Geneva National. ( Help wanted)

JRod

Reaction score
Handicap
4.2 USGA
My wife and I are planning on spending our anniversary at the ridge in Geneva Wisconsin. I'm looking for options with golf.

Is Geneva National worth it or should I look elsewhere? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Hawks view is really good and pretty close. Some of the courses in delavan are good but cheaper.
Those would probly be some of your best bets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawks view is really good and pretty close. Some of the courses in delavan are good but cheaper.
Those would probly be some of your best bets.

At the risk of sounding pretentious when I go on vacations I like to play the best options, regardless of price. (Except for Kohler, 7k for 4 nights)

Thank you for the suggestions! Keep them coming!

If you are looking for an inexpensive course I played Majestic Oaks at Lake Lawn Lodge last weekend and was really surprised how much I liked it. We had a 6:30 tee time but tee'd off at 6:10. Not once did we catch or even see anyone but a few holes ahead of us and never even came within 2 holes of anyone catching us and we were done by 9:20. Course ran $30 with cart and worth every penny. Holes 11(par 3) and 12(par 5) are beautiful right along Lake Delavan. Already looking forward to going back and playing in the next few weeks!

At the risk of sounding pretentious when I go on vacations I like to play the best options, regardless of price. (Except for Kohler, 7k for 4 nights)

Thank you for the suggestions!

Ah. Gotcha. I usually have to stay away from the top of the line ones. I've never played Geneva national but have always heard great things about it.
Hawks view is pretty solid for sure. It's one of my favorites but probly isn't as good as Geneva national.

My wife and I are planning on spending our anniversary at the ridge in Geneva Wisconsin. I'm looking for options with golf.

Is Geneva National worth it or should I look elsewhere? Thanks in advance!

I played the Palmer course once and I thought it was great. That was a while ago though.

I second Hawksview!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I third Hawks View for day 2. Have heard great things about Geneva National.

Three courses. All very good. I haven't played there. But a few of my family members have and all spoke very highly of the resort and the courses. I may be up there next year. If you end up there give us a detailed revie w. Have fun wherever you go.

I have played all three and I really liked all of them! You can't go wrong playing Geneva National or even Grand Geneva!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Thanks guys!

You are not that far from Erin Hills...in case you are willing to drive say 90 minutes.

If you are looking for an inexpensive course I played Majestic Oaks at Lake Lawn Lodge last weekend and was really surprised how much I liked it. We had a 6:30 tee time but tee'd off at 6:10. Not once did we catch or even see anyone but a few holes ahead of us and never even came within 2 holes of anyone catching us and we were done by 9:20. Course ran $30 with cart and worth every penny. Holes 11(par 3) and 12(par 5) are beautiful right along Lake Delavan. Already looking forward to going back and playing in the next few weeks!

Played there back in 03 - had a HIO on #11, was playing about 157, flew it just past the hole and it sucked back in.

I really like all three courses at Geneva National. Honestly I like the Palmer the least and it gets the most attention. You can't really go wrong at the property though. I have played both at Grand Geneva and find them grossly over priced. If you can get on the brute for <75 bucks it's worth taking a look but I far prefer the Geneva National courses. Hawks View is a great reco and you can usually get on with cart for <50 bucks. I have hear Abbey Springs is good but we have never played it because they don't have tee times till after 7:30 or something and we usually tee at 6am on vacation to get back to the wives and kiddos.

I play all 3 at Geneva National and if you can get a great deal at Hawks View mix it in.

Love Geneva National and Hawks View is great too and I am also available if you need a 4th

OK guys looks like plans changed and I'll be staying at grand Geneva. Anyone interested in a Saturday round. I'm also playing Friday with the wife. Is one course easier or better than the other?

OK guys looks like plans changed and I'll be staying at grand Geneva. Anyone interested in a Saturday round. I'm also playing Friday with the wife. Is one course easier or better than the other?

The Brute is "better" and Highlands is much more friendly for a beginning golfer (IMO). Just as an aside, the area is relatively small and you can get to any of the courses mentioned earlier in the thread in less than 20 min, if you don't want to be bound to those options.

So Saturday the 24th who's in and where we wanna play? I would love to play either Geneva National or this place but if anyone has a better suggestion I'm open.

If I'm still in the area I would definetly play on the 24th. I've been wanting to play those courses forever.

Just tried to book a tee time for Friday for the brute and it's booked solid. That's impressive for a non holiday Friday but sad too.

Just tried to book a tee time for Friday for the brute and it's booked solid. That's impressive for a non holiday Friday but sad too.

Was the other big courses available? I believe the Brute is part of the complex that's overly expensive... Albeit the old Playboy resort..

Was the other big courses available? I believe the Brute is part of the complex that's overly expensive... Albeit the old Playboy resort..
Yah grand Geneva that's where we're staying.

The highlands is available at 4 but I've heard it's not worth the price.

Back