Grooving Swing Indoors - do you do it and what has worked for you?

Jeffrey1954

Reaction score
I live in a condominium with no grassy area to just swing a club everyday to help groove my swing and help with tempo. I don’t think I need to actually hit a ball all the time to know whether I made a good swing or not. i will swing an A wedge indoors and clip the carpet, but I sometimes hit furniture, the ceiling, or chunk one into the floor. I have seen some shorter swing aids 5hat might work better for this indoor practice, but I would like to hear from folks that find it useful to swing indoors and what homemade or commercially available hardware they have used to help develop a more consistent and technically proficient swing. Thanks.

I've personally used the tour striker smart ball and ProSendr training aids without a club to help groove swings inside. Depending on what I'm trying to feel I've found those 2 really helpful and I don't need a club to feel like I'm making some impactful changes.

Thanks, bsbmike5. I checked out the ProSendr videos on their website and their system looks interesting. I wish I could try it out before buying It.

If living in a condominium I would consider putting a mat/net combination down close to one another and practice chipping for starters, then see what other options would be available given space and flight responses- might be enough space for small range pitching strokes.

Chipping is a great conditioner and platform for game improvement, as it allows experiencing set up and weight shift options for the stroke. Instead of watching reruns on television you can groove all the little, but imperative, details near the strike.:)

I groove indoors at the sim all winter and at various points in the warm season. It really helped, I have been driving the ball better than I have in quite a while. Irons are all crisp. I hope it lasts. If I could do it at home that would be even better.
I have a net at home I can hit into, but it doesn't come close to providing the help with the swing a sim does.

I live in a condominium with no grassy area to just swing a club everyday to help groove my swing and help with tempo. I don’t think I need to actually hit a ball all the time to know whether I made a good swing or not. i will swing an A wedge indoors and clip the carpet, but I sometimes hit furniture, the ceiling, or chunk one into the floor. I have seen some shorter swing aids 5hat might work better for this indoor practice, but I would like to hear from folks that find it useful to swing indoors and what homemade or commercially available hardware they have used to help develop a more consistent and technically proficient swing. Thanks.
So if you’re hitting the ceiling and “chunking” into the floor, indoors isn’t a very smart choice… at least with a club that long.

I’ve seen a weighted half club with a training grip on it, might be like what Scheffler uses that is very effective.

I groove indoors at the sim all winter and at various points in the warm season. It really helped, I have been driving the ball better than I have in quite a while. Irons are all crisp. I hope it lasts. If I could do it at home that would be even better.
I have a net at home I can hit into, but it doesn't come close to providing the help with the swing a sim does.
Yup, I use a sim etc… at our indoor place in the winter. You can groove a swing there but not in your bathroom 😂

I really struggle taking my indoor swing to the course. Even if I factored in the bad lies and everything else that comes from real golf, I'd (conservatively) estimate 5 strokes of improvement if I could transition the better mechanics of my indoor full swing to outdoors.

I really struggle taking my indoor swing to the course. Even if I factored in the bad lies and everything else that comes from real golf, I'd (conservatively) estimate 5 strokes of improvement if I could transition the better mechanics of my indoor full swing to outdoors.

Bring your 'outdoor' swing indoors.

The sequences between the two actions under different conditions are probably not that far apart, without seeing. Mats don't have to sit flush to a floor, there can be fabricated elevations placed underneath the mat allowing a good degree of slope in all directions to strike against. This could be one idea.

Back