Hank Haney's One Shot Slice Fix - - - IT WORKS!

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
Anyone who has played any golf with me knows how bad I can be. I have had a lot of 100+ score THP rounds over the years. I bet I have never broken 100 at any event or get-together I have been to. Horrible slices or massive pulls. I have given up so many yards for so long since I have sliced for 44+ years.

I saw an ad for Hank Haney's One Shot Slice Fix video series and said what the heck and bought it for 50 bucks, thinking I have a one year guarantee money back policy so I will just send it back in time.

Well, it is NOT going back. I had to change my grip, my stance, my takeaway, my backswing, my downswing, my impact position and my follow through. AND, did it in two weeks of watching the videos (twice) and then going to hit balls. During the time I watched the videos, I just took it all in. Sitting on my couch, sipping my Coke. Did not swing or grip or hold a club until I went to Top Golf to smack some balls around.

March 24, 2022. The first swing was horrible. The ball went somewhere right and did not look good. About three or four shots in, the swing started feeling better, what with the new grip, stance, and every part of my new swing, doing what I remember from the videos and watching them twice.. Within about 10 shots, I hit my first, on purpose draw ever. EVER. And they kept coming. Some were massive hooks, but no slices. Everything was going from right to left and I am laughing my ass off about what the heck I am seeing. This day was never going to happen, and now I am hitting draw after draw after hook after draw.

That day was surreal. I was playing with a buddy on their virtual courses and shot 89. Drives in the air 200 a lot of times (super long for this guy) and going 215-230 on the so-called roll consistently. Second round shot 92 and my fingers were starting to hurt and was lacking on the technique. Shots were not so great the second round, but I drew the ball more than faded or slicing it.

March 25, 2022. Wind is from the north so will be trying to not only draw the ball, but draw it INTO the wind. Third round was a 82 and drew the ball pretty all round. A few hooks, which right now I am accepting since they are going right to left), and a few slices. Distance about the same, getting more drives over 200 in the air, and getting the same 215-230 after rollout sometimes.. Fourth round was a 73. Just flabbergasted that I am still drawing the ball right to left even into the left to right wind.

I am going to go again tomorrow. I have watched the videos two more times since March 25, and expect nothing less than to continue this draw thing.

I know it's just at Top Golf, but hitting balls is still hitting balls. Can't wait to get to a real course and see if I can do it for real.

Still can't believe this video series actually does what it says it will do. Never ever did I think I could ever do this. I definitely recommend this video series and would give it how ever many stars is offered because it is THAT GOOD.

I will let JB know when I finally can hit the Rope Hook Me Jesus shot. It's coming soon to a golf course near me.

Whoa did you just go from over 100, to 89, 82, 73?!
Well it was at Top Golf, not a real course nor a driving range. But it's what I have right now on my days off. I don't get the good warm days! It was actually 92, not over 100, but yeah, that much improvement in 4 rounds. Not playing from the tips or even regular tees, but hey, I am 60 this year so I can move up! hahaha

I love it when somebody stumbles onto something that works for them and makes the game more fun for them. Congrats and keep at it!

Well it was at Top Golf, not a real course nor a driving range. But it's what I have right now on my days off. I don't get the good warm days! It was actually 92, not over 100, but yeah, that much improvement in 4 rounds. Not playing from the tips or even regular tees, but hey, I am 60 this year so I can move up! hahaha
Oh okay, was gonna say what just happened where you KO'ed 20-30 strokes that fast hahaha

very cool! I hope it's able to translate to the course when you get out. Sounds like you're making good progress!

That’s awesome Mike…glad to see you so excited about the game again.

Thanks all, especially my old buds. Been AWOL for a good bit.

Pretty awesome to hear.

Oh okay, was gonna say what just happened where you KO'ed 20-30 strokes that fast hahaha
I have done 20 to 30 strokes that fast before but it was going low to high! And not starting in the 70s either!

And I know it will be different when I finally get out to try this for real. At least scorewise. But I still will expect to see draws and increased yardage!

Awesome! I noticed you're back! Welcome back!

Good stuff, keep at it!

Good stuff. Ironically I saw the add for this on the THP live the other day. Was wondering if anyone had tried it out before.

Good stuff. Ironically I saw the add for this on the THP live the other day. Was wondering if anyone had tried it out before.

After how fast I took to this, I wonder how it would have been had I done it exactly the way he demonstrated it in the final video, where he works with someone for five minutes before they hit a single shot (and he all but guarantees their first hit on the ball will be a draw (or at least a right to left shot). It happened pretty fast as it is.

After how fast I took to this, I wonder how it would have been had I done it exactly the way he demonstrated it in the final video, where he works with someone for five minutes before they hit a single shot (and he all but guarantees their first hit on the ball will be a draw (or at least a right to left shot). It happened pretty fast as it is.

I gotta ask-How much did you pay for the videos?

I gotta ask-How much did you pay for the videos?
50 bucks. Actually, I think it was more like $46ish.

AND, it's still working. It's amazing to me that I can hit a draw on purpose. Funny thing, sometimes I will HOOK the ball as bas as I used to SLICE the ball. However, I now know how to fix it, and the hooks don't stick around long. Not that I don't slice anymore, because I do, but I can fix THAT too! The slice is here and gone and I am hitting mostly draws again.

Very good stuff @Smallville . Game changing. Enjoy what should be some amazing golf this season.

Congratulations. This reminds me of the Harvey Penick cure. Teach slicers how to hook. Straightening out the ball from there isn't hard to do.

AND, it's still working. It's amazing to me that I can hit a draw on purpose. Funny thing, sometimes I will HOOK the ball as bas as I used to SLICE the ball. However, I now know how to fix it, and the hooks don't stick around long. Not that I don't slice anymore, because I do, but I can fix THAT too! The slice is here and gone and I am hitting mostly draws again.
This is so awesome Mike! Glad to see you around and can feel the smile in your posts. Hope all is well and the improvements continue for you!

Have you played an actual round yet? Wondering how you are progressing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was interested so I searched online. Looks like it costs $197.......where did you find it for $50?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shhhhhhh… he told his wife it was $50.

Back