Game Golf Revival? - Game Golf KZN

TRyan

Granddaddy 2X | GOAT Cup Champ | Gray Bull Bound
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I kind of forgot about Game Golf, even though I used to own one, but I just got this e-mail from them about a new product they are launching.

Dear Taylor:

I’m pleased to introduce myself as the CEO of Inpixon, a world leader in the indoor intelligence and location technology industry, and the new parent company to Game Golf. For more than 15 years, I have served in executive-level roles at Inpixon (formerly Sysorex), tapping into the $12 billion industry of indoor positioning and data analytics. I am very excited now to be a part of the Game Golf family.

Since our acquisition of Game Golf in 2021, we have spent significant time and resources completely reenergizing the platform with next-level technology and a best-in-class user interface, which we can’t wait for you to experience. It’s my pleasure to keep you updated on this exciting new direction the company is taking.

In the interest of complete transparency, I want to address the understandable frustrations some users have been experiencing. The Game Golf Mission has always been to provide cutting-edge technology to help you improve your game with personalized performance data. With the vast improvements in technology and steady growth in usership since launching in 2014, it was time for Game Golf to perform a complete revamp of our digital infrastructure and servers to create the next generation of Game Golf.

Last month, Game Golf successfully completed a major upgrade of the technology infrastructure that powers the platform. This has solved many of the recurring issues that were impacting the reliability of our platform and services. In the coming days and months, additional new upgrades will continue to enhance our product and platform. These infrastructure and technological improvements will include launching a robust new digital platform with a dashboard that is more visual, gamified, and user friendly. This will allow you to dive deeper into your data and stats analysis to help improve your game more quickly and efficiently.

In March 2023, we will be launching a new product, Game Golf KZN. This device has automatic shot detection, i.e., no requirement to tag your shot. Game Golf KZN will have an updated pricing structure, incorporating an annual subscription, making Game Golf the most affordable and technically advanced system in the space while elevating the user experience across the board. We can’t wait for you to see it!

Once Game Golf KZN is launched, we will also be implementing a subscription charge for Game Golf Live users of $9.99 per month, charged on an annual basis (payment of $119.88), from that date. We will be sending you a further email over the coming weeks which will set out the steps you can follow to acquire your subscription and, should you wish, upgrade your device to a Game Golf KZN. Unfortunately, without making the subscription payment you will not be able to access your account. However, your data and stats will be retained on our platform and available for review when your account is reactivated.

The subscription will entitle you access to new features and a substantially enhanced dashboard facilitated by the new platform. The subscription will also include the use of Smart Caddie, our digital caddie that recommends clubs and hole strategy based on your previously tracked performance. This will allow you to keep all your existing data and stats and continue to build the foundation for future game improvement.

We are very excited to continue having you be a part of Game Golf and experience the next generation platform and device that will help you improve your game even more.

If you have any questions in relation to this communication, please send us an email to [email protected] and our Customer Support Team will be happy to respond directly to you.

Sincerely,

Nadir Ali
CEO – Inpixon/Game Golf

Thoughts?

Summary:

Our product stinks, you roasted us and I apologize. We have something new and plan to charge a subscription going forward.

Correct

I just threw my old system out yesterday. There is less than 0% chance I even entertain these folks again after how they abruptly just discontinued everything. Kick rocks....

To me - Any sort of subscription is a non-starter since Shotscope works so well and doesn't require a monthly subscription

That was the first thing I thought of too.

To me - Any sort of subscription is a non-starter since Shotscope works so well and doesn't require a monthly subscription
That's is my thought as well. For some reason (because I'm not familiar) this sounds like something indoors from the first paragraphs then it's an industry leader in pricing when it's not and then there are already at least two products with huge bases that do something like this.

Having never heard of these people I'm probably going to remain very happily ignorant and play my lovable SS V3 until it's time for an upgrade and then look to see what else they have available.

Here we go again.

Summary:

Our product stinks, you roasted us and I apologize. We have something new and plan to charge a subscription going forward.
Absolutely insane that the company think this appropriate considering competitors in the market place. Screams of quick money grab as the company fades to black.

Haha I can't believe they are going to attempt a comeback with a subscription service

I got GG when it originally came out and whilst it had its flaws it was a good bit of kit when it worked however they way they have treated customers over the last couple of years was pathetic. To then receive this email today with the new product and the subscription service is going to be a pretty hard sell to anyone who is an existing customer. I moved over to Shot Scope and more than happy with it so it'll be a hard pass for me.

Unfortunately, without making the subscription payment you will not be able to access your account.
That stinks. They should grandfather in existing users with access to older data.

Charge me for anything new? Fine.

" I’m pleased to introduce myself as the CEO "

I'm sure you are Nadir. Very Bob Parsons of you

If you are going to make a comeback, it better be good. There are other companies out there that have really done well in this space, I'm wondering how many of their previous customers have made a leap to one of those companies.

If you are going to make a comeback, it better be good. There are other companies out there that have really done well in this space, I'm wondering how many of their previous customers have made a leap to one of those companies.

I think that they Had a decent product like 6 years ago. There are lots of options for shot tracking now.
I am moving away from Arccos to Shotscope to get away from the Subscription fee.

Summary:

The idea of how it went down, with no communication to paying customers, etc. Then saying it was just technical issues, before vanishing with no response tells me how bad this new intro is.

Go to media first. Tell the story of what happened. Apologize for that failure by a different group, and announce the changes you have made to insure it won’t happen again.

I had the original GG and used it for several years, and the Dashboard was pretty decent for its time. Tagging the device became a part of my pre-shot routine fairly quickly. The only issue I had with it was the fact that anytime you "tagged" the putter, it always placed that shot on the green. I switched to Shot Scope when they had all their problems and haven't looked back!

Game Golf was actually a nice product. I still prefer some of its features and ways the interface works over Shot Scope... but there are features Shot Scope has that I like better than Game Golf. mix the 2 and you'd have a perfect product.

That's a big fat no for me.. at that point why not just go to a trusted system like arccos

Back