Golf ball alignment aids - do you partake?

Don't you hate when you find what seems to be a good ball but the sharpie line obliterates the name!

I’ll try whatever is on the ball, but it doesn’t seem to actually help my putting. Find the right line, get the speed right in my head, step up check alignment and make stroke. Half the time I don’t have to pick up my ball…

I prefer a single line that I draw myself

I will spin a line around the equator of the golf ball, but it's purely for I.D. purposes

I still totally rely on seeing my line, an intermediate spot on that line, and rolling a straight putted ball over that intermediate spot.

I use the alignment aid not only for putting, but off the tee as well.

After resistance I am a convert to triple track.

Pictures please
Not sure if the pictures explain it well. So you use the alignment tool as a ball mark. You aim it at the hole and then you can move the white part to the line you want the putt to roll to the hole.

Attachments

• IMG_0158.jpg
    IMG_0158.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0159.jpg
    IMG_0159.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0157.jpg
    IMG_0157.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 3
I’m going Taylormade Stripe Lime green with LAB DF3 putter to start.

Not sure if the pictures explain it well. So you use the alignment tool as a ball mark. You aim it at the hole and then you can move the white part to the line you want the putt to roll to the hole.
Interesting indeed.

Darned if I know. Why you guys do stuff like that is a mystery to me.
Why we use alignment aids that have proven benefits? I think most do it to make more putts. 😜

No line for me, I actually place the ball so nothing but white shows before each putt. I concentrate more on my feet hips and shoulders being square to my target. Works for me!

I love the Callaway Triple track and the 360 alignment aids.

I like the the thick black line on the vice balls. It’s the easiest for me to line up. Going to commit to lining the shorter putts up this year. I put better when I do

I have a bit of a weak right knee, so it's difficult for me to get into the catcher's stance to line the ball up. So no, I do not use an alignment aid.

Been playing triple track for a while. I think I prefer 360 but will play either.

I have a box of tru track I’m going to give a try as well and see how I like those.

I will line up the preprinted line arrow (whatever) occasionally but usually (95% of the time) they throw me off, as I don't line them up exactly as I want to hit the shot. So, I prefer no marks/lines etc when place the ball down for putting.

I use the line when I play but don’t when I practice. I’m a lazy thing

Back