Going to Masters practice round any tips???

detpoacher

Reaction score
Handicap
Going to Masters practice round any tips? Going on monday staying in greenville Sc about a hour away.That the closest I could find at a good rate.Any advice would be great.

Wear comfortable shoes.

My brother lives half a mile from Augusta National, go party with him

Take and post a lot of pictures!

Have fun

Have a good time! Sounds like fun.

You're not an hour away if you are staying in Greenville SC, its more like 2.5-3 depending on traffic.

More importantly, have fun and wear comfortable shoes.

You're not an hour away if you are staying in Greenville SC, its more like 2.5-3 depending on traffic.

More importantly, have fun and wear comfortable shoes.

Yeah, you'll be further away than an hour. Have fun though and take pictures if you can (are you allowed during practice rounds?).

If you yell anything, make it original.:alien:

Best advice I can give you is to bring me! hahaha

Really do you know of any where closer I may be able to get a couple rooms.

You could try Columbia. See if you can get something cheap there.

Really do you know of any where closer I may be able to get a couple rooms.

Columbia SC is prob the closest place you may still be able to find rooms.

Its 60-90 Min from Augusta National.

Take and post a lot of pictures!

This!

I attended a practice round and the pro-am day at the Travelers Championship last summer and it was great. I plan to go back this year and take at least twice as many pictures. I also scored some autographs. And tell us about your experience!

Going to Masters practice round any tips? Going on monday staying in greenville Sc about a hour away.That the closest I could find at a good rate.Any advice would be great.

Just enjoy it. It's hilly so be ready for a workout as well.

Enjoy every moment you have there:] I wish I could just visit Augusta.

Wear comfortable shoes (TV has never done a good job at showing just how much elevation change there is on the property. Save room for the pimento cheese sandwiches (have to at least try them), and go ahead and start saving money for the merchandise tent.

Most importantly, make sure you set out time during your day to take in all the traditions including pictures at Amen Corner, watching the golf balls skip on 16 and seeing Magnolia Lane and the clubhouse.

No advice, as I've never been, but I can't wait to hear about your experience. I hope you get great weather and have the time of your life.

I just double checked we are staying in Greenwood Sc, how much closer is that?

Only advice I have is to give me your tickets!

Greenwood is a fairly small town in the middle of nowhere, but its also only an hour to hour and a half from augusta, but all back road.

Watch out for deer.

Google Maps is your friend on this one, put in driving directions on there. Add a little bit of time to what it tells you because of the traffic you will encounter around the course before you get to the parking lots.

My advice on going to the Masters: get there EARLY and get all of your shopping done at the big shop that is just inside of the gates. You're going to want to get some souvenirs and I'm sure a lot of your friends will want them too. Buy all of your stuff at the start of the day, then leave it at the "bag drop", you can pick up your stuff on the way out. After that, take the early part of the day and walk the course to see all of the holes. You can always rest later in the day by choosing to stay at one hole and watch a bunch of groups come through. A really fun spot is to sit on the hill by #16, you can see all of the tee shots on #16 as well as the play on #6 green (another par 3), plus some play on #15 green.

Augusta is much hillier than TV shows. Bring a chair. Put it somewhere early. It will still be there when you want to rest and watch a certain hole.

For all of your friends that want you to buy them something, tell them to also give you Fedex money so you can ship items home from the course and not worry about toting that stuff to the airport.

Have fun and mind your P&Q's. Etiquette is a very important part of the Master's experience.

Google Maps is your friend on this one, put in driving directions on there. Add a little bit of time to what it tells you because of the traffic you will encounter around the course before you get to the parking lots.

My advice on going to the Masters: get there EARLY and get all of your shopping done at the big shop that is just inside of the gates. You're going to want to get some souvenirs and I'm sure a lot of your friends will want them too. Buy all of your stuff at the start of the day, then leave it at the "bag drop", you can pick up your stuff on the way out. After that, take the early part of the day and walk the course to see all of the holes. You can always rest later in the day by choosing to stay at one hole and watch a bunch of groups come through. A really fun spot is to sit on the hill by #16, you can see all of the tee shots on #16 as well as the play on #6 green (another par 3), plus some play on #15 green.

Great advice. Ary is very wise

Back