Dent you beat me to it...I was actually adding the press release as you hit submit. Here it is for those that want to read it.

Titleist, Golf’s Symbol of Excellence, announces an opportunity for golfers to secure a complimentary copy of author Pete McDaniel’s, “Uneven Lies: The Heroic Story of African-Americans in Golf.” The offer coincides with the Golf Channel’s presentation of the groundbreaking documentary, "Uneven Fairways”, which features the pioneering efforts of Ted Rhodes, Charlie Sifford, Lee Elder and others. The books will be available at no charge while supplies last through titleist.com.

The stories in “Uneven Lies” are both inspirational and tragic, and a balanced look into life on the black golf tours, which were not so much an alternative as an invention born of necessity. McDaniel salutes these men and women of color for their hard road to glory and contributions to golf. Rather than give up on their dreams, they built their own courses, their own tour, and ultimately, their own place in history.

According to McDaniel, he received a call from Titleist, expressing the company’s desire to produce a documentary on African-American golf. The proposed documentary morphed into the authoritative book on the subject: “Uneven Lies: The Heroic Story of African-Americans in Golf,” which was released in 2000. The documentary project was revived in 2005, and completed in 2008. It will now be the centerpiece of this month’s Golf Channel coverage during Black History Month.

To order a complimentary copy of “Uneven Lies: The Heroic Story of African-Americans in Golf,” please visit: http://www.titleist.com/UnevenLies.asp

That is very cool of Titleist. I signed up.

Thanks Dent and JB!

nice. 4-6 weeks.

Just signed up for mine...thanks for the heads up and thanks to Titleist for the offer.

I signed up for a copy.

just ordered

I signed up. I'm going to sign up at work tomorrow and have one delivered there too (might make a good present!).

I'm in.

Who's going to post the first book report? :D

I got it. Thanks guys!

I am pretty impressed that Titleist would do this. Kudos to them... However I hope its not just a one time act to gain a little publicity because of the topic of the book. If so... it will reinforce my opinion of Titleist as a whole.

"(free shipping in US - unfortunately, we are unable to ship to addresses outside the U.S.)"

Oh well guess that leaves me out :bad:

Dent,
I have asked them to send us a few extra ones, if they do, I will send you one if you would like.

I can send you and Mike the other copy I get GolfGirl.

did it, wishfully orbitz would lend titleist their hovercraft and it would come sooner

Thanks for the link Dent.

looking forward to the book... it's a shame about the shipping time.

DD,
Most companies when giving things away put out long shipping times. In reality things usually come much faster. But this will keep people (some people) from emailing every week and asking "where is my book".

DD,
Most companies when giving things away put out long shipping times. In reality things usually come much faster. But this will keep people (some people) from emailing every week and asking "where is my book".

I completely agree... I just assumed Titleist would want to get their books out and delivered within the month of February, being Black History Month and all...

Just signed up at work too. Probably could have done it from home last night when I used my home address, but just in case they check ip addresses . . . which I doubt, but what the heck.

I've got me a copy coming too. Thanks for the tip Dent.

Back