Forum Testing Signup - Pre-Release Driver

The Black eh?! Very nice... good luck to everyone who applied to be a tester. Many thanks to Cleveland Golf for giving THP and the testers chosen a chance to sample this offering.

Alex

I'm interested to see how this testing goes, mainly if the testers have a wide variety of swing speeds and tempos. Even though the club is geared towards those under 100 mph (IIRC from the THP radio show), it would be fun to see what happens if 1 or 2 testers have a swing speed above that.

Good luck to all who entered. Stupid winter. :angry:

Amphibians can Tapatalk.

Wow. I am very excited for this driver so I can't wait to start reading the reviews!!

i can not wait to hear feedback since my 2012 driver is down to the cg black and the vr pro le.. hope to hear some good things. or report good things if im that lucky!

The Driver being tested will be....

The Cleveland CG Black. Testers will be announced tomorrow.

I had a sneaking suspicion it would be the Black! Awesome news, I am REALLY looking forward to following the testers on this one! This is without a doubt a great driver and can be a game changer for some folks. Awesome job by THP and Cleveland!

I am looking forward to hearing what everyone thinks of this driver, it is at the top of my list of drivers to hit the next time I am in one of the big stores with a monitor. Good luck to everyone who submitted their names for the testing and a big thank you to Cleveland Golf and THP.

I'm interested to see how this testing goes, mainly if the testers have a wide variety of swing speeds and tempos. Even though the club is geared towards those under 100 mph (IIRC from the THP radio show), it would be fun to see what happens if 1 or 2 testers have a swing speed above that.

I second that. Hopefully those 5 testers have some great results but yeah I'd love to see a little firepower in the swing just to see if ballooning is an issue or not. Either way that driver looks awesome.

The Driver being tested will be....

The Cleveland CG Black. Testers will be announced tomorrow.

SWEET!!!

Wow!!!!just landed and looks like there are going to be 5 very happy testers. A few of us have this driver and it is the truth Ruth! Very very excited to hear the feedback, swing changes and over all impression. Testers have a nice challenge in front of them. This is not your daddy's grip and rip it! This baby likes to be talked to nice like....can't wait for tomorrow!!!

Wow!!!!just landed and looks like there are going to be 5 very happy testers. A few of us have this driver and it is the truth Ruth! Very very excited to hear the feedback, swing changes and over all impression. Testers have a nice challenge in front of them. This is not your daddy's grip and rip it! This baby likes to be talked to nice like....can't wait for tomorrow!!!

Exactly! This is going to be a very, very good testing! I cant wait for this one to start up!

WOW!!!.. This is an awesome opportunity for the testers involved. Thank you Cleveland Golf and THP for this opportunity

Have you 2 been snuggling up and making sweet sweet love to the same driver? She gets around

Exactly! This is going to be a very, very good testing! I cant wait for this one to start up!

I second that. Hopefully those 5 testers have some great results but yeah I'd love to see a little firepower in the swing just to see if ballooning is an issue or not. Either way that driver looks awesome.

You should read our review on the home page. We discuss that very thing. We also discuss it on the THP Radio show where Nate talked about the creation of this driver. Im not sure THP should select testers for equipment that does not fit them should we?

Wow that's one Hot looking Driver great news for those that are selected for the testing. This will be a thread to follow.

That is one sweet looking driver, I wonder if it lives up to its good looks!!

Couple threads on this bad boy, find one and read it, tons of info

I eagerly look forward to the reviews on this! If I was going to replace one thing in my bag it world be the Driver!

You should read our review on the home page. We discuss that very thing. We also discuss it on the THP Radio show where Nate talked about the creation of this driver. Im not sure THP should select testers for equipment that does not fit them should we?

I would agree, but what if you have a person who has a higher swing speed but has too little spin on their tee shots and the ball just falls out of the air? Albeit rare, it can happen. I don't see that being an issue for a tour level speed but someone at like 103-105 might have that issue?

with my average ss around 95, i reeally wanna see if this driver would help. i saw some gain with the nike vr pro le. but the open face has me worried.!! and i love light. im missing my fl 3 wood already.. the vr pro is a good 3 wood but not as long as the cleveland was...

regardless excited to see who the lucky 5 are and follow closely!!

I would agree, but what if you have a person who has a higher swing speed but has too little spin on their tee shots and the ball just falls out of the air? Albeit rare, it can happen. I don't see that being an issue for a tour level speed but someone at like 103-105 might have that issue?

The driver was designed for the 103-105 swing.

That's one of the things I've learned with the Adams testing....my swing is all about tempo these days!

I would recommend listening to the radio show. Lots of information on this very thing. It is our goal to pick testers that match up to the equipment at varying skill levels. Just like if we have a shaft testing, we would not pick someone to test a R flex shaft if they are fit for a S flex. If a club is geared to and made for golfers that have slower swing speeds (under 100), that is who we will have test it in most cases. It does not prohibit someone from testing it on their own of course and we welcome the feedback and it was the reason we put golfers of all swing speeds on the launch monitor during our testing.

Back