Haywood Golf New MB

Gorgeous head. I love the milling. I could not successfully play them, but they sure are lookers.

these look great but i don't understand the price especially when they have been competing really well on price with other releases

Man! I would love to play an iron like that! Beautiful!

Good looking club, but at $195 a club that's a bit high.

Hey All!

Thank you for checking out our new CNC Iron. We really appreciate it!

We appreciate and understand a lot of the comments touching on price and they are definitely are more expensive than our other products.

The reality is they are very expensive to make. Each head has to sit in a CNC Machine for a long period of time just to create one head, let alone an entire set.
These will be on line with the new TaylorMade line of irons price wise and actually a standard version of these will be less overall than the new Callaway X-Forged CB Irons, except these are made very different and are not mass produced. We are also a very small brand compared to OEM's, and we are trying to do things that very few companies are able to offer. A 100% CNC Milled Iron is rare and honestly unheard of at this price point. The fact we are able to offer this type of product at a similar price to a new line of a standard made OEM is pretty cool!

If you have ever seen the iron brand 'Seven' with completely CNC milled heads, they are around $600USD per head. PXG has 100% milled wedges starting at $650USD just as a comparison.

We definitely have our main lines (signature irons, and Forged SignatureMB's and forged wedges) in the more affordable category (around $100USD a head)
We easily compete price wise against all DTC brands and more so against all OEM's, but with this particular iron, it is definitely on the more expensive side.

Hope this helps provide some insight and always happy to connect and chat with anyone who has questions about our brand.

Cheers,

Joshua Haywood

Hey All!

Thank you for checking out our new CNC Iron. We really appreciate it!

We appreciate and understand a lot of the comments touching on price and they are definitely are more expensive than our other products.

The reality is they are very expensive to make. Each head has to sit in a CNC Machine for a long period of time just to create one head, let alone an entire set.
These will be on line with the new TaylorMade line of irons price wise and actually a standard version of these will be less overall than the new Callaway X-Forged CB Irons, except these are made very different and are not mass produced. We are also a very small brand compared to OEM's, and we are trying to do things that very few companies are able to offer. A 100% CNC Milled Iron is rare and honestly unheard of at this price point. The fact we are able to offer this type of product at a similar price to a new line of a standard made OEM is pretty cool!

If you have ever seen the iron brand 'Seven' with completely CNC milled heads, they are around $600USD per head. PXG has 100% milled wedges starting at $650USD just as a comparison.

We definitely have our main lines (signature irons, and Forged SignatureMB's and forged wedges) in the more affordable category (around $100USD a head)
We easily compete price wise against all DTC brands and more so against all OEM's, but with this particular iron, it is definitely on the more expensive side.

Hope this helps provide some insight and always happy to connect and chat with anyone who has questions about our brand.

Cheers,

Joshua Haywood
Thanks for jumping in. Are these irons being milled from solid billets by you guys? Or, are they just finished by the milling process?

We have blocks (think the size of 2-3 golf ball boxes stacked on top of eachother size wise) that are forged and then once that block is ready, we put it into a CNC machine and the machine goes to work for hours just to produce one head. This is why they are more expensive than our standard clubs that we offer, yet still competitive against an new OEM brand's line time Callaway or Taylormade which are mass produced :)

Thanks for jumping in. Are these irons being milled from solid billets by you guys? Or, are they just finished by the milling process?

Is that shafted or head only?

We have blocks (think the size of 2-3 golf ball boxes stacked on top of eachother size wise) that are forged and then once that block is ready, we put it into a CNC machine and the machine goes to work for hours just to produce one head. This is why they are more expensive than our standard clubs that we offer, yet still competitive against an new OEM brand's line time Callaway or Taylormade which are mass produced :)
Do you guys do the forging?

I really like the shaping, very JDM to my eye. Is there some hand grinding as well or all CNC? also are they finished or raw?

We hire factories to do the forgings and the CNC milling for us.
There is zero grinding with this - it is 100% CNC Milled.

Again, we are only a small business at this stage - 2.5 years old :)
One day, we plan on having our own forging factory, milling machines etc and doing everything in North America.
Still have a number of years to get there, but it will happen.

One day, we plan on having our own forging factory, milling machines etc and doing everything in North America.

Chinese or Japanese? not that it matters really, just curious as I was into a JDM phase for a while and it is a pretty serious Business. Also finished or not? the picture appears to be raw, but pictures are deceiving.

Chinese Factory that is producing the forgings, like 95%+ of forged clubs in the market.
They are finished in the photo as a 'fog silver' which is plated and honestly one of the coolest looking finishes we've seen, but they can come raw on request during the order process as lead times are 60-75 days

$200/club start point oof

just because other companies charge out the duodenum for their blades doesn't make it any more palatable

@haywoodgolf
Thanks for jumping in and providing information. After all this is a really really good golf forum here at THP that enjoys anything golf related!

We understand it's not for everyone and that is alright. We wanted to make a really cool and amazing iron and the reality is that it is more expensive to make using this method, hence the higher cost.

You can always check out our Signature MB's that start at $799USD for 3-PW - https://haywoodgolf.com/products/haywoodmb-irons

$200/club start point oof

just because other companies charge out the duodenum for their blades doesn't make it any more palatable

Thanks for the insight. You mention the new X Forged being more expensive while being mass produced. I was fortunate enough to get an inside look at Callaway’s R&D department so I can attest to the engineering and resources that fuel their designs.

In terms of your irons, I can understand how the milling process isn’t cheap. But, on top of that, how much design input are you guys providing? For a smaller company, I’m just curious how the process goes when it comes to prototyping and testing designs

Oh definitely - their new iron is a great club - not knocking any OEM's as they make top quality products and I know R&D goes into them. The reality is they are a long standing brand with the resources required, where as we, the small business probably have to invest more % wise to create something new than an OEM and thats fine with us :) We are still a baby compared to any major OEM.

We designed these ourselves, with the assistance of other designers. We shared our vision with them, what we wanted to achieve and then went through many stages of revisions, proto testing, revisions again, proto testing again x 10 times over the past 12 months. It was a process for us to create these and once you see reviews on them, they will show they perform just as well as an major OEM, just like these rest of our products do :)

Thanks for the insight. You mention the new X Forged being more expensive while being mass produced. I was fortunate enough to get an inside look at Callaway’s R&D department so I can attest to the engineering and resources that fuel their designs.

In terms of your irons, I can understand how the milling process isn’t cheap. But, on top of that, how much design input are you guys providing? For a smaller company, I’m just curious how the process goes when it comes to prototyping and testing designs

once you see reviews on them, they will show they perform just as well as an major OEM, just like these rest of our products do :)

Happy to have our staff review them, as I assume that is what you meant since posted here.

Please feel free to send me a PM to coordinate.

Happy to have our staff review them, as I assume that is what you meant since posted here.

Love to see any Haywood irons in the hands of the THP review team, especially this new model.

Did y'all end up reviewing any Haywood irons?

Saw a guy with a bagful of these a few weeks back and got to take a few swings. Pretty sharp looking in person, the milling is well done and the finish looks great. Feel was pretty decent - I don't know if I'd tangle with a full set of blades but if their CB's feel similar I'd play them without question.

Back