ANNOUNCEMENT Guide to Using the THP Forum

It worked! Interesting approach but it worked

Also it looks like the Golf Pride smiley is broke

:GolfPride:

Test Test Test

It worked! Interesting approach but it worked

Also it looks like the Golf Pride smiley is broke

Agreed, not the best way to do it, but all things considered, not a huge deal.

Hmm, it's working for me :GolfPride:

Maybe the one in your signature was an old one that got deleted? The update tonight should allow you to work on your signature again, so let's try it again tomorrow.

:GolfPride:

Test Test Test
Agreed, not the best way to do it, but all things considered, not a huge deal.

Hmm, it's working for me :GolfPride:

Maybe the one in your signature was an old one that got deleted? The update tonight should allow you to work on your signature again, so let's try it again tomorrow.

Got it! All the smileys look great! BTW, I like the THP logo!!!

Got it! All the smileys look great! BTW, I like the THP logo!!!

So glad it worked! And thanks, that was seriously one of the most tedious tasks I have done in a while. I actually forgot to eat lunch yesterday because I was in a zone of doing those damn smilies hahaha.

So glad it worked! And thanks, that was seriously one of the most tedious tasks I have done in a while. I actually forgot to eat lunch yesterday because I was in a zone of doing those damn smilies hahaha.

Morgan you’re going to be a full fledged IT geek if you’re not careful!!

The logo smilies definitely look great, big improvement, so thanks for all the work you put into them.

Any headway on getting pics into the signatures yet? I think I remember you saying you had to research add-ons to get that done, and no big deal as I'm sure there are much higher priority things you're working on, but thought I'd ask.

The logo smilies definitely look great, big improvement, so thanks for all the work you put into them.

Any headway on getting pics into the signatures yet? I think I remember you saying you had to research add-ons to get that done, and no big deal as I'm sure there are much higher priority things you're working on, but thought I'd ask.

I posted a thread about an add-on I bought to attach images, although I will admit it's not the best add-on, and has some faults. Here is the thread https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/index.php?threads/uploading-signature-pictures.8908296/

I have also posted in a few threads around here that we are hoping to do an update tonight which should fix the URL image and smilies in signatures. Once that is complete, I will make an announcement about it.

I posted a thread about an add-on I bought to attach images, although I will admit it's not the best add-on, and has some faults. Here is the thread https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/index.php?threads/uploading-signature-pictures.8908296/

I have also posted in a few threads around here that we are hoping to do an update tonight which should fix the URL image and smilies in signatures. Once that is complete, I will make an announcement about it.
Thanks. I haven't had any issues attaching pics in posts, either upload or URL, just haven't been able to get anything into the signature. Thanks again for all the work you've put into this, I'm really enjoying all the upgrades and updates to the site. I'll try to remember to check on this after the next update.

By the way, I also saw your post on resizing images by dragging the corner, I actually found that on accident early on, and have used it a few times, great feature.

Thanks. I haven't had any issues attaching pics in posts, either upload or URL, just haven't been able to get anything into the signature. Thanks again for all the work you've put into this, I'm really enjoying all the upgrades and updates to the site.

By the way, I also saw your post on resizing images by dragging the corner, I actually found that on accident early on, and have used it a few times, great feature.

The image thing is just with the signatures, it's a bug with our current version, but the update tonight should fix that. At least it did on the test site where I try everything first, so hopefully that means it works here too.

I don't know how I didn't know about the resize thing before, it's awesome!!

We did the update last night and you should be able to insert an image into your signature now using the insert picture box in the rich text editor (see picture below). You can also insert smilies and brands again too. It should all be working.

Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 7.58.15 AM.png

Getting push notifications from the site is so dope! Well done!

We did the update last night and you should be able to insert an image into your signature now using the insert picture box in the rich text editor (see picture below). You can also insert smilies and brands again too. It should all be working.

View attachment 8909260

it’s working for me now! Thanks for all the hard work @GolferGal!!

Thanks, works great!

@GolferGal I noticed that the giphy link uploads the gifs which sometimes do not show up, which I think had been disused before. I went back to look at some of mine today and noticed that the giphy link uploads them with a "media" tag/prefix, which are the ones that are sometimes not showing up. When I upload them manually with an "image" tag/prefix and the same image URL, they show up and get embedded without that media screen around it. I am not sure this helps anything, but I wanted to share that experience which may help anyone experiencing the non-loading gif issue.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
@GolferGal I noticed that the giphy link uploads the gifs which sometimes do not show up, which I think had been disused before. I went back to look at some of mine today and noticed that the giphy link uploads them with a "media" tag/prefix, which are the ones that are sometimes not showing up. When I upload them manually with an "image" tag/prefix and the same image URL, they show up and get embedded without that media screen around it. I am not sure this helps anything, but I wanted to share that experience which may help anyone experiencing the non-loading gif issue.

giphy.gif

Giphy is an add on so unfortunately, I have no control over errors with it.

Giphy is an add on so unfortunately, I have no control over errors with it.

Ahh, that makes sense now. It’s odd home some gifs work perfectly and others just disappear.

Since the new format has come out I haven’t bother to use the tapatalk app. Never liked the app really. Loving the mobile browser appearance...so clean and intuitive.

Just some feedback:

Really like the emojis visible down below. Giphy is the BEST.

Notifications are still hit or miss, sometimes I get emails, sometimes I don't

About ready to pull the plug on tapatalk

I'm done with Tapatalk. The mobile browser version is so good and so easy to use. Thanks for all the effort to make the change. :)(y)

Last edited:
I'm done with Tapatalk. The mobile browser version is so good and so easy to use. Thanks for all the effort to get to make the change. :)(y)

We think its better too...By a lot

Just some feedback:

Really like the emojis visible down below. Giphy is the BEST.

Notifications are still hit or miss, sometimes I get emails, sometimes I don't

About ready to pull the plug on tapatalk

Unfortunately, the notifications for being quoted will be hit or miss. It's not inherent in the system so I got a plugin for it, but it's not really equipped for a site our size. It's the only one I have found so far, but I am always looking for a better one.

Glad everything is working well for you though, I absolutely love to hear that!!

Unfortunately, the notifications for being quoted will be hit or miss. It's not inherent in the system so I got a plugin for it, but it's not really equipped for a site our size. It's the only one I have found so far, but I am always looking for a better one.

Glad everything is working well for you though, I absolutely love to hear that!!

You’ve done a fantastic job - it’s much appreciated

Has anyone figured out the best browser to use so all the giphs show up? i've used Chrome, IE and Edge with all having issues showing giphs. Some are displayed and some are not.

Back