Great day until I got home,

DonW

Reaction score
Handicap
teens
was getting purchases from store out of backseat and hear loud rustling in my evergreens, turn just in time to see large buck with nice rack and doe streak past. A second doe lagging behind freaks upon sighting me and turns hard left toward front door, with out slowing it leaps over a bench and right through the door light. I get to the door to unlock it hoping it will come back out, instead its busting windows in my living room trying to get out, sees me and runs to other set of windows and starts bouncing off them. Thankfully one pops open and it squeezes into our sunroom which is nothing but windows and french doors, I latch the window shut and hold the doors leading out to the sunroom closed as there is not a latch on them. By now my neighbor and wife, my wife, and some kid (who started the whole fiasco by chasing the deer, "wanted to see what they would do?") have come running over having heard all the glass breaking and my cursing, neighbor holds the doors shut while I run around to unlock back doors so the doe can escape. As soon as I swing the door open it freaks totally and leaps out through one of windows leaps our 5' fence like it wasn't even there and disappears up the creek valley. Just then in comes the officer, my wife called 911, hand on his holster ready to draw his weapon asking "where is the deer?" Tell him it just left out the back, look around and there is total carnage, broken windows/glass all over, broken furniture, blood every where (carpet, furniture, drapes) and the woodwork has gouges from hooves and deep scratches from all the flying glass. Our sunroom had wicker furniture with glass topped end tables and coffee table (really pissed as they were a gift from my deceased MIL who was very good to us), looks like a tornado swept through it. Gonna be a long weekend of cleaning and scrubbing, good thing I don't own a gun or there would be bullet holes to be patched too. :angry:

One of the crazier stories I've heard in a while. I'm in Law enforcement, and I've never seen anything like that. I have seen one leap in a car once.

Sounds like you've got a long annoying process in front of you, I'm guessing Home owners covers deer damage?

Sorry to hear about this. I will say you have a priceless story to share for years to come. Hope the cleanup process goes as smooth as can be.

Sorry to hear lad. The main thing is no one got hurt. I hope the clean up job isn't to painful

Jeeeeez. Glad there are no human injuries, that is a wicked turn of bad luck.

HOLY **** we need pics have to see this. Sorry for the damage but what a story I dont know if this would be covered under home owners ins. sounds $$$$$

Holy ****!! Sorry to hear this, hoping that insurance covers as well.

And smack the kid that decided to test what the deer would do if chased.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Dang Don. That's crazy! Sorry to hear it.

Wow that's crazy. It realy sucks as well. Sorry to hear it.

That's awful. Good luck on all the clean up and restoration

Ready, Aim, (Kindle) FIRE!

You may not see this now, but someday this will be really funny. Sorry about the situation.

Wow that is crazy. I hope you get it all back to normal soon.

wow thats a crazy story sorry to hear about it though

wow thats crazy... did you take any pics?

Sorry to hear lad. The main thing is no one got hurt. I hope the clean up job isn't to painful

Ain't that the truth, that deer was scared and would have put a major hurting on DW without even trying.

Things can be replaced and like someone said, you have a heck of a story to share for years to come.

stupid deer !!

Glad nobody got hurt !!

Wild story you get to tell your grandkids :D

No Shat :banghead:@!!!!!!!!!! Wow man that is a very unfortunate thing to happen there for sure:at-wits-end:. It must of been in the air for crazy stuff to happen. I was letting in our cat Buster last night and did not notice until after he had got in the door that he had a huge rat hanging out of his mouth. The thing was still alive so here I go chasing Buster around the house with a broom and dustpan. I finally cornered him and he dropped the rat. The rat was kicking and ole gray hopping :blob:. I finally got that little sucker scooped up with the dustpan while holding him down with the broom and run to the backdoor and chunked that sucker out. KellyBo had already jumped up and hauled her arse to be bedroom and locked the door. You know how those women get when a good rat hunt starts up :bulgy-eyes::crying:. Anyways I hope you get your house in order soon and sorry about your rough day.

How crazy, sorry to hear it Don. That doe flat out went nuts in there.

that is one crazy story Don. Sorry to hear it.

Part of me can't help but think of Tommy Boy when the Deer destroys their car

That's just nuts! Good luck with the cleanup.

Thank Goodness no one was injured. You don't want to get caught up between the deer and the exit those hooves can be lethal.

insurance brother. they will even have it cleaned up for you. I wouldnt scrub sh!t

Back