G/Fore Gallivan2r Shoes

OldandStiff

AlsoBald
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+
Starting a separate threat for these instead of the general brand ones that are a bit scattered.

1000055640.jpg

I ordered these 2 on opening day and I'm excited to try them. Who else is in?!

Little different construction on these. T.P.U. was used in quite a few shoes last year and I mostly liked its application. It's easy to wipe down/clean.

Price point feels like it's hit the masses a little better, but I'm curious about the side sole and overall comfort and stability.

Def interested them. The TPU is nice, prob makes them easier to keep clean etc..

Def interested them. The TPU is nice, prob makes them easier to keep clean etc..
Rough count I think I have 5 pair that use it right now. Easy to clean and seems to make them last longer. First pair has seen a couple years of serious action.

Those aren't terrible.

Those aren't terrible.
Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

😆

That’s a really well done IG add. I’m a colors guy so I absolutely love that these are “business on top, party down below” kinda vibe.

I was curious about construction bc they don’t look like your typical ‘traditional shoe’. I need to try these on to see if they have that pinching in the toes feeling I get with some traditional models.

I could see myself wearing these. It’s going to sound ridiculous to most but my mind is running wild with how cool they would look on video after a competed swing!

That’s a really well done IG add. I’m a colors guy so I absolutely love that these are “business on top, party down below” kinda vibe.

I was curious about construction bc they don’t look like your typical ‘traditional shoe’. I need to try these on to see if they have that pinching in the toes feeling I get with some traditional models.

I could see myself wearing these. It’s going to sound ridiculous to most but my mind is running wild with how cool they would look on video after a competed swing!
1. Agree. It's a well done ad.

2. A guy told me "you'll never see the bottom though." Response: I'll see it in every video. *finish pose *nodwink 😆

1. Agree. It's a well done ad.

2. A guy told me "you'll never see the bottom though." Response: I'll see it in every video. *finish pose *nodwink 😆
dog comedy GIF by CBC

Brought forth images of Candy Land game board.

I might pick some up when they add their color and flair to these, the prints and other styles appeal to me, even the duo boa, but some of these, like these colors, just seem a bit plain for them

Starting a separate threat for these instead of the general brand ones that are a bit scattered.

View attachment 9240457

I like these. Might have snag them my son's coach wears gfore and loves them. Also @PackersGirl husband loves his 🤣🤣

I might pick some up when they add their color and flair to these, the prints and other styles appeal to me, even the duo boa, but some of these, like these colors, just seem a bit plain for them
Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

Plain?

These look great. I recently purchased a pair of MG4+, so if I like those out on the course, I may be in.

1000057105.jpg

And we're off!

Man I love my OG Galivanter’s and now you have me shopping for the 2’s err!!! Those look great and like that they are more white than the previous versions.
They're a narrower fit as you'd expect with them, but suit me well and feel broke in after only about 6 holes. The nubbies inside feel fantastic. I wear inserts like that all the time.

View attachment 9240457

Last I checked, they didn't have the wides in stock yet... will have to check again. I love my G/Fore shoes.

After playing thoughts -

Fit - They're a more narrow fit. They tell you that. Size up or go wide accordingly. And they come laced very tight. So had to loosen that right off the bat. And they feel just a tad stiff at first. They break in very fast though. Would never know they were new in terms of comfort after a handful of holes.

Wear - Classic? And stable. They have a wider rim and it comes through as you twist and rotate. 👍🏻

Traction - Seemed solid enough. Didn't have any issues. I don't think it's as aggressive as it looks though with all the colored discs. Seemed good.

Waterproof - 💯 Like a duck's butt.

End comfort - Feet felt good at the end of the round. Like I mentioned I use an insert in most of my shoes. Tired Soles I think it's called. Little bumps that massage your feet. Similar thing in the middle of these insoles. No top of the foot issues from where the toe section bends as you walk. No heel pain. All good.

Durability - TBD. Stayed pretty clean despite the conditions. What little stayed wiped off easy. No mud soaked in our stained. I'm curious how the TPU will hold up at the crease/bend point in the long run.

Gripes - Left shoe came untied twice.

Fun Factor -10/10!

Last edited:
Continue to enjoy these. Anyone else take the plunge?

I have had my eye on these this year. Following this to see thoughts

Continue to enjoy these. Anyone else take the plunge?
Have never owned G-Fore shoes but fan of their style but have never seen a pair on the golf course up here. @OldandStiff , have you walked 18 holes in them? I walk most rounds, half of which are in heavy dew so waterproofing and comfort are paramount to me. I also like easy cleanup as walking in all conditions in early morning dew can get them rather dirty and a wipe down is essential after each round.

Your comment about waterproofing of this shoe is big plus but walking a hilly course for 18 holes in pain free comfort is a must. As I get older, I find my feet are complaining more such that some of my Footjoys have been relegated to cart golf only which is very rare. Interested to hear your thoughts.

Back