Forum Testing Signup - PING Golf Bags

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
If you received the November issue of the THP Newsletter than you know that THP has teamed up with PING Golf to select 4 lucky forum members to test out the new 2012 PING Golf Bags!! They have 3 new Carry Bags and 1 new Cart Bag coming out in the next couple of weeks and we are going to get 1 of each bag for testing!! If chosen you will also have the chance to select which color you would like your bag in! Below are all the details and rules on how to sign up.
i-Bc4NWrN-M.jpg
i-KH3vZsb-M.jpg
i-WCwcfRv-M.jpg
i-wTnFfXL-M.jpg

Bags in order from left to right: 4 -Series, Hoofer, Latitude, Pioneer

Spoiler
Criteria
You must be able to play golf (either on course or driving range).
4 Forum members will be chosen to be a part of this testing.

Testing Process
If selected it will be your job to test your bag frequently and update the official testing thread with feedback on your findings. You will be asked to update Facebook and Twitter with your findings as well (minimum 1 of the 2). This is long term testing and will need updates for a period of a couple of months. At the end of the testing, the bag will be yours to keep.

To participate you must be an active forum member or become an active forum members. Being active on THP has its benefits and product testing is one of them. If you are new, that is OK, being active is more than just tenure.

Registration is always fast, free and easy.
The Hackers Paradise - Registration

Rules
This is not a contest, so there really are no rules. All we ask is that you make a post in this thread and answer the following questions.

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry)
2. Do you prefer a separate putter well?
3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way)
4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course?
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP.

Signup with end on Sunday November 6th at 11:59PM EST and the 4 testers will be announced that following Monday November 7th.

Keep in mind if you are not chosen for this, there will be plenty of opportunities in the future here at THP for testing and other product trials. Stay active and you will have a chance to be a part of these awesome testing we do here.

The Testers:

4 Series - dubbledxu
Hoofer - Jacob Robertson
Latitude - Butters35
Pioneer - omikey

Last edited:
That is awesome!!

Awesome! Wish I could participate, no luck to my season.

Cant wait to hear results!

Good luck to everyone! I better sit out on this one since winter is about here...

Forum Testing Signup - PING Golf Bags

Good luck everyone, I'll be sitting this one out due to old man winter!

All 4 of those bags look really good, especially the latitude!

What a GREAT opportunity from Ping & THP!!

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? Cart (on my Clicgear 3.0 push cart)
2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? Yes
3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? Been using 14 way but having issues with clubs getting stuck. Have thought about next bag not having individual dividers.
4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? Yes, I can
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. My testing plan would consist of using photos and video showing the product both on/off the course with trips to the course at least once per week in addition to range sessions. I would focus on things such as build quality/durability/ease of transport and getting on/off push cart, rain hood (if applicable), pocket location and type of pocket. Activity level on THP is daily and very frequent.

Football is ending, so JR can finally sign up for testing!

1. Carry. I walk almost exclusively.
2. I have never had a bag with this feature, but I am fine without one.
3. I prefer 6 or 8 way dividers.
4. Easily. I live in Alabama, and there is no snow here, so golf isn't a problem.
5. I will be putting 18-36 holes a week on the bags, with a Twitter and THP update after every round. I will look at the features of the bag, compare it to other models, and test and features (such as the legs) in a variety of enviornments.

As far as activity, I am well known and (I hope) respected member of this forum who has been around for more than a year. I have contributed to several testings in the past, so I know what I am doing here. I log on every day, and average around 10 posts per day, and I am not packing up and leaving anytime soon.

Thanks to Ping and THP for the wonderful testing opportunity.

Thanks THP and Ping for such an awesome testing!

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry) Cart
2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? I just bought a cart bag that has this and love it. I don't know if I could go back.
3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way) I love the 14-way divider system. It keeps my clubs organized and helps me make sure I am not missing any.
4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? Since I live in NC I can golf year round. We get a few small hiccups from weather, but nothing that last over a week.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. I plan on putting this bag in to play as much as possible. I make it out to the course about once a week and to the range once a week too. I plan on writing detail reviews and making a few videos of the bag in use. I am very active on THP.

nice looking bags. i really like the latitude. nice to see some carry bags with molded putter wells and 10 pockets, plenty of room for my junk! can't wait to see the reviews.... since its already snowing here im gonna sit it out.

I currently use a Cart bag. I do have a Carry bag that I will put into rotation though.

I do prefer a separate putter well.

3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way)

I do not really have a preference. I have a 14-way and a 6-way right now, and I don't prefer one over the other.

Yes, I can golf year round here. We can experience multiple days where the weather might not be cooperative but I can golf year round here.

