Have you ever played a PGA tour rota golf course?

I play a few local clubs with historic connections. Country Club of Detroit, where Arnold Palmer won a US Amatuer title.
Oakland Hills, host of à few US Opens.
Detroit Golf Club, which just recently joined the rotation. All good courses....some better suited to my game than others.

Which one? How did you do? I was invited by a member to play the TPC River Highlands tomorrow morning in Cromwell, CT. The site of the Travelers Championship. This will be my third time playing it but not since 2010 and not outside of a scramble tournament. Par 70. Not sure which tees we are playing but likely the green(6146) or blue(6518). My goal is to break 85
That’s my favorite regular course on Tour. I want to play it some day. Enjoy.

I’ve played a couple that used to be on the rota. Firestone CC comes to mind. I’ve also played Oakland Hills, Pinehurst #2.

Torrey Pines North and South, thousands of times.

Have played numerous others in CA, AZ, OH, AL, GA and FL.

None on the current rota, but a few from the past:

Dove Mountain - hosted the WGC Accenture Match Play
Omni Tucson National - hosted the Chrysler Classic and Southern Arizona Open, hosted Champions Tour for the Cologuard Classic.
Starr Pass - hosted the Tucson Open
This plus. Ozark National and Poipu Bay.

I think that’s my complete list of former PGA Senior PGA stops.

I've played Doral (former PGA course), Sawgrass, the 3 courses at Disney that they used to host a tournament on, and the TPC in New Orleans where they play the Zurich.

Kiawah Ocean Course in 2021
Olympia Fields in 2019 (THP)
Dubsdread in 2017 (THP)

I think that's it

I have played a few that the pros play on:
TPC Sawgrass
Pebble Beach
Muirfield Village
East Lake
Kapalua Plantation
Torrey Pines
Tucson National (used to be a stop)
TPC Boston (no longer a stop)

I have played Pinehurst #2 as well plus a couple of Champions Tour sites.

Same as @Bryndom ,
Plantation course @ Kapalua .
Trade winds and greens @12-13 ..
Putters paradise lol
Very hard to keep eyes on ball when all those vistas fill your mind . Lovely place

Yes, PGA National in a THP Experience. I’ve played the Blue Monster at Doral (former Tour stop) several times.

I have played the same two courses. Don't remember what I short at Doral but had a 78 at PGA National. At a THP event and we only played the tips in the Bear Trap.

I mentioned TPC Sawgrass... but, I have also played Pine Needles (which has been used for the US Womens Open). To me, because of the severe Donald Ross mounded greens, Pine Needles is more difficult.

Spyglass Hill shot an 85
Pebble Beach 88.
Poppy Hills used to be on the rotation. Can’t remember what my lowest score is there. Mid 80’s probably.

I have played too many to mention. Many in GB&I as well as here. I'll share one story. Last year they had the GHO at Wethersfield I was a Marshall. After play Sunday with Tim Norris getting his only tour win ever and a few of us having some beverages. I had my clubs in back of my car. About 6 of us grabbed a club and walked onto the course. 9th hole par 3 gate near it. Kid was tending the gate. We were all in Marshall uniforms and I told the kid we were doing an inspection of the course. We played 9 10 11 and 8 as a circle on the Sunday of the final day of play of GHO prior to it going to TPC Riverhighlands.

Indeed I have. Bethpage Black a few times but most fun at TPC Boston and 3 days after the event had finished. It was the Deutscher Bank Championship and I think it was the year Charlie Hoffman won it. It was very strange playing with the stands still in place. Birdied the last hole, a par 5, duffed 3 shots to near the green and chipped in :D

Very nice course and I got to see how the other half live.

Pebble Beach - US Open and AT&T
Spyglass - AT&T
PGA National - Honda RIP
TPC Las Colinas - Byron Nelson
Annandale - Madison, MS - predecessors to Sanderson Farms
Country Club of Jackson - Jackson, MS - Sanderson Farms
TPC Southwind - FedEx St. Jude
Colonial CC Memphis - Danny Thomas
Tiger Point - Pensacola Open

I've played Riviera, Torrey Pines, and TPC SA several times. At the moment, my home course is Harbor Shores (regular host of the Senior PGA Championship.) I play that every other day.

Also Rancho Park (former LA Open,) and LACC (2023 US Open)

TPC Albuquerque while at an annual NACTT convention.

TPC Sawgrass, my in-laws bought a place on the course when it opened and another across the street from the beach.

Champion Trace, where the Barbasol was played the last few years.

Indeed I have. Bethpage Black a few times but most fun at TPC Boston and 3 days after the event had finished. It was the Deutscher Bank Championship and I think it was the year Charlie Hoffman won it. It was very strange playing with the stands still in place. Birdied the last hole, a par 5, duffed 3 shots to near the green and chipped in :D

Very nice course and I got to see how the other half live.
I really wanna get down and play black soon. How did you get your tee time?

I have played a few as you generally get a play day as a Walking scorer or Marshal. Colonial, TPC Sawgrass, Craig Ranch, TPC Las Colinas, Forrest Oaks in Greensboro, Muirfield in Columbus

I have played Torrey Pines South, Whistling Straights and Baltusrol Lower.

Baltusrol was 2 weeks ago and shot 74.....but i'm on a heater!

TPC Southwind several times - Fed Ex St. Jude.

Perdido Bay - Pensicola Open

Pinehurst 2.

Back