Graphite Design Tour AD Iron Shafts

That's interesting. Not lacking feel though?
I don’t know yet. I honestly have only been able to hit them outside a few times during rounds. They felt good when I picked them up and hit some balls off the mat. I probably won’t be able to say until I get the full set in hand.

I have now been playing this iron shaft in my Titleist 150/200 combo set for a little over a month and a half. I have quite a few rounds in with them. I have hit a lot of range balls with them, too.

For some reason, out of the gate, I struggled a bit with them and wondered if I had made a huge mistake, given the huge price tag. However, as I have settled in, I now absolutely love them. They are the best iron shaft that I have ever played. The play for me much like a Recoil Proto or SteelFiber, but feel more smooth. They hold up really well to my quick transition. The trajectory and launch window are what I want.

I know that the demand is not all that large for a shaft that costs so much, particularly when there are so many options available at a more affordable price, but I wish there were a way for more to try them, because they are so good.

I got one more round in yesterday. It likely will be the last one locally this year. I hit some of the most fun iron shots that I have hit all year. Surely, the heads are the most important part of the club, but the shafts are a big part of it, as well. I am glad I splurged on these shafts.

Last edited:
I have now had the chance to get my irons with these shafts on TrackMan several times, now. These are my favorite iron shafts that I have ever tried. They retain that smooth Graphite Design feel, but they are very stable. They also are transferring the energy extremely well. I am seeing a smash factor of 1.40 or 1.41 with the 7 iron. That is almost at the point where one would worry about having flyers, but the shafts, combined with Titleist T150/200 heads, are extremely consistent. Are they worth the money? I likely will be playing this setup until I am too old to use them effectively, so, to me, they are worth it.

I am currently using the Tour AD DI and have to say I love it.

Has anyone tried the ad85s or ad95s against the UST Dart V 90 shafts?

Back