I prefer heavier feeling clubs. I have steel shafts in my hybrids, a Nunchuk shaft in my 4w and the heaviest weights in my putter.

Although my driver has a light shaft in it now (63g), I have a Nunchuk and an 83g Whiteboard to try out in it. I prefer driver swing-weight at around D4.

This sounds like a Miller light commercial.

Tap,Tap,Tap

My Supertri is an E4

I'll tie a 300 lb rock to a stick and see if you hit that about the same....that's crazy dude! I've never even heard of and "E" swingweight actually in existance til now!

I owned the Superfast 2.0 for a little while (it was a great gift), but actually preferred the swingweight and feel of the heavier R11 better. I really think it smoothes my swing out. I hit the R11 a LOT better than the 2.0.

Swingweight is the dynamic difference between the weight of the head, vs the entire weight of the club. How the weight is distributed totally.

So if you have a super light shaft, and a normal weight head, the club is going to feel "head heavy"

But if you have a normal weight shaft, with a normal weighted head, although the total weight is higher, it wont feel as so when you swing it. The head will feel actually lighter because the total weight is distributed throughout the entire club, not just in the head.

Is this what we see in the Cleveland Mashie? Where it feels like it weighs more when in reality it weighs less, but the weight is just distributed differently?

For my swing, I cannot swing heavy clubs. I have to have light clubs or else my swing goes crazy bad. The lighter the better.

Back