Good Reason Not To Golf

I can never understand why people don't just walk when it's cart path only.

Because I have a cart bag that I really don't want to carry. I just don't play when it's cart path only. (Most of the time)

If I walk, I'll use my push cart.

Winter seems to have addled more than a few brains around here. Seriously, I think cart path golf slows play.

Because I have a cart bag that I really don't want to carry. I just don't play when it's cart path only. (Most of the time)

If I walk, I'll use my push cart.

We still play but the last time I tried walking dragging that Revolver on a pull cart it almost killed me. High humidity, long hills and a boat anchor on two wheels was too much. It doesn't really slow down play very much because everybody is in the same predicament. I don't remember seeing anybody walk at the course we play our league at.

We still play but the last time I tried walking dragging that Revolver on a pull cart it almost killed me. High humidity, long hills and a boat anchor on two wheels was too much. It doesn't really slow down play very much because everybody is in the same predicament. I don't remember seeing anybody walk at the course we play our league at.

If everyone is in the same boat so to speak, then no it wouldn't slow play. It's when you have walkers and riders.

If everyone is in the same boat so to speak, then no it wouldn't slow play. It's when you have walkers and riders.

We don't get many walkers at my home course either, I've done it before and probably would again if I get a better trolley. It's got some killer hills on it though, walking 9 isn't bad but the full 18 kicks my butt.

We don't get many walkers at my home course either, I've done it before and probably would again if I get a better trolley. It's got some killer hills on it though, walking 9 isn't bad but the full 18 kicks my butt.

I got a Clicgear for Christmas and can't wait to use it. I'm hoping to play outside the weekend after this one. If not - we'll play on the sim again.

I agree with Diane on cart path only slowing play.If it didn't kick my butt I'd walk when it's like that.Actually thinking about it I'd problely walk less since I always find a way to place the ball as far from the path as possible.

I got a Clicgear for Christmas and can't wait to use it. I'm hoping to play outside the weekend after this one. If not - we'll play on the sim again.

I envy you,LOL. None of my golfing buddies walk (see my post above about beer) so I don't really have any motivation to get a cart but if I did it would be a ClicGear!

In the spirit of this thread I've never refused to play a course after I got there but I won't go back if it isn't in good shape. We did have one course that we kept playing even though we complained about it every time. We played it on St. Patricks day for the last time last year. I'm sure come spring we will be back on that goat track and cussing it again.

I wouldn't want to walk Shirkey, Sunflower or the back nine at Falcon.

I agree with Diane on cart path only slowing play.If it didn't kick my butt I'd walk when it's like that.Actually thinking about it I'd problely walk less since I always find a way to place the ball as far from the path as possible.
Seems that way for me too.

I wouldn't want to walk Shirkey, Sunflower or the back nine at Falcon.

I've said that about a couple of courses and then friends convinced me to walk. Fortunately, it wasn't on very hot days so it wasn't too bad. Isn't KS fairly flat.

I've said that about a couple of courses and then friends convinced me to walk. Fortunately, it wasn't on very hot days so it wasn't too bad. Isn't KS fairly flat.
No..that's TX down around Lubbock

These courses are really long with lots of hills. Quite a few holes have a long trek between holes too, which makes walking a pain too. Western Kansas is fairly flat. We don't have cows walking down main street either, despite all the reports. :D

i can only WISH that I could walk ever golf course I played... Some courses require you to ride. I also don't have a cart, so I just backpack with my clubs.

Being younger has its advantages... :foot-in-mouth:

Winter seems to have addled more than a few brains around here. Seriously, I think cart path golf slows play.

I agree. Cart path only they might as well space the groups by at least half again the normal tee times. All that running back and forth takes more time than just walking.

My home course is walking only when it's too sloppy for carts. Since we don't have continuous cart paths (only around tees and greens), there is no other option, and I like that. When those days are in effect, I take my old Sun Mountain Eclipse stand bag and a max of 7 clubs and walk 9 holes. That's about all I can do any more, but even though the body doesn't like it, I still prefer walking. Maybe I'm just nuts, but I like to walk the course, even though it can be somewhat painful by the time I finish.

These courses are really long with lots of hills. Quite a few holes have a long trek between holes too, which makes walking a pain too. Western Kansas is fairly flat. We don't have cows walking down main street either, despite all the reports. :D

Not even in Dodge City???? Mr. Dillon will be so disappointed. :laughing:

I don't think there's a good reason not to golf unless u don't enjoy it. weather or health injuries.

Back