Growing the Game - Good Good Golf

TRyan

Granddaddy 2X | GOAT Cup Champ | Gray Bull Bound
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I know I have seen "Good Good" mentioned here in the past, but they just released a video of a little 3 vs. 3 scramble they put together at a lighted par 3 course in Chicago, and it was awesome to see all of the young kids out there supporting them.

I really think people like this are going to influence the future trajectory of the sport for the younger demographic more than people give them credit for.

Here is a link to the full video:

If you don't want to watch the whole thing, look at this just to see how much these kids were into this thing.

I think the Good Good guys have an awesome presence on YouTube. Their videos are fun, they keep it pretty clean, and their characters are a strong variety between casual golfer and skilled player (although they can all move the ball).

They also respect the game. Always showing at least once a video fixing their pitch marks or filling their divots which I love.

Never heard of the guys. I need to tune in and see what this is all about.

They are fun.

Younger guys, with a mix of play styles, skill levels, and perspectives on the game.

Lots of high energy, positive stuff.

I think the Good Good guys have an awesome presence on YouTube. Their videos are fun, they keep it pretty clean, and their characters are a strong variety between casual golfer and skilled player (although they can all move the ball).

They also respect the game. Always showing at least once a video fixing their pitch marks or filling their divots which I love.

Agreed 100% - I really enjoy the variety of content they put out.

If you just want to see solid golf, they have videos like that, if you want to see fun/whacky challenges, they have that too.

I don't watch everything they put out, but I think they are doing a tremendous job.

These guys are much younger than my old butt however I do enjoy their videos. These guys can really bomb the ball. They also have some heartwarming videos with their parents. I like the challenges they do against others like Bob Does Sports, Foreplay guys, and others.

I think they are a fun group of guys but I worry about their "games" becoming popular as they are not meant for a normal 4some. There are some times where they are on the course by themselves or the last tee time so they can take the time to set things up. There are other videos where you can see they are being pushed by other golfers on the course.

That being said they have 3 stud golfers (Micah, Garrett, and Grant), 1 on the cusp of being good (Matt), and 2 dudes (Steve and Bubbie). They have good personalities and look they hustle. Putting out that much content and getting a following is tough so props to them for their success because it is all based on hard work. You can tell by their personal channels who takes it more seriously. They all got club deals now as well so that is interesting. 2 for Mizuno, 2 for Cobra, and 2 for Takomo.

I don't see the YouTube trend slowing down anytime soon. YT content is pretty big and as Good Good branches out they're only going to grow their reach more. As it is, someone was at an event that had a Good Good polo that didn't even know one of the Good Good guys that approached him to say thanks. But with the club deals, I actually think people are beginning to see their reach and potential influence over the next generation of golfers. I'm probably not their target demographic, but I like the content too.

I don't see the YouTube trend slowing down anytime soon. YT content is pretty big and as Good Good branches out they're only going to grow their reach more. As it is, someone was at an event that had a Good Good polo that didn't even know one of the Good Good guys that approached him to say thanks. But with the club deals, I actually think people are beginning to see their reach and potential influence over the next generation of golfers. I'm probably not their target demographic, but I like the content too.

I don't think most of us here are the target demographic, which is good.

The younger generation, where golf has struggled, is who they are reaching, and that is a great thing.

I like watching them, it's become a part of my lunch routine, and a few of those can really play and hit some great shots. It would be cool to see them use their influence to grow the game, bring on local kids, etc

I like watching them, it's become a part of my lunch routine, and a few of those can really play and hit some great shots. It would be cool to see them use their influence to grow the game, bring on local kids, etc

I would argue that is exactly what they are doing.

Grant/Garrett challenge young up-and-coming golfers in 2 vs. 2 scrambles, college kids, high school kids etc.

Combine the solid more "professional" matches with the fun stuff they do and I think they are doing exactly what you described above.

I would argue that is exactly what they are doing.

Grant/Garrett challenge young up-and-coming golfers in 2 vs. 2 scrambles, college kids, high school kids etc.

Combine the solid more "professional" matches with the fun stuff they do and I think they are doing exactly what you described above.
They have brought on high school or up and coming golfers in the past. They've also filmed with PGA pros and random local golfers who "called them out" on their various social media. It's gotten easier to bring on college golfers with the new NIL rules. There were some issues previously that caused a few videos to be taken down or not completed due to NCAA regulations.

They have brought on high school or up and coming golfers in the past. They've also filmed with PGA pros and random local golfers who "called them out" on their various social media. It's gotten easier to bring on college golfers with the new NIL rules. There were some issues previously that caused a few videos to be taken down or not completed due to NCAA regulations.

Also the reason Garrett didn't play college golf. He has come a LOOONG way from the trick shot videos in his backyard in KC.

I really hope that's not the future trajectory of golf, too much bro for my taste, "let's go!!!!", no thanks.

I'm rooting for golf to stop growing, it's getting too hard to get tee times, and too expensive, I'm hoping for it to become less popular so I can play more.

I don't think most of us here are the target demographic, which is good.

The younger generation, where golf has struggled, is who they are reaching, and that is a great thing.
I think between Grant, Tig, and Clarky, there is enough of a presence to link up even the more serious golfer to be entertained.

That's part about what I like about them, and how when I first started watching, I didn't like some of the guys because they take a more casual approach. Turns out, it's actually helped me recognize that golf is not really a singular presence.

Never heard of them either. Watched just a little of the video above so far and looks pretty fun. Will definitely check their YT page out.

I think between Grant, Tig, and Clarky, there is enough of a presence to link up even the more serious golfer to be entertained.

That's part about what I like about them, and how when I first started watching, I didn't like some of the guys because they take a more casual approach. Turns out, it's actually helped me recognize that golf is not really a singular presence.

Absolutely agreed. I kind of thought Steve and Bubby detracted from the channel, but I have come really enjoy what they both bring to it.

I agree. I like the videos i have seen of these guys and with the way youth are today,people like this are going to be hugely impactful on the future of the game. I like that they respect the game, though wardrobe is questionable sometimes 🤣🤣

Never heard of them either. Watched just a little of the video above so far and looks pretty fun. Will definitely check their YT page out.
You guys are killing me with the never heard ofs. You need more YouTube in your lives. :LOL:

I think they are a fun group of guys but I worry about their "games" becoming popular as they are not meant for a normal 4some. There are some times where they are on the course by themselves or the last tee time so they can take the time to set things up. There are other videos where you can see they are being pushed by other golfers on the course.
I'd be surprised if a ton of that was happening at least in a way that would slow golf down.

First, golf isn't cheap, so throwing a round away to have a three club challenge isn't terribly likely. Plus, these guys rolling with six vs the typical four. Hard to 2v2v2

I agree. I like the videos i have seen of these guys and with the way youth are today,people like this are going to be hugely impactful on the future of the game. I like that they respect the game, though wardrobe is questionable sometimes 🤣🤣
hahaha, the yanking of the shorts is very weird - but, it could be worse. For the most part, they respect golf which is what matters.

Also, I've seen other YouTubers dress better but present golf in SUCH a worse way.

Absolutely agreed. I kind of thought Steve and Bubby detracted from the channel, but I have come really enjoy what they both bring to it.
I just wish Steve would stop hiking up his shorts.

I've come around on Bubbie a LOT. He owns his swing and his presence, and brings a really positive attitude to the experience which everyone can learn from.

Back