Half way through 2016, where would rank your game?

Half way through 2016, where would rank your game?

• What's this "golf" you speak of? / I give up!

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I'm a little behind where I thought I might be.

Votes: 45 42.1%
  • I'm right where I thought I'd be at this time.

Votes: 28 26.2%
  • I've lowed my handicap and I'm feeling really good about my game!

Votes: 27 25.2%
  • I'm so much better, I'm thinking about trying to do a Monday Qualifier!

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters

Agent Jay

Grandaddy Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
We are half way though 2016. Where would you rank your game so far? Is it where you thought it would be? Are you farther along? Do you think your behind? Where would you say you are?

crap vs where I was last year and crap vs where I though I'd be. But still trying to enjoy it out there :)

I'm in a good spot right now. My driving isn't as strong as it was earlier in the year but irons and wedges are as good as they have ever been. Putting has been solid lately. In general playing as well.

Bottomed out I hope. Things are looking better lately and I have a boatload of golf planned in July.

So crappy golf hasn't been fun. If this isn't bottom I better go buy a bottle of something, a big bottle.

Good rank for me. Way better than last year. Index down 4 strokes and i havent quite put it all together again. But most importantly golf is fun again

Think I'm way better off than where I expected to be with less rounds played. Definitely swinging and striking the ball better. Putting and way better. Still have the occasional blowouts which negates all the good from a round.

I've had a slow start to my year, so I'm relatively happy with where my game is at currently.

Behind where I thought I would be. Playing much more consistently on a regular basis though. I had a bad April. Need to clean up few things but I definitely think I am better than I was at the same point last year.

Started out real strong January through March and thought I'd make some serious strides on my handicap. Late April saw the rise of a swing glitch that has stalled things, with work preventing me from doing much about it.

After a ton of golf over the last week, I'm starting to see my swing again and see things improving quickly.
But some aspects of my game have been intact, such as driving, short game and putting.

My game is in the sh***er right now. Around March, I really thought things were going to come together that I was planning on getting my HC down to under 4 and enter a local mini tour tournament as an amateur here in August. Now I cannot figure this game out - inconsistency off the tee, a snap hook that comes and goes with no explanation and just overall bad putting. I've never been so close to wanting to hang it all up and take up something else. My instructor always gets me fixed and I'm playing well for a half a round or so and then boom - its all in the toilet again.

I have rounds where everything is firing on all cylinders and I think I've turned the corner, then I'll have a round where irons will be fat/thinned or shanking wedges or I can't read a putt etc. I wish I could bottle up whatever aura is present when I shoot in the mid 80's and take a shot before every round I'd die a happy man. Cap has come down but I have no idea how. :banghead:

I have improved and am happy with the way my game has been improving. Now to just keep the momentum and continue moving forward.

better than I could have imagined. lots of fairways, good bit of greens. good looks at birdie just need to putt a bit better. chips and pitches still not where I want them to be, and sand game continues to be garbage. but I would have told you that if I could get down to and stay at a 6, I'd be a happy guy. now I want to get down in the 3s or 4s. pipe dream, but it's good to have goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have improved and am happy with the way my game has been improving. Now to just keep the momentum and continue moving forward.
Couldn't have summed up my situation better.

Had some early season struggles but have since turned it back into the same place I've been for 20 years. Some good days and some bad days. The frustrating life if an 8-10 hdcp.

So to answer your question no I'm not particularly happy with my game right now half way through the season.

Started out hot, and then cooled off. I felt like I was really close, but not putting everything together for quite awhile. After yesterday, I think things are starting to be more in line with where I want them to be, but I still need to find a way to practice my short game more often.

I'm a little behind where I thought I might be. I played some of the best golf of my life last fall and was really hoping I would pick it right back up this spring. That did not happen at all. Handicap went up quite a bit in the spring, but has started going back down as I've started to play some better golf in the last month. Its a bit frustrating.

Improved putting and driving.
Handicap has dropped.
Played lots of golf, including a couple of individual and team competitions.

Have not won a HOF tag this year.

It's been a mixed bag for me. Shot a new PB, but then started making mistakes off the tee that I thought I left behind me a couple seasons ago. Then, found my tee game, again, yesterday...

In the end, I'm about even with where I was at the end of last season, with optimism that I'll see some continued improvement.

This sums it up for me as well. Nicely worded.

Game hasn't come around as quickly as expected. So I'm behind where I thought I would be

My game is in a funny place. Earlier this year I was a 70s shooter with remarkable consistency, now I'm struggling hard to break 80 and stay lower than 86.

I've spent my entire life trying to strike the ball better and now that I do I can't chip or putt to save my life. My last round had 6 GIR 3-putts and it was one of my better putting performances of late. I am the suck.

After a less than perfect spring my game is getting to be where I expect it to be just in time for the Regional Rivalry. Timing is everything!!

My game is so inconsistent right now. 70s one day and look like a total hack the next. I'm hoping it's due to the swing changes and hope to come out the other side better and more consistent

Back