I would involve constant updates, with photos and video coverage in those updates. I suppose the best way to truly put a golf bag through the paces is to get out on the course as much as possible and right now I'm getting in 2-3 rounds per week and 2-3 range sessions per week. I'm pretty active on THP, always have been. I'm approaching 30,000 posts and have been fortunate to test things in the past so I know what it takes to be involved in a successful round of testing.

A big thanks to THP and PING for the testing. Pretty cool to have forum testing on golf bags, in my opinion. Good luck to everyone who enters!

What a great opportunity for a few lucky thpers. Too bad its pretty much the end of my season or id be all over this

I tapped, I talked.

This is a really cool test. I have tried about 10 bags in the last 3 months and still can't find one I like.

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry) An older carry bag
2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? Yes, I would like to have that option. In the bags I have tried out I like to have the putter separate since it is only 33in and gets lost in the bag.
3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way) No true preference. I have found some 14-way that are good and some that are bad. Some are so tight that the clubs get stuck. Right now may bag is a 6-way.
4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? Yes, I usually will get out 1-2 times on the weekend.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. I plan on using the bag for every round. I will try it out on a cart, Clicgear 3.0, and can walk if selected for a carry bag. I am basically on the THP every day. I try to post when I have relevant info on a topic. I will post my thoughts after every round.

I'm currently using the 2011 Cleveland Hybrid Stand Bag. It has a 14-way top, but no putter well.

Yes, at this point having used the Cleveland, which is a great bag otherwise, I would prefer a separate putter well.

The Cleveland I'm using now has a 14-way top, but I'm not 100% sold on it. Typically I prefer more organization, but the 14-way top is sometimes too restrictive and doesn't let the irons all move together. I've experienced hardly any bag chatter with the 14-way top, but the clubs tend to all twist in different directions, especially when the bag is on a cart, making it unsightly and can cause some tangling when I want to access a specific club. A 6 or 8 way top might be a better option based on my current experience.

I live in Fort Lauderdale, Florida so absolutely I can get on the course all winter long. In fact, it's now "season" for golf down here. Tons of opportunities.

Testing will include trips to the local driving range 2-3 times a week, in which a stand bag is particularly useful. I will also play at least a round or take a lesson/play a round once per weekend, and often times play two rounds a weekend. My testing will therefore include carrying the bag, using it as a stand bag at the range/lesson, and using it on a cart during rounds. I tend to store a lot of accessories in my bag (sunglasses, gloves, rain jacket, towels, beverages, snacks, etc...) so i can provide a lot of insight in that regard. My activity level on THP is generally very high since joining back in June. I'm on here reading and pondering every day, and post when I feel like I have something appropriate and insightful to say. My testing reports will include extensive write ups on the forum, as well as live blogging on twitter.

Thanks to PING and THP for bringing a new product to the forum testing world. Should be a very interesting one to follow or participate in!

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry) - Carry bag
2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? - Yes, I've grown to love them.
3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way) Not necessarily, but I'm a fan of 14 dividers for their organizational attributes. They mesh well with my OCD nature.
4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? I have about a month left of time on the course unless I head south a few hours, which is a real possibility. Regardless, I will not be on the course itself as frequently as I am during the summer. I have access to heated ranges and indoor facilities for my winter practice.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. My testing plan would be to use the bag multiple times a week and report back with pictures, videos, and written reviews. I'm a very active member and tester on THP and will continue to be.

Awesome testing opportunity. Thanks PING and THP.

TapAhoy!

Good luck everyone! Very interested in how testing will be done with these bags.

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry) Currently use a Cart bag, but have a carry bag I use when walking.
2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? Yes, I do.
3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way) I prefer a 14-way divider, especially when using a cart bag. Feel that it cuts down on bag chatter when riding, and keeps the clubs separated and organized.
4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? Absolutely, gotta love the 12 month golf season here in Florida.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. I am on THP on a daily basis, as well as active on Twitter and Facebook. As far as getting out on the course; I play twice a week, and get to the range/practice area at least once per week as well.

A big thanks to THP and Ping for another great testing opportunity! Looking forward to the feedback on the 4 new bags coming out from Ping!

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry) I currently have a cart bag and have used these exclusively for years. I have been contemplating switching to a carry (for less weight), as I have been traveling a little more lately, but do not want to loose some of the features of a cart bag.
2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? Yes, one of the features I worry about loosing with a carry bag.
3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way) I currently have 14 and prefer it or an 8-way. I think it is better organization and less wear and tear on the irons.
4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? I live in southwest Florida...'nough said :)
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. I plan on putting this bag into use right away as I play once to twice a week on a regular basis. I plan on posting detailed reviews and providing all of the necessary feedback and more. The course I play all winter has 'natural' cart paths and durability of the bag is important for me and this would be a great opportunity to test a new bag. I am new to THP but was lurking on a daily basis for months before joining. I think I have been quite active since I joined and I look forward to continuing to be involved and contribute as I can.

. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry) Nike Cart

2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? I have never had a bag with this feature, but would like it

3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way) Current bag has 14 way dividers, and I like the ability to seperate all my stuff.

4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? Played in 76 degree weather yesterday. And I will play in almost any kind of weather, it's golf!!!

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. Written and video reviews of the bag including the day I unpacked it. I'm at the course at least once a week and been very active here on the forum.

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use?
Taylor Made Pure Lite 2.0

Yes, but never had one on a bag I've owned yet

3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like?
Last few bags I've owned have had approx 6-8 dividers. Have wanted to try a bag with more individual dividers

Yes, for a month or two more. Also range time on warmer weekends. Then back into the full swing of things in 2012 (multiple range sessions and a round or two a week)

Testing plan would involve making notes while using the bag on what I liked, did not like, etc. It would consist of adding photos, even videos, to this thread documenting my use. I'd analyze the product based on appearance, ease of use, quality, adaptability, security, pocket usefulness and misc features. My THP activity level is daily checks of new posts and threads, with occassional post. Love the testing threads and a few have swayed me on trying a product.

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? Cart, Taylormade
2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? Dont know, never had one.
3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? Have had both, prefer the 6 way divider.
4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? Yes, Miami is good for something.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. My testing plan would consist of using photos and text description of use, durability, transportation, (I walk and ride), compartment access, ease of loading and unloading, storage and seperation, form and function.

Awesome Testing! I absolutely love golf bags!

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry) I use a carry bag
2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? I do prefer a separate putter well
3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way) I prefer 14 way
4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? Absolutely
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. This will become my golf bag for as long as the testing lasts. I will write about every round and I will include my likes and dislikes. I will also give feedback about lugging it to my frequent trips to the range and what is good/not good about this bag in that aspect. I will categorize 4 areas that are important to me when it comes to bags (ease of pulling/putting clubs out of/into the bag, storage, ease of access to the things I need during the round and durability). Activity will be the same as always

Definitely want to thank THP and PING for this opportunity!

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry) I currently use a carry bag.
2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? Definitely. My experience with my carry bag's bag chatter has really led me to desire a separate putter well.
3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way) I don't really have much of a preference, although I do like the 8 and 14-way dividers slightly better than the 6 way.
4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? New Jersey's weather can be freakish, but we still have at least a month or so before the snow becomes a major problem (barring that freak Halloween snowstorm that hit north of us). I have access to a covered driving range as well for testing and practice throughout the winter.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. My testing plan would consist of using the bag at least a couple times per week, whether it is carrying it around a course to test durability of straps, weight, feeling on the shoulder, etc...or placing it in a cart and seeing how well the bag does in terms of bag chatter. How good are the pockets? The dividers? Pictures and videos would be a part of my testing plan, as well as social media. I am a relatively new member, but was fortunate enough to meet many THPers in a recent golf outing in Pennsylvania, but I have posted in many different forum topics, and will try my utmost to be as meticulous with my reviews as possible.

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry) - Currently use both. If the weather is OK I will carry but if likely to be wet I tend to use cart bag due to extra weight of waterproofs etc
2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? - Never had separate putter slot so not really an issue.
3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way) - Both my cart and carry bags have 6 way so am used to that config.
4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? - I play all year round unless snow arrives and course is closed. We Brits are used to the odd bit of bad weather.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. - For the purposes of testing I will provide regular feedback with images and constructive reviews. I am not affraid to tell it as it is if the product is not up to scratch!! Will openly answer any questions from other THPers regarding the product. I try to contribute to threads that I am able to and will always try and give constructive comments. Usually log on at least a couple of times per day.

Yet another great chance for the guys n gals to help a manufacturer with their product testing.

1. What type of golf bag do you currently use? (i.e Cart or Carry) Currently use a Cart bag, switched from a carry bag during the year
2. Do you prefer a separate putter well? I don't have one, but I can see where it would be nice.
3. Do you have a preference on dividers? If so how many do you like? (example, 6-way, 8-way, 14-way) 14
4. With the weather changing can you still get to the course? Yes, can still get to the course and ranges. When the weather gets bad I can go to heated ranges and indoor facilities.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP. I am a very active poster on THP. I will test this bag by using in on the course on a push cart, golf cart, and carry(if it's a carry bag). I will also bring it to the range. I will use pictures and videos to show pocket space and to illustrate the ease in which clubs can go in and out of the bag.

Thank you THP and PING for this opportunity. Forum Bag testing is a great idea.

Back