Have you ever jarred one on the fly, or even come really close?

BamBooBender

See-Moe
Reaction score
Handicap
My brain
I haven't yet, but have been a few inches off several times. The last was in Iowa this year at Coldwater. 104 out with a wedge, ball mark just a few inches from the cup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Have you ever jarred one on the fly, or even come really close?

I did.
Las Vegas, Paiute Snow Mtn, 14th,par 3. Hit my tee shot right, prob 25 yds. Second shot, thin lob wedge, goes right in the cup.
Funny thing about that shot - I had hit a HIO the day prior with the same guys, one of whom looks at me and says, "Really?"
I almost pee'd myself, I was laughing so hard!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Close
ad9089ff322c5f924e525af2cc7433e6.jpg

I've jarred three. One with a 9i, the other two with wedges.

I did at MC 2.0. Only about 15 yards or so I think, but it was uphill and I couldn't see it. But I heard it hit the stick and Jarret yelling that I jarred it!

Sad thing is if I had waited 15 seconds it would have been on video.

flopped one in from 20 yards (mickelson would be proud)

most recent round, shanked the tee shot on a 175 yard Par3, left with 135 to the hole from the rough, put a ball mark on the green less than 6 inches from the hole, saved par

I've jarred a few chips from not far off the green, those are always fun to do, especially if you hit it a bit to hard and KNOW it. So, you're thinking "oh crap I smoked that" and then it just finds the cup and stays in. Then you're all...."I TOTALLY meant to do that fellas!"

This was pretty close the other day from 104 out.
bf27caa0ccb0dd2a3659fa62635126d3.jpg

Closest I've been is when I destroyed the side of a cup at Boulder Creek with Canadan, Mikey, and Winchell.

Farthest I have jarred one was only from like 45 yards, hit the pin on a bunch, I love that sound.

I've holed several full shots but never 'jarred' one from any distance. I did fly one straight in out of a green side bunker once but it was only about a 30 footer.

Once, many years ago. 145 or so with an 8-iron. Straight in on the fly for an eagle. Bummer part it was a scramble tournament and we were not in the skins game.

Yes, from about 50 yards out.

Not yet,but I have come inches away a few times

I want to say I did, last year, 150 yard par 3, over water with a water fountain spraying in the air, 9th hole Dundee GC, Dundee ON. Ball was heading dead aim at the flag, looked like it hit very "near" the hole but bounced up hard right. Ball ended up about 12-14ft dead right of the pin (pin high), but there was absolutely NO ball marks anywhere near the pin or in line to the pin or inline from the tee to where the ball landed (wasn't flying that path anyway). Because of the water mist in the air it was bit fuzzy looking at the hole area on the green, we all only assumed it went in the cup and bounced out at 90 degrees......there was no damage/ball marks on the green around the cup either though and because of the mist effecting visibility, no one knows for sure.

*Que the X-files Music*

Cant recall knocking one in on the fly. i have hit the flagstick numerous times and even hitting the lip on the fly but never had one go in on the fly

Never have. Seen it few times, most recently at the Sony open from about 120 away, no ball mark nothing on the green. Straight hole only.

I've come very close but never jarred one. My HIO took two hops. Eagles and birdies are typically rolling when they go in.

Managed it once. Had a second shot into a par four from about 170yds and just chunked it 15 yds forward.

In a rage I just stepped up and hit it again straight away and caught it perfectly. Turned around to get my bag and heard a massive 'ting' sound behind me. Looked at my partner to see what it was and he just burst out laughing at my confusion. Made a hell of a mess of the hole.

I've taken a chunk out of the cup twice on par 3s but never had them stay in for a hole in one.

I'm the same as the OP. Ive come close but have never dropped one in.

Yes, actually a couple of times over 30 years of playing. Pretty low percentage!!!

I've never jarred one, but I have hit a couple of one-hop-and-in pitch shots. I love that sound…

have dropped one from 110 with an AW for eagle. still looking for a HIO though.

30y flop shot from the rough on a par 3 right in the jar. Plunk.

Back