she would have wanted to see in a review?

I'm no woman but mate its the lack of women reviewing items? I would like to think everyone does a great job(see KB in the Adams testing) I just think you can't please everyone.

Cant make everybody happy dude, who cares if a few dont like it or find it helpful, the good out ways the bad IMO.

I think you do a great job on reviews, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I think most testers here would love to get ideas on what else to test and cover in their reviews, especially after the first couple weeks with a product.

If someone is upset or feel a review is lacking, then all they have to do is ask. If it's women exclusively that are upset, I don't know why unless they just want to see more women reviewing products.... in which case they should sign up like everybody else.

You do a lot of good here, and as everyone has been saying, you can't please everyone. Your review of the Di11 irons has made me so close to pulling the trigger on them - awesome stuff, man. Meticulous, well-written, and very informative. Can't ask for much more!

Maybe her boyfriend joined the site just to get some free stuff and run, and when he didn't get chosen for a testing he cried and since she wears the pants in the relationship she tried to stick up for him by bashing THP

Maybe her boyfriend joined the site just to get some free stuff and run, and when he didn't get chosen for a testing he cried and since she wears the pants in the relationship she tried to stick up for him by bashing THP

haha that made me lol. I wouldnt doubt it. Either that or she or her BF is a WRX DBag lol.

I don't know how you could do your reviews any better than to tell how they work for your game. That's crazy.

CL, like the good folks have been telling you, your reviews ROCK !!

I personally think that it's very admirable of you to want to make sure you are doing all that you can to cover the entire population of golfers that come to THP for the reviews.

Good on ya Mate !

I will strive to make my reviews as through, unbiased, informative and entertaining as yours.

Thanks for the inspiration.

One person said the reviews here stink, it so happens that it is a female who stated this so I don't think it reflects the opinions of other women any more than had the reviewer been a male and then thinking it was a reflection of all male opinions. She obviously had a bone to pick and spouted her negativity. I promise if anyone here is not doing their reviews up to standards set out they know it, either through lack of comments on their reviews or a PM from a THP buddy, in some way they know it. I guarantee you don't have any worries that you don't do your job when you are reviewing products. I say don't fret on it at all, just keep up the great work.

Hey your reviews are always clear and concise! I got the best golf bag I could get because I tuned into THP, also made some great friends on here. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Well, personally when Chunky isn't "cutting the mustard" with his review, I just ask the question in order to get the answer I desire. You know I'm joking Chunky.... So far I have never asked a question either directly to a tester or simply in general which has not been answered by multiple THPers within minutes from all different points of view. Heck, that's the whole reason I stayed here. Obviously I don't know what this lady was saying in general, but I really don't think I need to. If she read a review on a product and felt it lacked, I'm totally shocked that somewhere in the thread she MUST have noticed others asking questions and getting responses. She must have done a total One-T skim job.

ChunkyLover77...I think you've done an outstanding job with transferring the information to us in your reviews. You're very informative, well spoken, well thought out... you've already "helped me"!

Obviously not a chick here, but I think you do a fantastic job of reviewing as do most (read 99 %) of the testers on this website. As has been stated before, you will never please everyone. Dr. Seuss said it best - "The people who mind don't matter, and the people who matter don't mind"

Chunky, I wouldn't let the opinions of one person bother you. I think you do a great job with your reviews and I think we have great reviewers in all of the testing threads. Maybe she just didnt get what she wanted, who knows? But with a general statement like that you just have to let it go and do the best job you can.

CL, awesome this bothers you man. Bothers me too as I want everyone who reads our reviews/tests to at least respect the process.

Now I feel stupid for having made the thread. I was just hoping to get ideas for our reviews to maybe help some people. I truly appreciate the kind words everyone but it was not the point of the post.

Now I feel stupid for having made the thread. I was just hoping to get ideas for our reviews to maybe help some people. I truly appreciate the kind words everyone but it was not the point of the post.

Folks that think the reviews here suck are misguided for sure. It could be that she just wanted to see more reviews from the female perspective. The issue at hand is that the reviewers can't fix what they don't know is broken.

If readers want specific info... Ask a specific question! Can't please everyone is true, but it's impossible to please anyone if they don't ask.

Chunk I think it's a good thread! Our reviews are great but geared toward men. Now her statement could have just been an emotional outburst or just her way of say 'your review doesn't fit her'.
I don't know how to make our reviews more geared toward women. Get more female golfers to join and start testing more women's equipment. Ask GG to review more women's items, in addition to the million other things she does.
I don't think you need to place too much stock in her statement but it does bring up a good point, women's club reviews. I don't know the logistics behind it but I'm sure someone with a better understanding of that market does. Either way our reviews on THP are better than good.

Great thread Chunky, and it's never a stupid question to ask how you can help more.

Do we think THP as a whole has a lack of female members? I know GG does a great job of covering the ladies equipment when the opportunity arises. Do we need to go out of our way to appeal to the female golfing community more?

I often look to Jerry McGuire for sage advice. So his famous line guided me in making this thread. There was a facebook post that bothered me a few weeks back. Basically it was a woman who said that the reviews here stunk. I've been thinking about it a lot. I've also noticed that there have been quite a few women who have been here one day and vanished the next.

I've been very lucky to have testing opportunities on this site. It's something I take very seriously. I want to do the testings to the best of my ability. However if my reviews don't help a segment of golfers, than I am doing something wrong.

I would like to see if the women of this site can give us guys any advice as to what they would like to see in reviews. Maybe it's not something that can be done by me but maybe it is. If it is I would be more than happy to do it.

If this is in someway inappropriate obviously just delete it.

I get the point of the initial post...but I didn't realize there was a different method of relaying your findings with regards to a product to the female viewer/reader. I mean, descriptions of the club, club head, shaft, grip, etc. are the same for both men and women in my opinion.

You guys have been more than thorough with the reviews over in the VR Pro Combos. You have a great selection of both video and written reviews. Why someone might say "their reviews suck" tells me either she skimmed through something and didn't find exactly what she was looking for and chose not to ask the question...or she's upset about something else all together. I wouldn't say that the THP reviews are perfect (we're all just regular folks), but I think there have been great strides made recently to enhance the process and help be more uniformed.

I know it's a huge number of members that have said they came to THP while searching for something, found exactly what they needed, and stuck around to see the rest.

I appreciate what you're doing, NO it's not stupid...and from what I've little I've learned about your character since joining...it doesn't surprise me a bit that you care and would try to improve upon this.

I did see that post on fb and I commented on it. I think the reviews here are great I don't know how someone can say they think the reviews here are not good... I think it's a case of you can't please everyone and for every 1 that doesn't like a review there is probably 100 that do.

Dont feel stupid Chunky, it just shows the kind of tester/person you are wanting to help as many people as possible. Like everybody has said its impossible to please every single person that reads the review but again they help a lot more people than not.

Back