#1 my a M I L E…the people who freaking sit on a machine on their phone without using the damn machine.
For all the bad rap Planet Fitness gets (I was a hater for a long time myself), I do like some of their rules. No phone use on the gym floor allowed. They don't care if you're logging your workout on it, but if you're sitting around texting or you take a phone call, they'll call you on it. No taking pictures/shooting video either, so that weeds out the IG/TikTok muppets.

They have that silly "Lunk Alarm", but I've been going there for four years and have never once seen it used.

Oh. So your gym has “that guy”. I swear, it doesn’t matter if I go to the gym at 4 am, or 9 pm there is always the same dude walking around naked. Lol
"That guy" at our gym a couple of weeks ago was standing naked drying socks with the hand dryer. I kid you not.

Membership at my home course includes the gym, so during the offseason, after I hit balls, (we have heated bays and Top Tracer), I go to the gym. It's never very crowded, so I don't really have any pet peeves.

ps: the only time it gets a bit busy is right after New Years, but that fades away after a few weeks, lol.

• People talking loudly.
  • People working out to loud videos on their cell phone.
  • Loud music over the speakers.
  • The same music on the speakers every day.
  • Not wiping down equipment after use.

Not sure where to start.

Guy with AWFUL BO who likes to wander around waving his arms in the air after each set.
People not reracking weights after using them (I was taught if you can't put them back you shouldn't pick them up)
People not having any clue on where they rack weights, better than leaving them on the bar, but most racks have 6 plus spot to put weights (at the gym I go to 8 on each bench, 10 in the squat racks) yet people put 45/5/25/2.5/10 on the same slot. I personally don't mix weights on the racks. As the offspring said, you got to keep em separated.
People talking on their phone throughout their "workout" despite multiple signs posted asking that phone conversations being constrained to the lobby.

I will stop here.

The much older guys flirting with Mrs. Reject all the time. And nobody EVER flirting with me. And the dang scale is always wrong (on the high side)

People taking weights from the Hammer Strength equipment while you are using it.

The fact I need to find motivation to get my ass ina gym :mad:

People who don't put their weights away bug me also.
I always put the weights back just like i always wipe down any machine i used. I noticed last night a sign that said failure to put weights back could result in expulsion from the gym. I wish they would do the same for wiping down the equipment. The gym provides wipes in various locations and there is no reason not to.

If you are taking 2-3 minutes between sets I don't see the issue with letting people work in. If I can get a set in while you rest where is the harm?

Yeah I agree with this, when I was big into deadlifts there was a lot of sharing cause some gyms only have one bar area.

Pretty common to have 2-3 guys sharing a bar. As long as one of them wasn't a monster doing 500lbs lol

Adding someone taking my locking collars as I am changing plates. Happened tonight

Here now and found this thread while I was making a disgusted face bc some animal didn’t wipe down his puddle of sweat from the back of the leg press machine.

Adding someone taking my locking collars as I am changing plates. Happened tonight
Stuff like that just never ceases to amaze me. And you can't even call it unintentional when they're doing it while you're standing right there changing plates!

I’m the locker room starting to change out of my work clothes and of course the locker I picked is two down from the dripping wet naked old guy straiout of the shower.

You know the one. He spends entirely too much time standing around socializing in his birthday suit while also drip drying everywhere.

You know how you know the guy sitting on his ass on one of the machines you can sit on is super serious?

He's bathed in cologne.

You know how you know the guy sitting on his ass on one of the machines you can sit on is super serious?

He's bathed in cologne.
For some reason I’m imagining chest hair sticking out of his neckline too. #knowthetype

For some reason I’m imagining chest hair sticking out of his neckline too. #knowthetype
The best part is he got up from the leg extension sit down and almost face planted. 😆

Couldn't have been from working hard. My guess would be the cologne fumes.

My gym is pretty laid back and not real busy, but I’ll never understand the high school kids that pay money for the gym (run by a local hospital) when they can use the same equipment for free at the high school.

and even that wouldn’t bother me as much if they did more than lift three weights and then walk around and drink energy drinks. And say bro every 30 seconds. :ROFLMAO:

I just found a new one today. Evidently the high schoolers have decided it's necessary to bring their sound bar to the gym. A legit sound bar made for big screen TVs.

You see this way I can enjoy their music that I already enjoy so much.

Back