Have you optimized your tee height to maximize your potential with driver?

Do you tee to a specific height every time?

• I pay a lot of attention to this and do it the same every time!

Votes: 55 60.4%
  • I sorta pay attention and try to tee it up the same each time.

Votes: 35 38.5%
  • I barely remember to bring tees and use randos I find laying around. No height consistency.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Different heights for different shots.

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
The tees I use have the collar so the height is constant. I have been experimenting with different heights on the ST+ and went a bit higher than I have had. I may try even higher still to see where that takes me.

The tees I use have the collar so the height is constant. I have been experimenting with different heights on the ST+ and went a bit higher than I have had. I may try even higher still to see where that takes me.
That's great! Have you been seeing different ball flights or different swing paths as you play around with the different heights?

I think a lot of people are misinterpreting this thread, or not watching the video at all. Which isn't great for a thread like this. It's not about teeing it up the same every time. It's about teeing it up to the RIGHT height to match your swing and launch conditions.

That's great! Have you been seeing different ball flights or different swing paths as you play around with the different heights?

I think a lot of people are misinterpreting this thread, or not watching the video at all. Which isn't great. It's not about teeing it up the same every time. It's about teeing it up to the RIGHT height to match your swing and launch conditions.
Not so much swing path but I believe the ball flight was a bit higher. I'll pay more attention on Sunday.

Coming down too steep is the problem though, not the tee height.
Who's got the answer to coming down steep? Because I'd love to tee it higher. I know I need to, but I consistently do this. I admit it.

I believe my driver tee height is optimized and consistent.
I haven’t used a tee with my other clubs for quite some time but will return to using them in 2024 for woods and hybrids. I don’t think it’ll take much time to determine a good height for those clubs.

Yes, I use Flex-Head tees. I use 3 different tees
  1. Normal driver,
  2. Stinger driver,
  3. Fairway wood, hybrid or iron

The amount of thpers I see at events that tee it too low is staggering
Napoleon Dynamite Hello GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

I truly appreciated the tip at the VC as it has helped me immensely since then. I need to figure out a type of tee, stick with it and become more uniform. Eliminate variables...

Using the online tool from Epoch has made this as simple as it can be for me. Usually when I am not making solid contact I'm getting lazy with tee height, and I pay the price.

Using the online tool from Epoch has made this as simple as it can be for me. Usually when I am not making solid contact I'm getting lazy with tee height, and I pay the price.
Oh interesting I didn’t know they had a tool I’ll check into it.

Oh interesting I didn’t know they had a tool I’ll check into it.
here you go

I don't struggle with tee height but putting it in crooked.
What's the catch to putting it in straight?

here you go

It seems to be recommending the same line no matter what driver I pick. I guess with standard sizes for most of them that makes sense.

It seems to be recommending the same line no matter what driver I pick. I guess with standard sizes for most of them that makes sense.
I’ve been playing a Callaway driver for a while with the same tees and it’s been the same. I’ve seen it change with the Triple D or LS models of drivers. also when you select the higher tee height it adjusts. It also changes when adding or taking away loft

This is mine for the Paradym X 9* -1/N
IMG_8449.jpeg

And here it is playing it standard at 9*
IMG_8450.jpeg

That was interesting. I always love Ian’s content. This isn’t something I’ve thought about before but am going to play around with tee heights the next time I practice.

I try to tee my golf ball at the same height every time. I was teeing it up too high. When I lowered it I think at the recommendation of someone that knew what they were talking about and not just some random player, I got better results and consistency.

I wonder: does tee height matter as much for a player who swings the driver slower than most (85 MPH)?

🤔
I would think it is more important for them. Less speed to make up the difference on misses. Just my guess though.

I've been trying to tee it higher since the thread @JB started about tee height being too low. It has a pretty big effect on my strike location, but took me a few range sessions to get over the fear of the pop-up. I was using Epochs and found that I could tee it up pretty consistently but I'm back to using plain old wood tees for the time being.

Not really optimizing at the moment, using below guide for myself. Testing a lot on the simulator this winter, exactly this topic.
Outdoors I am using following set of rules:

1. Tailwind - highest tee height
  2. Headwind and tight holes - lowest tee height - also in general best results seen with this (for me) regarding FIR
  3. Everything else - normal tee height, not the highest
I would really like to be able to interpret all the different spin numbers and smash as well as other values using the different tee heights

Who's got the answer to coming down steep? Because I'd love to tee it higher. I know I need to, but I consistently do this. I admit it.
Without seeing it, there’s only a few ways to do that. You’re either in front of the ball coming into impact, or you’re trying to hold onto your wrist angles too long.

It's part negative AoA and part set up. I used to have the same problem and this video helped me visualize my issues at address and helped me go from a negative Aoa to a positvie AoA. The other benefit is my spin issues were reduced greatly and by fixing this I gained distance from my tee shots moving less from left to right.

I have a spot on my finger that I use as a guage to ensure tees are exactly where I want them sometimes I will put a sharpie dot there to make it easier. I may move it up or down very slightly from that spot depening on wind.

Put the tee in the ground even with the top of the ball, put ball on tee. It works for me and it's consistent every time
Never thought of this, but that's a great idea!

Yes. I had to learn to put mine slightly lower with the Stealth2+ due to the shallower design vs my old driver that was deeper faced. Still teed up since i have around a +5 AoA with driver, but not as high as I used to have it. Try to put it to same line on the tee each time for consistency. One less variable in an already variable movement.

Back