Jank

I'm just a golfer, I suppose.
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
FIRs
Anyone been on any good ghost tours that they'd recommend? I'm not really a believer, but I love the history of a lot of the places and I enjoy the stories.

I have been on a few really good ones that I would highly suggest if you're in the area.

• Old City Jail, Charleston, SC
    • Tour happens late at night and you tour all levels of the prison
  • Charleston, SC walking tour
    • Great history
  • New Orleans haunted carriage tour
    • Just a horse carriage tour, but I love the history of New Orleans
  • Savannah, GA walking tour
    • Some brutal stories on this one
  • Galveston, TX walking tour
    • The history of Galveston is very interesting to me as a local

My folks lived in Savannah for about 15 years. Every time I visited I tried to make time to go on a ghost tour.

I've done walking ghost tours in New Orleans as well that were freaky.

Anyone been on any good ghost tours that they'd recommend? I'm not really a believer, but I love the history of a lot of the places and I enjoy the stories.

I have been on a few really good ones that I would highly suggest if you're in the area.

• Great history
Those sound like a good time. I thoroughly enjoy history, especially when it's mixed in with an immersive tour.

The Old City Jail would be fun. Doing nighttime rounds at a prison is a unique experience.

My folks lived in Savannah for about 15 years. Every time I visited I tried to make time to go on a ghost tour.

I've done walking ghost tours in New Orleans as well that were freaky.

I forgot the name of the house in Savannah, but there was one story where the parents pinned their child against a large window on the front of the house a some sort of sick punishment. She basically was baked alive once the sun starting hitting the window and it began getting hot outside. Truly an awful story that I'll never forget.

I forgot the name of the house in Savannah, but there was one story where the parents pinned their child against a large window on the front of the house a some sort of sick punishment. She basically was baked alive once the sun starting hitting the window and it began getting hot outside. Truly an awful story that I'll never forget.
The Olde Pink House restaurant is haunted, cant remember the exact story but it dealt with the basement bathroom.

Also, best meal I've ever hard was there. Rack of lamb was amazing.

Always wanted to do one of these...im not a believer at all but I'm all for being scared.

• Great history
I did the Savannah one. Really fun. Especially with built in drink stops and to go cups.

Did the Jack the Ripper one in London. Not really a ghost tour but really neat.
Salem, Mass has quite a few fun ones as well.
I really enjoy them.

I've done San Jose, Boston, DC and New Orleans - the last one was the DC one and even that was probably 8-9 years ago.

All were good, none of the gross / nasty ones they were all the supernatural and spooky, so a lot of fun if a little chilling.

I can't remember the name of it for the life of me right now but that allegedly super haunted cemetery just outside Chicago was about the spookiest place I've made poor choices in.

I've never done any in person, although I definitely want to.

The Paranormal files when they visit anywhere with a tour guide spend a TON of time letting the tour guide share stories and etc in their YouTube videos. This one for example is from the Missouri State Penitentiary and there's like an hour and a half of tour before they do any kind of ghost stuff.

I really enjoy them.
I take it back, I did Salem as well - that one was very commercial but a lot of fun.

There is a ghost tour here in downtown San Antonio that I've heard is really good.

What does this mean?? I'm very intrigued

Mostly just cruel versions or corporal punishment to a lot of undeserving people. The one I mentioned in another post was one of the ones that stuck with me, but there were definitely a handful of other stories that were jarring.

I watch way too many ghost shows.... Waverley Hills Sanitorium looks like amazing fun but I dont know if they offer tours.

I'm not necessarily a believer but...

X Files GIF by The X-Files

Mostly just cruel versions or corporal punishment to a lot of undeserving people. The one I mentioned in another post was one of the ones that stuck with me, but there were definitely a handful of other stories that were jarring.
Ohhhhh I see what you mean

Man, just because he's from Arkansas doesn't mean he's full of ghost stories (or teeth, but that's another post)!
Hahaa. I remember a thread he create about maybe seeing something in a mirror

I really enjoy them.
I bet that was pretty interesting. Still unsolved.

I bet that was pretty interesting. Still unsolved.
Very interesting. The winding streets in white chapel (sp?) add to the spookiness level by 💯. Really really neat. But yes weirdly unsolved.

I wonder what is considered the most famous unsolved?

Very interesting. The winding streets in white chapel (sp?) add to the spookiness level by 💯. Really really neat. But yes weirdly unsolved.

I wonder what is considered the most famous unsolved?
Most would say Jack the Ripper in terms of serial killer, another is the Zodiac Killer. There are quite a few, which is crazy.

Why you tryna invoke my wife's ghost tour spirit by dragging me into this!? 😆

We've done all of them. Everywhere we go. Unlike @Jank I actually prefer the walking New Orleans ones because you put me in a carriage and I will eventually get on the forum my phone and then I'm in trouble. Best to keep me busy so I look more engaged. Lol

I love them. Usually a great after dinner walk at least and generally you learn some history about a city.

Forgot that we also did the one in Fredericksburg, TX which was interesting. Though the tour guide admitted that he thinks the stories have become more and more exaggerated as the years have gone by.

We were staying in an old apartment AirBNB on main street there, so I asked the tour guide to make up some story about where we were staying to scare my wife. He did not, but there was some kind of incident at the place next to ours.

Back