Forum Testing Signup - The SCOR System

Wow this is so exciting, I have been anticipating these wedges for a long time! Big thanks to THP and SCOR!

1. What wedges do you normally play? A beginner set (cougar) pw and an old cheapo sand wedge and a 58* CG15
2. Are your clubs fit for your game?No, as I am still growing there isn't any point for me to get fit right now
3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry? 3, although I really need a Gap wedge, PW Sw and 58* also I don't have the proper degrees, my sw should be a 54 to fit better in my set
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? A soft feel and good spin, ability to play from any lie.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?I am a very active THP member and plan to give reviews on chipping, full swings, 3/4 swings, and versatility. I would compare this mostly to my cg15 being my only name brand wedge.

1. What wedges do you normally play? Just recently switched to the TaylorMade xFT, 52* & 56* also carry a Cleveland CG12 60*
2. Are your clubs fit for your game? No, fortunately for me I hit the xFT's off the rack quite nicely.
3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry? I carry 4 wedges, PW, 52*, 56*, 60*.
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? Look for them to be versatile, so that I can use them from a variety of lies/conditions. I like to have a good weight to it, with a nice feel in hand. Switched to the xFT's as I felt they were a bit heavier in hand than what I had been playing, and have seen impressive results in the short game.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I get to the course every Wednesday and Sunday for rounds of 18, and usually get out for a round of 9 on Saturday morning. I hit the practice area/driving range at least once, if not twice a week in the evenings. I am on THP daily, and post as often as I can, hopefully adding quality information to the rest of the community.

Another great opportunity from THP and now SCOR!!!! I looked over this website when this was first talked about. I am very intrigued with this system. It would be great to test these out.

1. What wedges do you normally play? Taylormade xFT and RAC
2. Are your clubs fit for your game? No, I wish they were, but I bought them used.
3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry? 4: PW, AW, 56*, 60*
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? I look for clubs that are easy to hit, and that are forgiving on mishits. My shortgame is the one spot that I have trouble with the most, and what I practice on the most.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I would put these clubs into play twice a week, during my league and on the weekends when I play with my stepdad. I also visit the range and putting/chipping green twice a week, as well as practicing my short game in my back yard. I am on THP daily and would give daily/weekly updates on my success with these clubs, as well as discuss my testing on Facebook.

1. What wedges do you normally play?
I use the PW and GW from my Mizuno JPX-800 Pro set. they are a 45 and 50. I use a 52 cg15, 56 volkey, 58 jaws.
2. Are your clubs fit for your game?
Not at the moment. I am working of getting the wedges gapped correctly.
3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry?
Five at the moment
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs?
Comfort, accuracy, dependable
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
I can test at my local course at least 3 times for rounds and can hit the range between them. I can post frequent updates on the forum and am in the process of creating a Twitter account.

Very interesting! Very cool of SCOR Golf to hook up with THP for another wicked testing opportunity!

1. What wedges do you normally play? TaylorMade xFT 50* and 58* with a 54* sitting on the bench at the moment
2. Are your clubs fit for your game? Kind off. My irons have a static fit shaft that were tested for length and lie, but not officially fit. Wedges were not fit, but do have the upgraded Spinner shafts for some extra spin.
3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry? Currently 3, but used to carry 4
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? Feel and acuracy mostly. A little extra distance is a good thing too.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I live ten minutes from a range and usually play once a week until the temps up here begin to fall. I'd like to think I'm a fairly active member, with nearly 6000 posts.

Thanks THP and SCOR Golf for this awesome opportunity!

ScorGolf seems to have found that gap we all look for when we are between clubs (golf's reading betwen the lines). Just the other day I was between a hard PW or easy 9. It would have been nice to have a club in between. Based on what I read on the website, we now may have that choice. This will be fun to read about or possibly experience. Thanks to THP for bringing us this new company ScorGolf.
1. What wedges do you normally play?I am currently playing a 53* Mizuno, 56* Nike VR Pro and 60* Vokey
2. Are your clubs fit for your game? I bought them off the rack and made some changes to fit my game, adjusted lofts and lie angle. Next step is to put new shafts in. So do they work for game, yes. Are they completely fit for my, not excatly.
3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry?I carry 4 wedges most of the time. But there are some courses I play that only require 3 and an additional club, 3 iron or hybrid
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? My short game is all feel, from 140 and in, I am gaging my shots. So I look for head weight, good grooves to produce spin, feel (missed shots, pured shots, heal shots, toe shots) I guess this would be more along the lines of responsiveness. I have to like what I am looking at, I am visual with my clubs. I want to feel I am swinging an instrument.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I guess it will all depend on what clubs I get fit for. I am not sure what top expect in the SCorfit part of the testing but that will determine what clubs I test and how I test them. I know that a great deal of time will spent on the short game. Hitting various shots from 150 and in. I will take them out for some real time action to see what I am working with and see if they fill in the gaps. I'll have to make some controlled swings with my coach and see what kind of feed back we get. I will also look for opinions from those I play with or run into on the range.
I am very active with in the THP family. I am on THP or a regular basis, I contribute with post and well as topics. I angage in spirited debates and have a laugh or two form time to time. I'll be a part of the famous THP outing next May and have organized a gathering of Florida THPrsso we can all meet and play. I will continue o support THP and its companies as long as I am able.

