Found my Bride, but Some Guy Got Her Before Me.

Desmond

Let's have fun.
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So what if your bride to be said, "I wanna do this..."

Lucky Man?

Or I'll be your caddy, Hon, for the rest of my life.

BTW, love her shoes. Dressed appropriately.

Last edited:
we tried. They wouldn't let Jenn tee off, but we do have photos of her in her wedding dress rolling putts on the putting green with me tending the flag haha

Love it !!

Heck of a swing she's got too!!

Meh, golf is my thing. I'll play a 9 hole fun round with the wife a couple times a year but really golf for me. Her interests are for her. I would only caddy if there was a check at the end of it. :ROFLMAO:

Very cool

This is actually a hotly debated topic in my group. Some think having a wife/gf that plays would be awesome, others really love their time away from the wife on the golf course. Some also think you can mix them both but after decades of marriage I think all you'd be doing is introducing one more source of potential friction.

This is actually a hotly debated topic in my group. Some think having a wife/gf that plays would be awesome, others really love their time away from the wife on the golf course. Some also think you can mix them both but after decades of marriage I think all you'd be doing is introducing one more source of potential friction.
I see a combination of all of these at my club haha. Seems like most have an understanding though that sometimes they will play together in certain groups or for couples league but on other days they guys will play and the ladies will play in their own group. When they get inside then they may sit together at a table or keep them split up. Seems like the happiest ones are the ones that give each other space some of the time.

I think when it comes to traveling together, having a built-in partner for each other would be great. But we all need our space. Women will have their own social golf groups as guys do. Part of marriage is being apart to keep the desire for each other. And that means giving space. Dr. Jerry is here for you.:ROFLMAO:

Not to mentionBut it appears she is swinging a Titleist driver there!

Never would have happened - so i opted for a non-golf wedding venue. Why be disapointed haha - her thoughts were you do not need to be married near golf! you might not make the ceremony.

I'd settle for my wife just driving the cart. I like spending time with her and she likes spending time with me but she has no interest in golf.:confused2:

We took a couple of photos but they wouldn't let us tee off. They did allow us on the 18th green (adjacent to the clubhouse) but we quickly realized her heels were "aerating" the green

My wedding reception was at McPherson Country Club but still have never played golf there!

we tried. They wouldn't let Jenn tee off, but we do have photos of her in her wedding dress rolling putts on the putting green with me tending the flag haha

That is amazing. Though I must say, letting the bride not do something seems like a no-no. Feels like that was a definite ask for forgiveness and not permission haha

We are closing in on 20 years of marriage. Maybe I should give her the gift of me on a 2 week golfing trip to Scotland?

Pretty awesome. My wife would've looked at me like I slapped her moth if I mentioned golf on our wedding day. 🤣

i would absolutely love it if my wife would pick up the game and go play 9 holes with me, then have a couple drinks and some dinner. sure we get on each other's nerves at times, but she's my best friend and there's no one in this world i'd rather hang out with than her.

I think we'll be in Vegas for her birthday, and we were married there.. maybe we need to renew, and add some new golf related vows with something like this!?

I think we'll be in Vegas for her birthday, and we were married there.. maybe we need to renew, and add some new golf related vows with something like this!?

Just buy her some colorful golf shoes if she wears a gown.:love:

Just buy her some colorful golf shoes if she wears a gown.:love:
Oh, she has plenty of those! Just grabbed a new pair on Sunday. lol

I get what some guys are saying about the time away, my hobby, meet up at the club restaurant or not, etc. but I see and play with most of the golf guys throughout my week usually. On the weekend I want to play and eat and laugh with my wife. And I consider myself lucky that she wants that too.

I can’t think of anything worse than being married to someone that wanted to play golf.

Back