Have you ditched the 60?

I ditched the 60° probably 10 years ago and been 58° since.

Nope, still have my 60* Full Toe I bought last year that I love. I wouldn't be opposed to dropping to a 58* but I use the 60* out of the sand and in limited approach situations anyway and would likely use a 58* the same way so the added loft works for me.

I've been thinking about dumping the 58° for that matter. If I had to hit 10 shots to, say, 80 yards, I'm generally going to be more consistent with half-swing 54° shots than full-swing lob wedges. Yes, there's flopportunities out there where the 58° really is the only viable option, but the more I focus on shooting lower scores the less often I reach for my lob wedge. And dropping a wedge (and going to something like a 46° PW, 52°-56° combo) would free the top of the bag up to have something between my 4 iron and my 5-wood.

I gave up the 60 for gapping purposes and have found the 58 to be much more useful for me. Probably won’t be in the market for anything over 58 in the future.

Come on now. You 58er’s know it’s just a loft-jacked 60 right?

Too early?

just kidding jk GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

🤣

Just the opposite. Went from Ping Glide 4 58 to Vokey 60 L Grind. It's a lot more workable than Glide. Kept 54 Glide for full, Fluffy lies and Traps.16996204452708251300677122865041.jpg

Ive carried a 60 off and on during my golfing life. Would normally just use the 56. My current setup is a 50/54/58 and if I'm feeling accomplished and the course is small greens I throw a 64 in the bag but hardly use it more for the playing partners to ask the why?? I'm not much into opening the face is the why by the way. I've also got a ping chipr that is in the bag most of the time. Kudos to anyone who does well opening up a wedge. I tend to skull them or hosel rocket those...

I need a 58/60 for those downhill lob shots just off the green.
I've gotten in a groove and hit a bunch of tricky shots that all landed on the green with the 60.

Until I hit the pin and the ball bounced into the rough just off the green. :oops:

I carry a 60* and contemplating putting my 64* back in too

I had a 60° way back and realized it was a mistake. I have had 56° and 50° ever since.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tried a 60 degree several years ago and it just was not my cup of tea so went back to 58 as my highest lofted wedge. I do have a 62 degree sitting around that I play around with from time to time but would never bag it for a round that meant anything to me.

I included a 60* when I upgraded my wedges several years back. It was when the OG Cleveland CBXs first came out and I bought 3 of them (48,54,60). It's the only time I've had a 60* I believe? For me it was a very playable and reliable club. I only went to 58* on each of my last couple wedge refreshes though. Just a little more versatile than the 60* and I don't think I've faced a shot I'd have played with the 60* in the past that a manipulated 58* couldn't handle.

I still may ditch it…

Nope, still have my 60* Full Toe I bought last year that I love. I wouldn't be opposed to dropping to a 58* but I use the 60* out of the sand and in limited approach situations anyway and would likely use a 58* the same way so the added loft works for me.
Same reasoning for me. Especially for the sand for me.

I have played both 60° and 58° and slightly prefer 58° for my lob wedge. It gives me a little more range for stock partial swing wedge distances, and I choose grinds with lower bounce and heel relief that let me open up.

Love my 60.

Play a 62° followed by 58° and would go 64 if they made them anymore.

I go PW (43.5), AW (49), GW (52), LW (60).

I use my LW out of bunkers, for flop shots if needed (rare) and for full swing shots of 90 yards. Occasionally I will use it for shorter shots, but normally that is where I grab my GW.

No way. I love my 60!

Back