Thanks again for the oppurtunity THP and ScorGolf.

Yet another fantastic testing opportunity from THP and SCOR! This going to be a great thread to follow.

1. What wedges do you normally play? Cleveland CG-16's

2. Are your clubs fit for your game? They're supposed to be, but I'm wondering

3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry? 4-PW,GW 46*, 50.10, and 56.14

4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? Green-side control and reliable results from various types of shots, good feel and versatility, and above all, confidence.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I plan to put these clubs through the paces on a 110-115yd practice hole at a local course, trying out all the various shots from the worst possible spots around the green, flop shots, mid-sole pitches, and "back foot spinning wedge" pitches, as well as full shots. Lot's of video and pics, along with my impressions of the clubs. My activity level is fairly high on THP since joining not very long ago.

EDIT: I would like to retract my submission. I cannot guarantee I will be able to use the clubs as much as I hope. Something has come up.

Last edited:
Have fun with this one guys. Sounds very interesting!

Oh awesome! I loved the Eidolon wedges I tried at the outing and I am excited to see what the SCOR wedges are like. I am more than happy to throw my name in the hat!

1. What wedges do you normally play? CG14 GW and CG15 55º and 60º
2. Are your clubs fit for your game? They are OTR except for minor adjustments to loft and lie as I need.
3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry? 4
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? Versatility and feel. Something that I will love to hold every day as I practice the short game more than any other aspect of my golf game.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I try to practice the short game at least twice a week and I play at least one round of 18 a week and 1-2 9 hole rounds. Testing will be a lot of greenside practice with Tour level balls as well as Burner Tour balls. Of course, on the course feedback will be given every time I play. My activity level will remain high.

Thanks to SCOR Golf for allowing the THP Community to test the SCOR System of fitting and clubs. I went through the SCOR Fit process a few minutes ago, and really liked the way it used your exact current iron set to help identify the lofts and distances the user needed.

I'm currently playing TaylorMade xFT wedges (54 and 58 deg loft).

Yes, the length and lie angles are the result of a club fitting. I was fit for +1/2" length and 2 degrees upright.

Four - PW and AW of the TaylorMade Burner 2.0 set, and the aforementioned 54 and 58 degree TaylorMade xFT wedges.

The main thing I look for with my scoring clubs is the ability to repeat solid contact and get consistant carry distances as well as the ball releasing similarly shot after shot.

I can test the clubs at the range once or twice a week, and on the course three to four times per month. I really enjoy practicing my scoring clubs as it is an area I'm trying to get more consistant with. I am on THP and posting almost every day.

Are you guys sneaking peaks into Hackers bags lately? New wedges are on top of my list and I would be honored to test these out!!! Thanks THP & SCOR!

1. What wedges do you normally play? Cleveland CG-12 50, CG-14 54 & 58
2. Are your clubs fit for your game? Yes, by local Cleveland Rep.
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? A bit of forgiveness, my miss is generally out near the toe of the club. A heavy solid feel and consistent lofts.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? These will be tested on the course at least twice a week plus short game practice sessions. Logged onto THP almost every day and will report my findings after each round or practice session

Either as a tester or reader I look forward to this round of product testing!!

1. What wedges do you normally play? Nike Victory Red Forged Black Wedges
2. Are your clubs fit for your game? They work but not sure if they fit my game, so no?
3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry? 3 Pw, Aw, Sw
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? I look for consistency.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I plan to hit the range every day (rain/shine) and dial in the distance/consistency. I'm on THP every hour of the waking day either through the cell or PC.

Lovely looking clubs! I like the looks of these and the system sounds like it makes sense....

1. What wedges do you normally play? Mizuno MPT-11 w/ KBS Tour Hi-Rev shafts
2. Are your clubs fit for your game? Yes
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? versatility
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I'm very active on THP and always give honest feedback. Testing will be done on course and on the practice area including bunkers. Testing results will be centered around shot making ability and versatility of the wedges

Very, very interesting! Been trying to add led to my wedges for years in an effort to keep the trajectory down.

