Hello from Iowa, land of the Hawkeyes!

McRock

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello all.

As many of the other check-in posts say, I came across this site looking for info on new clubs. I've gotta say, I'm impressed with the forum community and the amount of activity. It says a lot that I'm joining because this is the first forum I've joined in at least 5 years (I was in college the last time I actually posted on forums).

I live in Iowa. I'm a golfer primarily, but moonlight as an attorney. Although, if you were paying attention to how many hours I spend at each, as well as my skill level, you would probably think it's the other way around.

My local course is a 9 hole par 31, is full of crab grass, and is overall depressing. Thankfully, one of the best public courses in Iowa is only 40 minutes away, yet I've never played it. I'm not sure what my handicap is, but I typically play a little better than bogey.

Anyways, hello to you all, and hopefully I can add a little to this community.

welcome!

:welcome:

Welcome to THP.

Howdy. Welcome to the wonderful world of THP. I'm a fellow Iowa resident in Fort Dodge.

Welcome and love the avatar pic

Welcome to THP. The 5 year drought it over.

Welcome to THP, glad you decided to join the community.

Welcome to the site!

Welcome to THP! I was an Iowegian for a couple of years as a kid.

"is this heaven?"
"No, it's Iowa."

Im a Sioux City native. Welcome.

Welcome to THP!

Hello and :welcome:

Welcome and enjoy!

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I'm south central Iowa to be exact.

"is this heaven?"
"No, it's Iowa."

I don't think I've enjoyed any Iowa motto for the past 10 years. But at least it doesn't reference corn fields.

I think I'd rather have the corn field reference than hog farms (Iowa is #1 pork producer).

Welcome to THP. I hear you about the corn, I'm one state over and we have plenty.

Yes, I suppose it could be worse. It could be "Welcome to Iowa, excuse the smell and watch your step."

thedue - welcome to the BigTen

Welcome! I'm not far from you. Across the river from Davenport.

Tapatalk keeps me sane.

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome to THP McRock !

Nice to meet you

Welcome to THP McRock, I was born and raised in Sioux City. Lived there til I was 21 and got smart and moved!

Welcome to THP McRock, I was born and raised in Sioux City. Lived there til I was 21 and got smart and moved! Which part of Iowa are you from?

South central Iowa. It's a tiny town, but I'm about an hour straight south of Des Moines.

:welcome:

Back