Golf Courses, Reviews & Local Outings - Changes on THP

You aint lying gray, that dog looks tough.

Don't forget to keep those reviews coming. We will continue to pick a winner every single month and send out prizes.

Finally about time that I can join back in on some course reviews. Grass is getting green again.

Looking forward to seeing all the course reviews and giving out some great prizes with the season kicking into high gear.

Weather depending, I'll have a review up on Tuesday.

Bill, can't wait to hear about the changes to Jonesco. Heck, I might even go out there some day I don't feel like playing here.

Sounds like a great weekend is ahead for you OG. Enjoy it!

Bill, can't wait to hear about the changes to Jonesco. Heck, I might even go out there some day I don't feel like playing here.

It really is a fun course that I have so many memories of. It's going to be like a Home Coming for me! I'm not sure you know this however DawgDaddyy is now a member at Jonesco :thumb:

Sounds like a great weekend is ahead for you OG. Enjoy it!

Have fun OG

Thanks guys! I'm pumped to head out in the a.m.

It really is a fun course that I have so many memories of. It's going to be like a Home Coming for me! I'm not sure you know this however DawgDaddy is now a member at Jonesco :thumb:

Thanks guys! I'm pumped to head out in the a.m.

Yep, I joined it after they put in the new irrigation system. The fairways are getting better and better, right now the greens are still recovering from being punched and with the sand are somewhat slow. Jonesco will be a much better course with another year of irrigation. I now have two courses that I am a member of that offer different challenges, plus I try to get up to MCC and get in a round fairly often.

Have fun tomorrow buddy.

Yep, I joined it after they put in the new irrigation system. The fairways are getting better and better, right now the greens are still recovering from being punched and with the sand are somewhat slow. Jonesco will be a much better course with another year of irrigation. I now have two courses that I am a member of that offer different challenges, plus I try to get up to MCC and get in a round fairly often.

Have fun tomorrow buddy.

Thanks Dawg! I have Tate, Frank, Wendel, Bubba, Bruce, Danny, and a host of others playing Friday and Saturday.

Guys in IL. Make sure to take pics and stuff for this! Looking forward to seeing some new courses, and who knows, you might win a Prize Pack!

In my spare time, I write a little blog mostly about my beloved Bucs and Bulls, but during the offseason I started giving my review on golf courses that I'm playing. This summer I went over to Orlando (from Tampa) and played Falcon's Fire and Disney Palm, and did reviews on both of them. Here's the one on Falcon's Fire and here's the one on Disney's Palm course. Enjoy!

Very cool idea. I'm looking forward to seeing all the course reviews and pics and it will be a big help for people travelling and wanting to get some good reviews of the courses to play.

Yes exactly what I have been needing. All in one place.

Played in a threesome today at Cream Ridge Golf Course, NJ. Practicing for an upcoming event against another 55+ community. We teed off at 7:15 and were done by 10:30. Course was in "fair" condition, fairways were not great, the rough very brittle, but the greens were fast and true. Plus the $29 rate (cart included) when you tee off prior to 7:30, was a good deal. Some "funky" holes, but overall a good track. The restaurant was nicely air-conditioned, and the food was good.

Reviewing Mesa, Phoenix, Scottsdale area golf courses this week, so as to set up some tee times for when I arrive next week. I already know I'll play Toka Sticks, Dobson Ranch, Superstition, Painted Mountain, Arizona Golf Resort (Home Course), and Longbow. Others top be determined.

Played in a threesome today at Cream Ridge Golf Course, NJ. Practicing for an upcoming event against another 55+ community. We teed off at 7:15 and were done by 10:30. Course was in "fair" condition, fairways were not great, the rough very brittle, but the greens were fast and true. Plus the $29 rate (cart included) when you tee off prior to 7:30, was a good deal. Some "funky" holes, but overall a good track. The restaurant was nicely air-conditioned, and the food was good.

I did a review of Cream Ridge when I played it a couple years ago:

http://bestphillygolf.blogspot.com/2012/05/cream-ridge-gc.html

Overall, a decent value course.

KellyBo and I are planning on heading to Jones County Wednesday to kick off my return to golf at our old stomping grounds :blob:. Heading to Lake Jonesco for some fun and golf. I'm getting excited to get back out there and playing my old home turf will be fun. We are taking our cat to our old vet, to have some teeth worked on or pulled out. Since the vet is so close to our old stomping grounds, we're going to make it a cat/golf outing. :D

That is pretty cool JB. I love the idea.

Change of venue: One of my Tuesday Foursome friends drives up from Portland, Oregon every week, so we decided to thank him by driving down, next Monday... to play golf at Heron Lakes.

10557432_10152356132968401_3573803722908860992_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back