1. What wedges do you normally play? TaylorMade XFT Z-TP 54 & & 60
2. Are your clubs fit for your game? Yes. Standard loft/lie.
3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry? 3.
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? Versatility first and foremost. Low trajectory, ability to control spin, versatility around the greens.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I practice a lot. Anything that I believe can make me better at my job I take very seriously. I would logically split my sessions into one for short game/specialty shots around the green and one session for approach shots from different lies. I could then update in the evening after every session, which would mean morning/mid-day for most THPers.

Q: approx. how much would the shipping fee be?

Damn those look sweet JB, especially the higher lofts! Unfortunately I'm still messing around with the R11 specs and swing, so I'm gonna hold off for another week or two before submitting my name back into testing.

Thanks to SCOR and THP for the great opportunity to whoever gets picked. Look forward to hearing this feedback.

Hopefully I qualify for the requirements! This sounds like an awesome testing opportunity.

1. What wedges do you normally play? I've moved to all Cleveland at this point. PW is part of my set (CG16), CG16 48˚ that was built with my fitted irons, CG14 56˚ bent to 54˚ and a CG14 60˚
2. Are your clubs fit for your game? Yes. The 56 & 60˚ were bought prior to fitting but were adjusted when I was fit for my irons.
3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry? Four
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? Consistent feel. Some forgiveness and the ability to generate spin. I play a lot of partial swing shots depending on the circumstances, so I like to be very aware of clubhead position in my swing. Flexibility to perform multiple shot types around the green.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I do my best to be as active as I can. Work is a slight hindrance and I only post when I feel I have something of value to offer. So, I may not be as active as some others. As for testing, I try to play at least once a week if not more. Additionally I would be taking these out for practice on a very regular basis. I spend a good amount of time around the short game area when practicing as this is the part of my game where, I think, improvement pays the largest dividends on the course.

Good luck to everyone! Thanks THP and SCOR Golf for the opportunity!

Great opportunity Thanks to The SCOR System & THP

1. What wedges do you normally play? CG16's P-G-S-L

2. Are your clubs fit for your game? Irons yes Wedges No

3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry? 4 Wedges P44,G50,S55,L60

4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? This is the worst part of my game at the time. I want to be on the Green from 120 out . If not I want to be able to chip or pitch it close for the save

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? If chosen I will play them 4-6 rounds a week. I will use them on the range to practice on how to use them effectively. Activity level is high on THP Multiple times during day several times a day. Also post On Facebook as well as Twitter.

Even though (or perhaps because) I just ordered a new wedge set from Eidolon, I would really like the opportunity to test this new setup from them. The concept is really intriguing to me. I realize I just had to drop out of another test, but upon further review with my electrician, my time limitations have all but vanished.

1. What wedges do you normally play? Currently all Cleveland, CG15 52* - CG10 56* - Reg 588 RTG 60*. Eidolon High Spin 50*, 54*, 58* steel shaft firm flex +1/2" 2* flat should ship in the next day or two (I HOPE)
2. Are your clubs fit for your game? My irons are fitted to me, and the new wedges are spec'ed to match. My putter is fitted as well, but driver etc. are not (until the 2012 outing that is).
3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry? Including my PW I carry 4 wedges. But frankly I do not look at my PW as a wedge.
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? As you can see by my current set, I looked for uhm wedges. As my game has progressed I am now looking for, and have purchased, wedges to fill the 120-and in range. Beyond that, versatility is key. I want my wedges to perform from a variety of lies close in. I tend to come up short on approaches so I rely heavily on shots from 25-or-so yards and in. Having the option to hit a low bump-n-run, or something high that stops quickly is a must for my game.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? If I'm chosen, these clubs will go immediately into the bag right along side the wedges I just ordered. I think it would be awesome to learn and compare two different wedge sets at the same time. I am not normally one to do a bunch of compare and contrast as it relates to golf reviews. I prefer to simply review an item on it's own merits. However given that I just ordered new wedges, I think it lends itself nicely to a direct comparison.

Wow! This is an amazing opportunity. When I read the press release a month ago my first thoughts were that this is the first truly revolutionary idea I have seen in the realm of wedges, and when it comes to scoring this could be HUGE. My wedges are the most important clubs in my bag and whether or not I am hitting them well will do more to determine my score for the day than just about anything else. This is an incredible opportunity!

