G-Trak Retractable Impact Screen

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
If you spend any time reading through the #GarageSimCrew thread on the THP forums you’ll quickly see just how creative people can get when setting up their indoor golf space. For most of the us, the reality is that we have to find a way to repurpose space in our homes for golf. In many cases, we don’t have the luxury of making our indoor golf area a permanent fixture. At a previous house, I was constantly setting up and tearing down my “tent-stakes” net so that my wife could park her car in the garage, and while it wasn’t an excruciating chore, it was just annoying enough to deter me from practicing as often as I should have.

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Homecourse after tinkering with various nets and screens. This is lower cost and looks like a great option paired with a side mount garage door opener. Great review too!

Just a cool product overall and a great way to add sim capabilities when you don’t have the room.

Great write up Hawk

Nice write up. This is pretty cool and the fact that the install piggybacks off of the existing garage door rails is smart. Curious, as the net/screen wears out, wonder if you can just find a replacement for that with any screen or net, or if you’d have to purchase the entire set up again.

Seems like a great way to maximize space, a lot of retractable projection screens so guess it was a matter of time till they got beefed up for a sim screen.

This is a very cool setup and one that could really bring more to the Garage Sim Crew.
I am pretty sure @Mmaynard11 needs one of these.

This is a very cool setup and one that could really bring more to the Garage Sim Crew.
I am pretty sure @Mmaynard11 needs one of these.
Funny thing you mention as I was already looking at them. I struggle with placement as the garage door opener would be in my swing path which has caused me to flip my set up around where I can swing freely without worrying about overhead objects. I am sure I could make it work for sure.

Now it’s time to dive into the article @Hawk wrote up.

Does the screen need to be centered in the garage of can it be positioned towards one side of the arms?

A good option for retractable without much DIY experience. Can easily move the mat closer for wedge practice as I think the top net is a little short for that. Or add additional protection above the rails so the garage door could still function without removal of that as well. Could still get up and over the roller, but ways around that. All other sports probably wouldn't be a concern.

Side mounted GDO is a glorious change and gets that out of the swing path too. Wish I had switched to that long ago even if I hadn't built a sim.

The wall brackets are a fantastic option as well and opens up more placement and/or rooms to use it in.

Solid options and great write-up @Hawk !

Awesome write up Hawk! I think these are so cool and open up the home SIM options immensely!

I gotta start off saying I love this idea. I'm just curious on durability and will definitely being keep an eye on reviews for that.

If it works as advertised and holds up this could be a game changer for a lot of people.

Another great write up @Hawk.

This looks to be a great option for those of us not fortunate enough to be able to have a permanent setup.

That’s pretty cool. I can see this being quite popular.

Nice write up @Hawk i kind of want one. Seems like it would make my space a little easier to use as a multi purpose area and definitely easier than the set up and take down of nets constantly

Nice write up @Hawk i kind of want one. Seems like it would make my space a little easier to use as a multi purpose area and definitely easier than the set up and take down of nets constantly
I can't tell you how much I hate taking down nets.

It's not my favourite thing to do either.
I've owned some of the tent-stake versions that you ball up in a circle. They never end up right. So frustrating!

Great write-up @Hawk! Really like the way this one looks, and might be an option for me in the future!

Great write-up @Hawk! Really like the way this one looks, and might be an option for me in the future!
This would fit really well in your space, actually.

Funny thing you mention as I was already looking at them. I struggle with placement as the garage door opener would be in my swing path which has caused me to flip my set up around where I can swing freely without worrying about overhead objects. I am sure I could make it work for sure.

Now it’s time to dive into the article @Hawk wrote up.
Side mount garage door opener? Yes, additional cost, but…

This would fit really well in your space, actually.
Once the new garage door/opener shows up they are raising the rails a bit too 🤔. I'll have to do some digging on this one.

Definitely a convenient set up to save space. I was looking at these when I was doing my garage set up but cost was a factor. If I go down the upgrade route later this will be something I will be considering.

Side mount garage door opener? Yes, additional cost, but…
Yes that is a cost I’ve factored in as well. Question is it does this make set up quicker for me?

Back