Heisman Prediction

cwill

Reaction score
Handicap
There has been some discussion in the College Football thread, but with a little over an hour until the announcement, what is everyone's prediction for the Heisman tonight?

Mark Ingram
Toby Gerhart
Ndamukong Suh
Colt McCoy
Tim Tebow

Colt McCoy

I'm rooting for Ndamukong Suh. It isn't often that a lineman gets this much on an honor.

Silly girl question here: Is the Heisman Trophy something similar to the Stanley Cup where it gets rotated every year, or is this something you can actually keep?

I'm rooting for Colt McCoy :)

I would like to see Toby Gerhart win.

I think Ingram will win.

Silly girl question here: Is the Heisman Trophy something similar to the Stanley Cup where it gets rotated every year, or is this something you can actually keep?

I'm rooting for Colt McCoy :)

I don't know, for sure. There may be an "official" trophy, but I am sure each winner gets his own trophy to keep too. (Seems there was some hubub over OJ's trophy).

Colt McCoy

Is that your pick or who you think will win? I'm curious and know we were discussing Suh earlier.

That is my pick to win. I think Toby should win, but he will not. His team has too many losses. McCoy should have won it last year or Tebow and they gave it to someone else because they did not want Tebow to win it twice in a row and McCoy did not win the conference.

This year McCoy is undefeated in one of the hardest conferences and put up better numbers at QB than Ingram did at RB for Alabama.

Im thinking Ingram. After Tebow's and McCoy's performances in their final games, I personally do not think it should even be a contest. I like Gerhart, he has had a great season, but I dont think he had the promotion of some of the others.

That is my pick to win. I think Toby should win, but he will not. His team has too many losses. McCoy should have won it last year or Tebow and they gave it to someone else because they did not want Tebow to win it twice in a row and McCoy did not win the conference.

This year McCoy is undefeated in one of the hardest conferences and put up better numbers at QB than Ingram did at RB for Alabama.

I hear ya. I think that Gerhart should win it as well but like i said before, not enough hype nor media attention. Even though his team had too many L's they were certainly a spoiler team this year

Im thinking Ingram. After Tebow's and McCoy's performances in their final games, I personally do not think it should even be a contest.

He was a beast. But his numbers this year were not that great in comparison to Heisman numbers.

He was a beast. But his numbers this year were not that great in comparison to Heisman numbers.

which one is a beast?

well, all of them all actually, but which one are you referring to? :p

Ingram.

Indeed he is. I recall the Auburn game. My dad, and my other golfing buddy, were watching the game that night, and one of the announcers said, "Ingram has to just go out there and win the game". The three of us poked at the announcer, saying how in the world can he take that on himself... Then he pretty much did just that, gaining over 100 yds in the second half alone.

As for stats, one of the most impressive stats imo, is the YAC. I think it shows just how good he really is.

Ingram

Booooooooooooooooo!

Alabama's first winner!! What a great guy!!

I really do think he won this based on a few games this year. They are the best team in the country (ranked) but Texas is undefeated too and you just cannot compare the RB numbers that Ingram has put up to the QB numbers that McCoy put up.

whether you think he should have won or not he handled himself with class. this kid impressed me and i'll be rooting for him in the coming years.

whether you think he should have won or not he handled himself with class. this kid impressed me and i'll be rooting for him in the coming years.

No question about it. He just made himself even more money. He seems like a great guy.

Being in the South, I have seen a good bit about this guy, and yes, he is a great guy. Very genuine, very appreciative, and believe it or not was a GREAT golfer. I am very happy for him.

The deal sealer for Colt was his last game. Hard to vote for someone who just threw 0 touchdowns 3 interceptions in the conference championship game against Nebraska (then ranked 22 I believe?)

Being in the South, I have seen a good bit about this guy, and yes, he is a great guy. Very genuine, very appreciative, and believe it or not was a GREAT golfer. I am very happy for him.

The deal sealer for Colt was his last game. Hard to vote for someone who just threw 0 touchdowns 3 interceptions in the conference championship game against Nebraska (then ranked 22 I believe?)

I have to agree.....If the Auburn game would have been the last game we played, we would not be holding the Heisman now....

I do have to say though..There are 870 voters....It is not like there is a council of 6 where the data pool would be greatly diminished.

The stat they said on ESPN that interested me:
Ingram won all 3 regions that did NOT have a Heisman candidate....

Did having a number one ranked team going into the post season play a part: probably yes
Did beating the #1 team in the conference title play a part: probably yes
Do I still think they got it right: definately yes!!

Bring on the Longhorns

RTR......
Bama

So, I know this is completely anecdotal, but . . .

In 2005, Texas was ranked #2 and Vince Young lost the Heisman to a running back, Reggie Bush, who played for the #1 ranked team, USC, which was heavily favored to beat Texas in the National Championship game, which was played at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena.

Things that make you go hmmmmmmm . . . .

From a devout Auburn fan congratulations to Mark Ingram a young man with true class. Looking forward to seeing Alabama win in the Rose Bowl, ROLL TIDE!!

Back