Fujikura AXIOM Iron Shafts

I want exact order and shipping dates right now!

Pricey... no thanks

They look nice but over double the cost of a very good preforming Dart. I’d go Dart for that reason alone.

Would people be able to go through the wedges with these?

hearing that the price on these might not be so bad if you have a guy, and i think a lot of us have a guy. i saw about 1.5x what recoils go for on golfworks. still spendy, but not as bad i originally thought.

i wouldn’t mind trying the 105s. maybe even 125 in wedges.

20230215_232157.jpg

Low torque and same butt diameter throughout. Interesting.

Very cool. Love seeing where iron shafts are going. These sound very interesting.

These look pretty cool but extremely pricey although will wait for comparison testing in particular robot testing (consistent speed, etc) would be pretty cool. Not looking forward though to the BS when they “potentially “roll out the non-Velocore models through OEM’s.

I don’t like the idea that a lot of non-golf nerds who paid a premium for the Ventus name thinking they got the real deal and didn’t. Sometimes I bet they did find out but was too late.

If you have been following Tour golf for the past two years, then you have undoubtedly seen Fujikura’s Ventus and Ventus TR shafts front and center any time you turn the television on to watch. That success is centered around their VeloCore design which is the key to the real Ventus shafts out there, and it has continued to rack up the accolades and the wins.

However, we aren’t here for Ventus wood shafts, we’re here for AXIOM, and that means iron shafts.

Continue reading...
Great article. Definitely intrigued. Excited to learn more and maybe try these out sine day.

I've only tried the fake ventus shafts so far. I'll likely try these in 105 and 75 for some fun.

They look nice but over double the cost of a very good preforming Dart. I’d go Dart for that reason alone.
As big of a golf shaft geek as I am i totally agree with this. The one difference is axiom comes in a heavier weight not available in dart. At least not yet. A 120 gram dart shaft would be absolute money.

So many good options under $50-75 in graphite iron shafts these days. Just no way I'd pay $100+ for these. They look great and probably perform just as nice, but justifying the added expense would be pretty tough for me & my budget/skillset.

Video this morning on YT one of the Fuji guys talking about how ion their testing they launch a little higher with a bit more spin vs. steel. No shocker. Also said though that 'they hold steel swing weight at steel length, was has always been hard to achieve in composite iron shafts'. So that bit got my attention.

With the popularity of the Ventus driver line up, this makes a lot of sense. Seems like a natural progression. You like your Ventus driver shaft, then try it in your irons.

I asked and found out these will only be available through Fuji authorized club fitters. Think Club Champion etc.. These will not be available for DIY purchase.

Just thought I would share that. Bit of a bummer but I guess I kind of get it too. With them being .370 parallel tip you would have to tip then trim then install, I am personally not that confident in my ability to build them correctly. I understand it is probably a simple enough job but I personally dont trust myself with a pricey part like this. So I think Fuji is looking to avoid these same issues and then deal with complaints. Better to just have people go back to the builder had have them deal with it.

I am sure plenty will still be able to get their hands on them to build at home if they feel confident enough to do it.

very intrigued by these. would love to compare them vs the LA L-series which has been the best iron shaft ive personally played

Hardest thing so far ive noticed with the LA's is trying to dial in swing weight. Without added weight my Fourteen's came in at C6-7. Lots of powder and tip weights in there now to get them just to D2
Do you find that adding that much extra weight to hosel area changes playability of the club. As in changing the way you deliver the face.

Do you find that adding that much extra weight to hosel area changes playability of the club. As in changing the way you deliver the face.
1000% yes. Ive had 5 sets with LA shafts. On 2 of them the build came out noticeably lighter and needed alot of weight added to the tip section. With both sets I noticed a big increase in shaft deflection causing my timing to be off and and chunk alot of shots. It made it feel like a completely different shaft. Also a lot more low pull hooks. I sold both of those sets within 2 weeks of getting them built

My current set of PXG Gen5 has LA's in them also but it will be the last set I play with graphite for a while. This set has very good balance and build but any future sets I'll be going back to steel

Yes, would just order multiple of the short parallel shafts.
Can you get a demo 125 to try out for us? I do like the profile.

In case anyone missed one of the fitters that got to try them and we be fitting with them mentioning it, the 125X is apparently 130g.

I decided to go with the DG X7 in 4 iron. I think when these come out they could be comparable trying head to head.

Last edited:
anyone actually try these yet?

Back