1. What wedges do you normally play? I play TM MC PW, TM XFT 50, 54, 58

2. Are your clubs fit for your game? Yes, I was fit for bounce and flex, but my gap set up was something I choose.

4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? I need clubs that are versatile, yet very stabile. I like to have not only different loft options, but bounce and grinds. I like to use my wedges for full shots, half shots, bump and runs, chips, pitches, flops and sand shots, just to name a few. With all of these types of shots it is very important to have versatility, yet be able to have a set that can allow you make these different shots.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I am an active member and have been privileged to take part in testing here on THP. The one aspect of my game that I am able to work on the most is my short game. I have an indoor facility that is 5 minutes from my work and a course with a great short game area that is less than 10 minutes from my work. You will frequently find me in either of those two places working on my short game, and this has been the single biggest reason for the significant drop in my handicap this year.

Thank you so much to THP and SCOR! I have not been this excited for product a product launch in along time, maybe ever! I cannot wait to hear the testers thoughts on this system, and hope I can be of them!

What a great opportunity from THP! They continue to amaze me every single day.

Good luck to the entrants, I can't wait to read and see how these irons perform.

1. What wedges do you normally play? xFT 52* and CG14 56 and 60
2. Are your clubs fit for your game? My irons (4-PW) have been fitted for my game but not my wedges.
3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry? 4 PW, 52*, 56*. 60*
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? When it comes to scoring clubs there are two main things I look at, consistency and spin. I must feel comfortable with each wedge on my distances and if I can hit that distance every time. With spin I want to be able to control the amount of spin I can put on the ball. I like to be able to spin it back if need or a one hope and stop.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I can get out to the golf course at least three to four times a week to test the product out. I'm here to give my full and honest opinion about a product for the members of THP. There have been so many good reviews out there that I will never be able to top but I would give it my all. I know I'm not the most active person on THP but I'm consistent and am on every day. I would be willing to post information on social networking sites as well as my full review on here.

Thank you to SCOR Golf and THP for another amazing opportunity.

I'm liking the looks of the Scor wedges! And if these wedges are better than my current ones I will be extremely excited!!!

Nike Vr Pro

Lie angle has been adjusted accordingly, and I picked clubs based on my gaps.

4 - PW(46) GW(50) SW(54) LW(60)

CONSISTENCY! I also like to control my ball. It is important for me to control both spin and trajectory. Although the correct ball has a lot to do with that as well...

I typically play on Fridays, which are typically practice sessions or practice rounds where I have something in mind that I want to work on. These days I can play the SCOR wedges against my current wedges and compare them to each other. Distance, forgiveness, ball flight, control, spin etc... I can try things to answer questions for other THP members or for myself. On Sundays I play in a usual skins game or local tournaments. On these days I can see how these wedges perform under a more stressful environment, where every shot means something and there are no do-overs.
I have been consistently active since I joined THP almost 2 years ago. I am extremely consistent in threads that have topics I am most interested in. Most forum members will know me from being active in a lot of the apparel oriented threads. I also actively comment in other threads that I have an educated response for. I never give advice or opinions on anything that I do not believe in. Most recently I was choosen for a golf ball testing. I believe I gave accurate and insightful information to all THP members and I believe I gave beneficial feedback for the manufacturer as well.

I use the 46* PW from my set of Mizuno MP 53's as well as Mizuno MP T-11's w/ DG Spinners in the following lofts: 52* bent to 51*, a 56*, and a 60* bent to 61*

Yes the loft and lies have been adjusted to suit my needs. The grips were also changed to GP NDMC to match the rest of my clubs.

A comfortable head weight and sole grinds that allow be to open and close the face as needed.

I would test these 2-3 times per week with a combination of use at a practice facility and on course testing. I would be comparing them to my current wedges and a set of CG 15's I have as well. I am on THP daily and post mustiple times a day. I feel I am an active member of THP.

1. What wedges do you normally play? A Maxfli S3 60* wedge, a Walter Hagen SW and PW
2. Are your clubs fit for your game?My clubs are currently stock, Looking to buy a fitted set come fall/winter
3. Including your PW, how many wedges do you carry? I carry 3 wedges: PW SW 60* and I find it very difficult because I am in between distances all the time
4. What do you look for in your scoring clubs? I am looking for feel and distance control. I love when I hit a nice wedge shot that feels almost effortless but attacks the green and checks up how I want it to. I am also looking to get my gaps right so Iam not caught in between. When I feel like I have to muscle a shot or take speed off a swing I tend to "skull" the ball.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I currently go to the range 2 times a week and i play around almost every weekend. I will be using Twitter, Facebook, and google+ to talk about my testing and my thoughts. I also do alot of chipping in my yard to get my greenside shots down. I am on THP almost everyday and I feel like I will be able to give solid and honest feedback on the product.

Back